I know I mentioned Friday is when I will be sharing my eczema updates and tips to heal it, but this Friday is a big day for celebration….Madison will be 6 months old!!!

So make sure you come back to see how she is doing.

What lotions are best to heal and treat eczema. My current routine of products I put on my skin to help heal my eczema.

Review of products I mentioned in video:

I have no affiliation with any of them. These are just products I have personally bought and tried on my skin. I am sharing them all just in case they could help your skin or your kid’s eczema.

What lotions and products are best to heal eczema.

Oils like sea buckthorn, coconut, castor, olive, sunflower, emu, etc.

Serena Skin  – goes on lightly, but noticed no difference in my skin. I even bought the spray they say to use with it. I still have both, so maybe I will try again.

MG217 psoriasis coal tar – helped with itch. I used it when I was at the peak of pain and itchiness.

CV skin labs skin balm  – liked it, but hate that it is a small tube. Good if you have small patches of dry skin.

MooGoo  – liked it for my open wounds as some of them got infected.

Exederm    – used only when I really, really needed it – helped with the pain and itch

Mayan Magic  – great product!! I have gone through 4 jars. Felt it really helped with the appearance of the red patches.

Aveeno eczema therapy  – liked it. It goes on lightly great for the hotter months.

Cetaphil restoraderm eczema calming body moisturizer  – been using this for months and love it! I use the body wash too in the shower.

Eucerin eczem relief – my current favorite product as I feel it has made the biggest impact on my skin.

favorite lotions to put on skin to heal eczema eucerin and cetaphil and mayan magic

As I mentioned in the video I tried all natural products and they made no difference in my skin. Also, everyone will react differently to each lotion and cream out there on the market to treat eczema. You have to do what I did and try them all and see what your skin likes.

I hope this helps and inspires you to keep trying to find what helps heal your eczema. It has taken me months to get where I am today, so don’t give up.

I have more tips coming your way!

Let me know, what cream or lotion you like for your skin?

Share this with anyone you know that suffers from eczema. Thank you for the support.

M

fab-you-signature-01

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

23 thoughts on “What lotions are best to heal eczema. My current products I use on my skin.

1. I found Aveeno made no difference, but I found that DermaMed -the green bottle, did help.

Posted on March 25, 2015 at 1:44 pm
    1. Ya Aveeno did okay for me.

Posted on March 25, 2015 at 8:38 pm
  2. I’d like to try the Mayan Magic, but its so expensive. I ll try a small bottle and see how it works if you say you really loved it.

Posted on March 25, 2015 at 1:52 pm
    1. I know it is, but I do feel worth it. I hope it works for your skin! I still used in with some of the other lotions as my skin needed a lot.

Posted on March 25, 2015 at 8:39 pm
  3. My 11 month old baby has got eczema on his chin.. Doc prescribed bioderma.. Effectively at night when he sleeps.. During d day with constant itching blood oozes out.. N red bumps appear all over. Tried bandaid to cover d area but my li’l one manages to remove it easily. Tried mittens to cover his hands but still keeping itching n scarring his face. The doc has said if it persists he will introduce steroid treatment after 3 weeks.
    Very upset & worried mom.

Posted on March 25, 2015 at 5:42 pm
    1. Okay most kids eczema is food related, I would suggest testing foods on him – remove a one food at a time like wheat/gluten, eggs, dairy, nuts, fish are common for kids. Look into this book http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/193350305X/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Also is your baby getting any type of probiotics?? vitamin d? Both are very important for skin and gut health!!

Posted on March 25, 2015 at 8:44 pm
  4. Thank you so much for this review!!! I am going through my worst flare up and I’m desperate for relief. I look forward to trying these products. Please continue with these eczema videos. I find them so uplifting during this very difficult time.

Posted on March 25, 2015 at 5:45 pm
    1. Glad my videos are helping and don’t give up! One other thing that really helped me during my worst was epsom salt! I plan to do a video on it.

