Hey beautiful!

Are you ready to talk supplements with me? Great.

I am continuing my eczema tips with sharing my current supplement routine. I hope my story and tips are able to help you or someone you know that suffers from it.

The supplements I take to help heal my eczema

Products I mentioned in video:

I have no affiliation with any of them. These are just products I have personally bought and use. I am sharing them all just in case they could help your skin or your kid’s eczema.

Supplements to heal eczema from vitamin d to probiotics to fighting candida. @purelytwins

These supplements are a mix of ones I buy online off Amazon or I buy from my doctor.

1 – Designs for health L-5-MTHF.  If you want to know more about methylation check out this article.

2 – Fermented cod liver oil.  I get mine from Green Pastures.

3 – Now Vitamin D-3.  I take 10,000 IU during the week and take 5,000 IU on the weekends (this amount was prescribed by my doctor)

4 – XYMOGEN probiomax df 100 billion probiotic.  I am on my 3rd pack of this stuff. The other probiotics I used to take were not enough according to my doctor. Not sure how long I will be on this high of a dose.

5 – Zyrtec  – For me this does help a little with the itch and my seasonal allergies. I know not natural, but right now it works for me.

6 – Borage oil – Great for the skin internally.

In addition I mentioned I took prescriptions to fight candida, they are:

1. Fluconazole – took for 30 days

2. Nystatin – took for 30 days and about to start one more round

The test I had done for my candida:

Genova Diagnostics – NutrVal FMV amino acids

The test I did for vitamin d and omegas (plus other things) was from Health Diagnostic Laboratory.

I hope one of these supplements can help you with your eczema.

Please leave me a comment below if you have any questions or let me know what supplements you take.

Share this with anyone you know that suffers from eczema. Thank you for the support. xoxo M fab-you-signature-01

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

30 thoughts on “Supplements to help eczema – my current routine

1. I have family members with eczema, so this will be helpful!

Posted on April 18, 2015 at 9:13 am
    1. I hope they get some relief

Posted on April 19, 2015 at 9:20 am
      1. Thank you so much for sharing about your journey trying to heal your skin. We’ve had my granddaughter to several dermatologists and they always want to try the steroid creams – which work temporarily, but then the eczema comes back with a vengeance. I came across your blog while researching in yet another attempt to help her. She cheers and is often blindsided when someone will rudely say, “What is wrong with your legs?!?” (She will change out of her skirt immediately after a pep rally or ball game to try to prevent this.) Hers is all over her body and her skin pretty much feels like sandpaper – especially her hands. You’ve given me some good ideas to start with. Thank you for sharing.

Posted on July 13, 2016 at 2:22 am
        1. Is there a way to take off my last name?

Posted on July 13, 2016 at 2:24 am
          1. Um not sure I can control that but more of when you type your name it, but I will see what can do.

Posted on July 14, 2016 at 10:54 am
        2. I totally understand how she feels. I was so embarrassed and would also cover my skin up, even during the hot months I would wear pants. I would try not to use steroid creams. These supplements made a huge difference – especially the Vit D and borage oil. Did you see my post on diet? There might me some more ideas for your granddaughter. She is in my prayers.

Posted on July 14, 2016 at 10:54 am
  2. Green Pastures Fermented CLO is amazing stuff. We take it too.

Posted on April 18, 2015 at 3:21 pm
    1. Ack! I hit return and it posted my comment before I was ready. I want to say: your results are amazing!

Posted on April 18, 2015 at 3:22 pm
      1. Thank you it was a long journey

Posted on April 19, 2015 at 9:24 am
  3. Hi Michelle,

I’m so glad you are seeing improvements. I have been battling a similar eczema to yours for a long time. I was wondering if you are still taking the Zinc. I think it might have been one of the things that help me before, after reading through your blog.

Posted on April 22, 2015 at 1:40 pm
    1. I am not taking it at the moment, but considering taking it again.

Posted on April 22, 2015 at 4:25 pm
  4. Hi. So happy I found your blog. Could you please give the dosage that you take daily on the probiotics and borage oil. Thank you!

Posted on May 1, 2015 at 11:55 pm
    1. Posted on May 2, 2015 at 12:21 pm
  5. I’m glad you are seeing improvement. What a long road you’ve had. Thanks for sharing.

