Raw layered chocolate cookie dough cake filled with healthy fats.
Thank you for all the birthday wishes for our birthday the other day. You know how to make us feel so loved. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
We are dessert lovers. Chocolate lovers. Cookie dough lovers. Coconut lovers. So we knew we wanted to create the ultimate birthday cake for us to celebrate our big day.
When designing this cake we wanted it to be raw. Why? Because we love raw desserts. And raw desserts are quick and super easy to make.
We knew we also wanted the cake to have cookie dough somehow incorporated as we adore it. Cookie dough is one of those treats that will forever make us happy and bring out the child in us. We can remember to this day how we would beg our mom to let us eat the raw cookie dough when making cookies.
Ultimate flourless raw chocolate cookie dough cake topped with dairy-free whipped cream
Share this delicious raw cake with your loved ones.
Why are we calling it a messy raw cake?
Because it turned out to be a little messier to eat than we were expecting.
Even though it was messy it was out-of-this-world amazing.
Gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, soy-free, low sugar chocolate cookie dough cake with coconut whipped cream
Raw chocolate cake layered with raw cookie dough dip, chocolate fudge and coconut cream to make a killer birthday cake!
We took our favorite cookie dough dip to be our creamy layers mixed in with a super easy low sugar chocolate cake.
And to top it all off we made a creamy coconut whipped cream for the topping. OMG. We didn’t add in any additional sweetness to our whipped cream but you can add in some stevia or sweetener of choice if you desire. We felt when you take a bite of all the layers together there is enough sweetness.
All the flavors and textures fused together perfectly. We were drooling over our birthday cake. Now you can too.
This cake is absurd. No really. It is. Make it and you’ll see.
How can you go wrong?
And the sprinkles on top of course are optional. But how can you have a birthday celebration cake without sprinkles??Print
ultimate raw chocolate cookie dough cake
Only word for it! Perfection. Absolutely dying over this raw cake. You are warned that you’ll probably have a problem wanting to devour this entire cake by yourself. We sure did. A little piece of heaven. A super easy yet impressive raw chocolate cookie dough cake that is gluten-free grain-free dairy-free soy-free and low in sugar.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: one 6inch cake 1x
Raw chocolate cake
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds (2 1/2oz)
- 1 cup sunflower seed meal ( 4 3/4oz) *made from ground sunflower seeds
- 1 1/4 cup coconut flakes (5oz)
- 1 cup raw cacao powder (4oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid stevia
- 4–6 tablespoons coconut milk, full fat
Raw cookie dough layer – double recipe
Raw quick chocolate fudge – double recipe
Coconut whipped cream
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk, chilled
- **see directions below how to make this whipped cream
Optional topping_- sprinkles
- First make the chocolate cake.
- Place all chocolate cake ingredients into a food processor.
- Pulse until combined.
- Take cake batter and divide into 3 mini cakes. You can weigh out cakes to be more exact if desired.
- Place one serving of the cake and mold into a 6 inch cake pan. Set in freezer for a 1-2 hours. Remove from cake pan. Set aside.
- Repeat this until all 3 cake layers are molded into a 6 inch circle.
- Once all done set aside and begin to make cookie dough dip. You will be doubling the original recipe.
- When chocolate cakes are firm to the touch remove from fridge and carefully pop out.
- Place one of the chocolate cake layers down on a plate.
- Next top with about half of the cookie dough dip. Spread on top of chocolate cake layer.
- Next top that layer with another chocolate layer.
- Next top that cake layer with the other half of the cookie dough dip.
- Next top the cake with the last chocolate cake layer.
- Then make your chocolate fudge recipe. You will need to double the original recipe.
- Once fudge is made spread onto the chocolate cake layer.
- End with topping the whole cake with coconut whipped cream.
To make coconut whipped cream.
- Set a full fat coconut milk can in the refrigerator overnight.
- Next day flip can upside down and open can.
- Pour out the liquid in a cup.
- Spoon out chilled coconut cream into a large bowl.
- Beat coconut cream for a few minutes.
- Spread whipped cream on top of the whole cake.
- Set chocolate layer cake in refrigerator and let set for about 3-4 hours.
- Remove from fridge. Let sit out for about 5 minutes before slicing.
- Slice into 8 large slices.
- Serving Size: makes 8 slices
A little piece of chocolate + cookie dough heaven mashed together in a cake.
Cookie dough fan?
What’s better: brownies or cookies?