Posted on March 25, 2015 at 8:45 pm
  5. I have struggled with eczema/psoriasis my whole life. Like you, I’ve done elimination diets and have found what triggers my outbreaks. I’ve used EVERYTHING from lotions, ointments to even steroid shots. Definitely try 100% Pure lotion. I use the vanilla or honey. Recently I started using Jo Malone (pricey, but worth it) body butter with vitamin E. Also, Target is carrying a new line called Skin Fix. Try the body repair balm. Good luck to you! I know how awful it is to struggle with dry itchy skin!

Posted on March 25, 2015 at 8:45 pm
    1. Thanks for the products I will look into them!! Glad you have found relief.

Posted on March 25, 2015 at 11:12 pm
  6. Cetaphil lotion is awesome, and Aveeno is my favorite!

Posted on March 25, 2015 at 9:24 pm
  7. I liked Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion an d there was one with cooling menthol, which felt amazing when my legs were burning and super itchy. Lately, I’ve been using Curél® Itch Defense® Lotion and and I put it on right after my shower. I find it really soothing and I haven’t been getting as many flare ups.

I’ve been buying soap at craft sales, which are made from olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, avocado oil, water and a bit of fragrance.

Posted on March 26, 2015 at 10:04 am
    1. That soap sounds great!

Posted on March 26, 2015 at 8:54 pm
  8. Thank you for sharing all your experiences! I have passed on to people & shared on my truth2beingfit FB page!

Posted on March 26, 2015 at 6:28 pm
    1. Thanks girl!! You are the best.

Posted on March 26, 2015 at 8:55 pm
  9. I’ve been using Cerve which is okay but will try some of these. Thanks

Posted on March 26, 2015 at 11:28 pm
  10. download liz wolfe’s purely primal skincare guide! that’ll help eczema along with figuring out if you have food allergies/sensitivities and healing your gut. your skin reflects whats going on in your gut/digestion.

Fat Face Skincare is supposed to be wonderful for Eczema.
    So are natural oils, especially beef tallow.

Posted on March 30, 2015 at 11:18 am
    1. yes Sarah got that book too, great book. I tried tallow on my skin for eczema for weeks and it did nothing. I hope to try it again one day.

Posted on March 30, 2015 at 12:01 pm
  11. Hello, Michelle!
    I have found MSM cream to be extremely helpful in treating my eczema; I found this out from a friend who used it to completely get rid of her’s! I have eczema all over my hands, but MSM cream REALLY helps relieve it. (FYI, NOTHING seems to work for my eczema, so that says something). I buy the “MRM MSM Cream”. I hope this helps you, too!

Posted on April 2, 2015 at 12:42 am
    1. Thank you I will look into that cream. So happy to hear you have found something to help your eczema

Posted on April 2, 2015 at 8:58 am
  12. I use the Cerave product line. So far, the products I use from that line are the foaming facial cleanser, the moisturizing cream, and the hydrating cleanser bar. I still get eczema flare ups every now and then but I deal with them by not scratching. I think I might even purchase the anti-itch hydro cortisone cream from CeraVe as well.

Posted on August 20, 2016 at 1:53 pm
  13. I’m so glad I found this. I have awful eczema. It affects my self esteem. Even working out is painful because the sweat burns and itches. So gaining weight from not working out isn’t helping either!

I am going to try some of the tips…diet, lotions, etc.

One thing that recently brought me HUGE relief is bleach baths. 1/3 – 1/2 cup in a warm bath, with 1 cup epsome salt, and one aveeno oatmeal packet. It is a life saver. Be sure to turn on the fan for ventilation. I have asthma so the bleach does make me feel weezy, but honestly it’s worth it. Just one bleach bath a week for 5-10 minutes. In between epsome and oatmeal baths, lukewarm water. And a clean towel! Only use your towel once. Icky bacteria harbor in towels…which infects our skin.

Then I lotion up with Curel fragrance free while my skin is still damp, and follow with Cerave (a tub with a pump). Then, I hop in cozy jammies to seal in the moisture. One secret weapon for my neck and face is Atopalm. Made in Korea but available on Amazon! What a blessing this stuff has been. Like the only thing I can put on my face.

It has helped a ton. I hope my tips help y’all out. I think if I can monitor foods it’ll help a ton. Blessings to all and remember…this journey just ensures we take really good care of ourselves 🙂

Posted on August 29, 2016 at 10:48 pm