Posted on May 3, 2015 at 12:10 am
  6. Hi! I have followed your eczema journey for a long time now. My 3 yr old has suffered with eczema since she was 1.5, so I am constantly searching for information and tips that might help her. We have identified a few food allergies, and her skin is improving now, but it was a long journey to get where we are today (and we are not out of the woods yet!). My heart goes out to you as you struggle with this painful and baffling affliction. I am so happy that you are on the path to healing. I know that eczema is very individual, and what works for some will not work for all, but I have been using a cream by Salkura called Bioskin Junior. It has helped immensely! I wanted to share with you just in case there is a chance that you might find some relief with it. I have to buy it off Amazon (and it is not cheap!) because the company is based in the UK and does not currently sell the Junior line to the US (we tried their other products but the Bioskin Junior worked better than anything). If you decide to try it I hope it helps you!!!! 🙂

Posted on June 1, 2015 at 7:40 am
  7. Eczema is so hard! I went through it with my son, who had a severe case. We’ve tried everything as well and what we’ve seen is that it’s really so different for everyone. So that makes eczema so difficult to manage both physically and mentally as well. I’m sorry to hear about your struggles, but I’m thrilled to hear that you’re doing so well now! Congrats on finding some things that work so well for you!

Posted on June 4, 2015 at 7:09 pm
    1. Thank you Jennifer, I wish you and your son all the best too! HUGS

Posted on June 4, 2015 at 8:17 pm
  8. I’ve had eczema since birth (now I’m 35) and it sounds like you and I have had similar trials and Google fests! I so sympathize with constant trial and error. (not to mention every person who’s ever met someone with eczema telling you their favourite cream…)I had a terrible case of oral allergy syndrome last year with ragweed veggies as well. I think we use almost the same supplements, but wanted to know if you have tried quercetin for itching? My naturopath recommended it as an antihistamine alternative a couple of years ago, and I really like it!

Posted on June 5, 2015 at 8:48 pm
  9. Hi, I have been having eczema since young, i am now 27 years old. I have been on eczema diet and taking probiotics supplements for three months but things are not improving and my skin is still flaring up like usual. My skin is terribly itchy and red patches everywhere. Initially I was thinking that this might be the die off symptoms from my diet and probiotics, but right now I am not sure. Can die off lasts for months? When you took those supplements together with your diet, do you experience die-off symptoms where your skin condition would get worse before you actually got healed?

Posted on June 14, 2015 at 9:49 am
    1. Yes you skin can get worse before it heals. It happened to me. How long it will last is different person to person. Do you take vitamin D? borage oil? those are the two that helped my skin the most

Posted on June 14, 2015 at 5:46 pm
      1. Thank you for the reply. Yes. am taking vitamin D now but not borage oil. Things are staying the same for me, not improving but gladly not worsening. I found online that I might be having topical steroids syndrome which I am actively practicing right now. It’s been a month since I started. My skin really got worse but now entering a stage of stabilizing. Hope it will improve soon. Did you quit steroids too when you are healing? Have you ever used steroids before?

Posted on July 8, 2015 at 1:47 am
        1. Yes steroid withdrawal can be bad (I’ve read all types of stories), but keep going. I only used steroids for like 3 days so never was an issue for me.

Posted on July 8, 2015 at 10:31 am
  10. I’m glad I found your site! Pretty informative read. I’m so glad someone can document this skin issue day in day out, what works what doesn’t, pros cons and so forth! How’s your eczema as of now? Has your supplements change since you posted about them? I wanted to get photo therapy but couldn’t do it because the doctor I had was 2 hours away so therefore during desperate times I ended up going to a tanning salon and getting Red Light Therapy. I only went once and now I have lots of hypo-pigmentation but most of my eczema on my leg went away causing the pigmentation. Now I just have random red spots that I think more tending’ to….I’m looking forward to trying the Mayan Product on these patches. The fight continues on for me. Thanks for the courage. :).

Posted on August 21, 2015 at 8:00 pm
    1. My eczema is great. For the most part healed, I still experience minor breakouts. You can see more here http://purelytwins.com/category/eczema/ Don’t give up!

Posted on August 22, 2015 at 9:41 pm
  11. In your prescriptions, can you share your dosage and instructions for taking during the 30 days. Was it daily, weekly, etc

Posted on December 27, 2015 at 1:29 am
    1. Well my 2 prescriptions were based upon what my doctor wanted me to do. I took one pill for 30 days. Followed by the second bottle for another 60 days.

Posted on December 27, 2015 at 7:25 am
  12. Are things that are helpful for eczema also helpful for psoriasis?

Posted on January 25, 2016 at 12:24 pm
    1. I would think the similar supplements would help psoriasis too. I am not as familiar with that as much.

Posted on January 26, 2016 at 6:40 pm
  13. Hi guys. I emailed you regarding the supplements. Do you take them all in the morning or all of them separate? I have so many supplements to take and my arsenal is about the same as your list.

Posted on February 23, 2016 at 2:54 pm
    1. I take all my supplements in the morning. My doctor told me whatever way I remember to take them.

Posted on February 23, 2016 at 7:09 pm