Below you will find the resources we use to study the Bible.
This is not an exclusive lists, but just what we have or are currently using.
We will update this when we get anything new. This is why we created this as a secret page, because we plan to update it as we continue to read through the Bible.
We want you all to know and understand we are not experts. We don’t know everything about the Bible. We want to make sure we are reading and sharing about it right and giving it the credit it deserves. We don’t want to share the wrong information or lead you astray from the truth. We do pray over the Bible before we read and film our videos. But just know we still might make mistakes, say the wrong thing etc. Please grant us grace and forgiveness.
Please remember- that for the pastors, any scholars, resource or any teacher of some kind, we have not listened to every single thing or read everything they have wrote. So just because we listened to them doesn’t mean we agree 100% with everything the person has said.
Resources for all Bible things:
The at a glance sheet are from Teach Sunday school – they have a lot of things but the ones we have are:
- Bible characters at a glance
- Books of the Bible at a glance
- Bible authors
- Bible virtues
Good Bible apps to help you study:
- Logos Bible – we use for more resources like searching for passages like I want to see all the scripture on love. Allows for more pictures, maps and things. We did to look into this one, as we feel it does more than we use it for.
- Blue letter Bible – We use this APP the most (it has everything online too). We use it a lot to get cross-references, dictionaries, and text commentaries. It also has audios from pastors teaching on scripture. This APP has a lot of great things including a greek concordance.
- First 5 – Proverbs 31 app. We don’t use much but it offers Bible studies.
- Strong’s Concordance – we use to look up words used in the scripture – although we now tend to use the Blue Letter Bible for that.
Resources we used when we studied Matthew: These are the resources we used for the first time reading Matthew in 2020-2021.
The only written commentary we had was the – Be Loyal – NT Commentary on Matthew by Warren Wiersbe
Pastors we listened to that taught verse-by-verse:
- Chuck Smith – The Word for today app
- David Guzik – Enduring word
- Harvest Family Fellowship
- Pastor Dan from Calvary Church FL
- Door of Hope Matthew series
- Overview Bible
- Bible Project
- Faithful off the logos Bible
- Matthew Henry – off Blue letter bible app
- The Plot against Jesus – David Platt – https://youtu.be/HgiLKFfJlmM
- One hour One book – Matthew
- This podcast on Matthew – https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/podcasts/help-me-teach-the-bible/douglas-odonnell-on-matthew/
- ASL | The Bible Explained: Matthew
- The Gospel of Matthew: Overview | Whiteboard Bible Study
- Overview: Matthew 1-13 https://youtu.be/3Dv4-n6OYGI
- Overview: Matthew 14-28 https://youtu.be/GGCF3OPWN14
Here are other sermons from One hour one book pastor we listened too, he does not have every chapter :
Jesus and the Kingdom (GCBI 108.05) – https://youtu.be/C9u49DEn91Y
Jesus and the Law (GCBI 108.03) https://youtu.be/0b1Sm0_fqOA
Jesus and the Discipleship Standards (GCBI 108.04) https://youtu.be/TxFtLWBoiEo
Jesus and the Pharisaic Conflict (GCBI 108.07) https://youtu.be/a2cq70TQdLE
It Happened One Sabbath, Pt. 2 (GCBI 108.09) https://youtu.be/Za28qci363U
Then when used some other resources when we studied Matthew 23-25:
Aologoia Studio – Jeff Durbin
Resources we are using as we read through Mark: