Cinnamon rolls what? Cookie dough what? Together?
Ever since seeing the talented Jessica make hers we bookmarked it for us to remake our own version of it one day. Well folks that day has finally come!! Eek!!
We are super excited to FINALLY share this recipe with you. Promise it’s worth the wait!
Cookie dough filled cinnamon rolls with cookie dough frosting that are gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, low sugar and yeast-free!
Yes free of all those and still taste scrumptious!
Cancel everything you’ve got planned today 😉
Oh cinnamon buns we adore you! Love you even more with raw cookie dough inside.
We cut ourselves nice thick hearty slices. Oh yea! Dense, soft crumb, melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness.
We practiced this recipe a few times. We had to get the recipe just right. You know?
Though, what could possibly go wrong with cookie dough cinnamon rolls you may thinking? Well, first off we wanted the dough to be rollable and easy to work with. Second, we wanted them to contain no yeast. Mainly because we are impatient. Okay really impatient. And we wanted to reduce the amount of sugar in them. Keeping them egg-free was a challenge. But we did it!
This post really doesn’t need many words. We think the pictures will tell YOU just how amazing, gooey and heavenly they are!
Everything we wanted in our yeast-free, gluten-free, egg-free cinnamon rolls and MORE! So much MORE! With the filling being our quick 5 minute cookie dough dip – makes it even more amazing.
Stir. Roll. Fill. Cut. Bake.
They were perfect to roll and cut. Easy. Just what we were looking for.
Until…what would we bake them in?
Both of us looked at each other not knowing what to do. Classic PT baking moment.
After some debate we decided on a 6 inch cake pan. Well, we used a 6 inch springform pan. So it was easy for us to get them out 😉 Oh and how good do those look even before baking?!
We patiently waited about 35 minutes later until these beauties were done! Tried our best to distract ourselves while they baked. It was hard. Really hard.
They smelled a-m-a-z-i-n-g!
Could it get any better?
As they taste unbelievable! Trust us. You will be thanking us later.
Now you don’t have to fill these cinnamon rolls with cookie dough. It’s optional. But really …when is raw cookie dough ever optional! Let’s be serious.
Are you ready for the recipe? Bet you are. Probably drooling? It’s ok, we are too! Just like our chocolate pistachio donuts smelling amazing, these cinnamon buns you can smell miles away. Okay not miles, but really the aroma was out-of-this-world!
CLICK TO TWEET: Cookie dough cinnamon rolls #gf #eggfree recipe
Gluten-free, egg-free, yeast-free low sugar cinnamon rolls filled with raw cookie dough!Print
ultimate cookie dough filled cinnamon rolls with cookie dough frosting
Gluten-free vegan low sugar yeast-free homemade cinnamon rolls filled with raw cookie dough and made from plantains.
- 1 medium size yellowish plantain (6 1/2oz after being peeled)
- 1 cup gluten-free flour blend (4oz or 113g) (note* our flour blend is a mix of coconut flour, arrowroot starch, and brown rice protein powder)
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce or banana puree (4oz)
- 1/4 cup liquid,coconut oil (2oz)
- 6 tablespoons coconut milk buttermilk (3oz)
- 6–7 tablespoons arrowroot starch for rolling
- one recipe of our raw cookie dough dip
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- as much leftover raw cookie dough dip as you want
- – we added in 1 tablespoon maple syrup to about 3-4 tablespoons of cookie dough dip for our glaze.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel plantain.
- Place plantain in food processor with applesauce (or banana puree). Blend.
- In a large bowl, place gluten free flour blend along with baking powder, baking soda, coconut sugar and vanilla. Stir.
- Add in plantain and applesauce puree (or banana puree) to dry ingredients.
- Add in coconut oil. Stir.
- End with adding in coconut buttermilk. Stir until combined. (to make coconut milk buttermilk, take 1 cup of coconut milk with 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, let sit 10 minutes)
- Sprinkle 2-3 tablespoons arrowroot starch down on surface.
- Place dough on top. Begin to knead.
- Continue to add in more arrowroot until batter holds together nicely. Usually about 6 tablespoons.
- Grab rolling pin and begin to roll dough out.
- Next make the raw cookie dough dip. Follow these directions.
- Scoop a few scoops out of cookie dough dip on top of rolled dough. Spread thinly over entire dough.
- In small bowl make cinnamon sugar mixture (1 teaspoon cinnamon with 3 tablespoons coconut sugar). Sprinkle on top of raw cookie dough spread.
- Carefully begin to roll the cinnamon roll into a long log shape.
- Cut into desired sizes. We got 6 large rolls. You could get 8 rolls.
- Place in 6 inch pan.
- Place in oven and let bake for about 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Let cool slightly before topping with more raw cookie dough to be the glaze on top.
- Enjoy warm.
Can use any gluten-free flour blend of your liking.
If you can’t do plantains replace them another cup of gluten-free flour or almond meal. Note you might have to adjust more or less buttermilk.
We did 1/4 cup coconut sugar in the batter and they came out, but we reduced to 2 tablespoons and still had success.
Also made it with 5 1/4oz plantain and they still came out.
*** Our GF blend contains coconut flour. So if yours does not you may need to adjust buttermilk in recipe as coconut flour absorbs liquid!!!
Now do yourself and your family a favor and make these….
Right now. Drop everything and go. Okay don’t drop everything, especially if you have something in your hands. But you know what we mean. Pure heavenly bliss on a plate! You’ve been warned!
This was our first time making cinnamon buns here on the blog… and it won’t be the last! We promise that.
Do you like cinnamon rolls? What about cookie dough filled cinnamon rolls?
Share your purely thoughts below.