The other day on Instagram I posted a before and after eczema transformation picture of me. It’s been 2 years since my eczema took a turn for the worst. It started spreading up from my legs all the way up to my face. It was a long journey to heal but this year (2016) I’ve been eczema free.
In today’s video I am giving a quick update and addressing the questions I received on that picture in case you might have had the same.
Celebrating being eczema free and answering questions about eczema
If you know of anyone that would benefit from my video please share it with them.
My eczema did start with I was young but it wasn’t bad. I would just go through really bad times of non stop itching my skin, but never had the big red patches like I got as an adult. It was in 2011 I did see a dermatologist where they confirmed I had it.
I highly recommend not getting on steroids. Start with some of my tips first as I don’t want you to have to go through steroid withdrawals. I never took any! I tried them once for a day but just knew deep down there was another way.
Questions I answer in the video:
- Kids and eczema – where to start healing
- How do you know if you have it
- Does heat trigger it
I do feel eczema is highly related to our gut health, how strong our immune system is, inflammation in our bodies and how strong our skin skin barrier is.
I feel it was a combination of everything I have shared here on the blog to heal and stay healed:
- Taking good supplements and finding the lotions that helped protect my skin.
- Healing my gut and improving my digestion. I struggled for years finding the foods to help heal me. Keeping a food journal helps. If you are interested in healing your gut I recommend two books : Digestive Health with Real Food and Practical Paleo. And getting tested to see if you have any candida issues.
- Learned to reduce my stress and healed myself emotionally and spiritually by showing some love to my body.
- Got light therapy done to help heal me too.
It’s important to address you whole body including your soul and mind. You can’t just change your diet and hope to heal. You have to believe deep down that you will heal. Focus on clear skin not having eczema. Keep your thoughts positive. I promise this will carry you through. I listened to a lot of Louise Hays things on youtube plus did everything else to love my body.
Thank you for allowing to share this journey with you and for the support.
Eczema sucks and I will do my part in helping others heal by sharing my story and tips.
What would you like to see next from us? Any other questions you have for us?
If you’re new to Purely Twins join our tribe and get updates:
Pinterest – purelytwins
Snapchat – loriandmichelle
Facebook – purelytwins