No sugar, gluten-free, egg-free, grain-free chocolate oreo cake with dairy-free frosting.
We grew up cookie girls. We grew up dessert girls. We get that from our mom and grandpa.
Oreo cookies were one of our favorite cookies growing up.
We were not big fans of oreos dipped in milk. Instead, we adored them blended with ice cream or made into a cake. We were all over those kinds of oreo desserts.
Another big thing we liked doing with our oreos was separating the oreos and swiping the creamy filling with a pretzel. Ya we did that too.
Anyone else swipe the creamy filling of an oreo with a pretzel??
11 ingredient healthy sugar-free, egg-free, grain-free oreo cake
When we were younger we would ask our older sister when she was going to make us that famous oreo cake again.
If we weren’t begging her to make us mint chocolate chip cookie sandwiches or homemade cinnamon rolls we were requesting oreo cake 🙂
The cake that she would make would always be perfect! Moist. Creamy. Heavenly. The ultimate to-die-for oreo filled cake!
Wasn’t oreo cake every child’s dream cake.
No? Yes? Just us?
Okay maybe not everyone’s dream. Maybe you dreamed of a cake that involved chocolate, some peanut butter thrown in and perhaps some candy then that would be a
mother’s worst nightmare dream cake! 😉
Now we are older and a little wiser with what we put in our mouths (most of the time).
We are excited to have an oreo cake inspired recipe we do not have to feel guilty about eating as it’s made from just 11 real ingredients.
Come see how easy it is to make this homemade gluten-free, sugar-free, vegan oreo cake
If you enjoyed this video please pass this around to your friends and family. Thank you!
Ready to dive in to make this cake yourself?
You’re just a few steps away from having this AMAZING, super delicious sugar-free rich chocolate OREO cake.
This recipe was inspired by our sugar-free yellow cake.
And being the chocolate lovers we are – we KNEW we needed a sugar-free chocolate cake recipe.
This recipe is easy to make, like many of our recipes, so no excuses not to make this simple chocolate cake. Promise you will be glad you did!
A secretly healthy sugar-free chocolate cake with a dairy-free frosting.
11 ingredients is all that is needed to make this rich fudgy brownie oreo cake with a creamy filling. You’re welcome!
The dairy-free cashew coconut frosting is from our purely classic recipe ebook cookbook. One of our favorites.
Here are some other great dairy-free frostings that are all pretty similar:
Note – The recipe listed below is for one 9 in cake.Print
Healthy Oreo Cake (grain, egg, and sugar free)
A healthy super delicious chocolate oreo cake. Gluten-free grain-free egg-free dairy-free and no sugar added chocolate cake with a cashew coconut frosting. A secretly healthy chocolate cake that you won’t feel guilty about eating!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: makes one layer (repeat again to make the second cake layer) 1x
ingredients for one cake layer
- 1 green-yellow plantain ( 8oz weighed raw, about 1 1/3 cups plantain cut into large cubes)
- 1/2 cup applesauce (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, liquid (2 oz)
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter (1 1/4 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 4 tablespoons protein powder (1 oz)
- 2/3 cup raw cacao powder (2 1/2oz)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and chop up plantains.
- Place 1/4 cup coconut oil, 2 tbsp coconut butter, 8 oz plantain and 1/2 cup applesauce into blender.
- Blend together.
- Next add in 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 4 tbsp protein powder and 2/3 cup cocoa powder.
- Blend until everything is well blended and smooth.
- Lightly grease a 9 in circle cake pan.
- Pour cake batter into pan.
- Set aside while you make the second layer.
- Make second cake layer. Repeat the previous steps.
- Pour into the second 9 in circle cake pan that has been greased.
- Bake in oven for about 25 minutes.
- Make frosting while cakes bake.
- Let cool in pans before removing.
- Carefully remove from pans.
- Spread the frosting on one of the cakes.
- Carefully top the second cake on top.
- Serving Size: serves 6 -8
And for substitutes:
For the plantains you can use a GREEN unripe banana.
For the protein powder we used hemp protein. You can use any protein powder just know it might change the flavor and texture.
For the coconut butter you can use any nut or seed butter.
Don’t forget to pin this so you can make cake over and over again.
Do you like oreos? What was your favorite way to eat them?
Do you like chocolate or vanilla cakes? Do you like the cake or the frosting better?
What recipe do you want to see us make next?
Enjoyed this recipe? It would mean so much to us if you would share it! Thank you!