A healthy recipe for a gluten-free, low-sugar dessert pizza.
Last week we got you hooked on pizza for breakfast now it’s time for pizza for dessert!! Why not?! 🙂
And you probably realize that our dessert pizza is not your average recipe. We kept the recipe clean.
Clean? Yes! Clean in the sense it is homemade and made from mostly real ingredients, except of course chocolate chips. Those are for fun.
We knew we wanted to create a fun pizza recipe that was sweet but not too sweet for you to enjoy. You deserve a little something sweet after a long day of work, right?
We went back and forth a few times on what exactly we wanted to do with our idea of a dessert pizza. We kept changing our minds on flavors…toppings…etc. Finally, we came to a conclusion – a chocolate dessert granola pizza with a rich velvety cream! Yes, we put granola on our pizza. Why? Because we wanted that little crunch and texture.
We are calling this a dessert pizza, but honestly you can enjoy it for breakfast. A great reason to have chocolate in the morning.
A real food low-sugar dessert pizza recipe. Made without gluten and grains.
Come enjoy pizza for dessert with us!
Click here to watch on youtube.
End your day with this dessert pizza!
Pizza for every meal of the day!!!
“Pizza” all day. Yes please.
Our niece Joy would love this as she LOVES pizza.
Think we should start this as a trend! What do you think?
Will you join us? Pizza all day long.
How to make gluten-free grain-free low-sugar pizza to have for dessert!
Move over chocolate brownies…
chocolate chip cookies…
and hello dessert pizza.
Haha! Who are we kidding? We still need our brownies and cookies. We are the Purely Twins aka dessert lovers.
But it is nice to have a different option 😉
This was our first time making our beloved plantain bread – chocolate. It has been something we’ve always wanted to do. Finally got around to doing it! Why did we wait so long?!?
The crust is soft with a rich, creamy cashew frosting that melts in your mouth followed by an explosion of different flavors and toppings. We’re getting hungry just thinking about this treat!
If you aren’t a fan of granola on top of your pizza… shame on you… Just kidding! Like most of our recipes you can top this chocolate pizza crust with any of your favorite toppings or sauces.
Make the crust out of our parsnip bread and omit the chocolate chips and use raw cacao nibs and omit the sweetener in the cashew cream and up the vanilla. #winwinPrint
Healthy dessert pizza recipe (gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, low sugar)
A healthy and fun dessert recipe. Gluten-free grain-free dairy-free low sugar dessert pizza made with a plantain crust and topped with avocado cream and sugar-free pumpkin granola. Can be made 21 day sugar detox approved using parsnips and omitting sweetener in cashew cream.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
Chocolate pizza crust
- 1 large plantain (7oz or 200g after being peeled)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2/3 cup cashews (soaked and rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1–2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (full fat)
- few drops stevia or 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup (sweeten to taste)
- Chocolate chips or raw cacao nibs
- Raw unsweetened coconut flakes
- Low sugar pumpkin grain-free granola recipe
- First make the chocolate crust.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel plantain.
- Place plantain, eggs, coconut oil and sea salt in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Lightly grease an 8-9″ pan with coconut oil. Pour chocolate crust batter into pan.
- Bake 12-14 minutes in oven. Remove and let cool before removing crust from pan.
- Next make cashew cream.
- Soak and rinse cashews.
- Place cashews, coconut oil, vanilla, coconut milk and sweetener of choice into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Begin to build pizza. Gather toppings of choice.
- Spoon cashew cream over chocolate crust.
- Sprinkle with whatever toppings you desire.
- Slice and enjoy.
- Serving Size: serves 2 - 3
Looking for stevia sweetened chocolate chips, check out Lilys Sweets.
Now sit back, put your feet up, pour yourself a glass of wine or
spiked hot cocoa and enjoy a slice or two. You deserve it!
Are you a fan of dessert pizza?
What would you top your dessert pizza with?