Simple recipe for making egg-free homemade wrap made from chia seeds and plantain.
Yesterday we blocked off a little bit of time to do some food prepping for me for when I go into labor. Being bakers at heart it was the perfect day as we got to be in the kitchen for a
few many hours. We love any opportunity to get the kitchen completely messy. We made some delicious goodies that we both cannot wait to eat! Now the only thing we needed was some Christmas carols to go along with all the baking?!? A little early for that I suppose? 😉
5 ingredient wrap recipe that is egg-less, grain-free and gluten-free with video tutorial.
We will share a little secret… this recipe was kind of a mistake that turned into a delicious wrap.
The original plan was to make a new cereal recipe but got a soft bread instead, which got us thinking, this could be a wrap if we tweak it a little. After some thought on what to try next we decided on using a chia gel and it worked! The chia gel is what makes the wrap rollable.
Easy healthy protein and fiber packed vegan, grain-free wrap.
A healthy wrap alternative to the store bought wraps that are filled with preservatives and food additives.Print
5 ingredient chia seed protein egg-less wrap recipe + video tutorial
Healthy 5 ingredient protein wrap that is filled with fiber. Egg-free gluten-free grain-free hemp protein chia seed wrap. Can be made sweet or savory.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 large green/yellow plantain (7oz after being peeled)
- 1/4 cup hemp protein (or protein powder of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 12 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make chia gel first by taking the 1/4 cup chia seeds in a bowl and add the 12 tablespoons water to it. Let it sit for a good 10 minutes to create a gel-like texture.
- Peel your plantain.
- Gather the remaining ingredients.
- Place plantain, hemp protein, baking soda and baking powder into a Vitamix blender or food processor.
- Next add in chia seed gel.
- Blend all ingredients together until it is well combined.
- Pour mixture onto a large cookie sheet and spread mixture. You want the mixture to be as thin as you can get it.
- Bake wrap for about 20-25 minutes or until firm to touch. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cut into desired sizes for wraps and fill wrap with any toppings.
- Serving Size: serves 2-3
You could try using flax seeds over chia seeds to create your gel. Note we have not tried that yet so we are unsure of how it would come out. Also you can use any protein powder of your liking.
And for the plantain substitute–that is a hard one. You could try using a green unripe banana for it.
We hope you enjoyed making our 5 ingredient chia seed protein wrap with us today!