Super cute baked donuts that serves two. Great to enjoy with your loved one this holiday season. Flourless Chocolate Protein Donuts with Cranberry Pistachio frosting recipe. If you love pistachios and cranberry’s this recipe is for you! Made in just 12 minutes!
Now that we are seeing signs of Christmas in the stores (and yes we even have started watching some Disney Christmas movies, shhh) we had to pick up a bag of cranberries because we just loved our cranberry coconut butter.
We knew our cranberry bliss bars are on the list to make this holiday season, but we needed something with chocolate. We know you enjoy chocolate for breakfast too 😉
We love chocolate pistachio together so why not add cranberries to the mix….right?
The recipe is easy on the tummy with the simple ingredients and pretty on the eyes with all the colors.
Gluten-free grain-free egg-free chocolate donut recipe topped with cranberry coconut butter and crushed pistachios
Let’s make this together..
We hope you enjoyed the video.
Make sure to share this gluten-free and grain-free protein chocolate donut recipe with your friends.
This donut recipe is perfect for a fun breakfast or even dessert.
Who are we kidding.
They are perfect anytime of the day!
These super cute donuts serve just two.
Perfect to enjoy with your loved one this holiday season.
How to make flourless gluten-free and grain-free donuts that are made from plantains, protein powder and coconut oil.
We love these donuts.
When we ate them for lunch the other day we said to each other how the texture and taste of the donuts reminded us of chocolate cupcakes.
The texture is so soft with a light, moist crumb.
The perfect balance of chocolate, sweetness with a little tart and crunch. So good! Trust us. All the flavors just blend perfectly together.Print
chocolate donuts with cranberry pistachios
Secretly healthy and fun breakfast option packed with protein. Who doesn’t love chocolate for breakfast. You could even enjoy this donut recipe for dessert! Click for following video on how to make these super easy donuts in your home. Gluten-free. Grain-free. Dairy-free. Egg-free and low in sugar!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 2 large donuts 1x
Plantain based chocolate donuts
- 3 1/2 oz plantains (100 grams)
- 4 tablespoons pea protein powder (We use the brand Perfect Fit)
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- few drops stevia (optional)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, liquid (1 oz)
- 3–4 tablespoons water
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- few drops stevia, to taste
- crushed pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and chop plantain.
- Place plantain into a blender.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until blended together.
- Grease donut pan and spoon batter into pan.
- Makes 2 large donuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once cooled dump donuts out of pan.
- Make frosting.
- To make frosting
- Place fresh cranberries, coconut butter and stevia into blender.
- Blend until smooth or desired texture. Adjust sweetness to taste.
- Spread cranberry coconut butter frosting onto cooled donuts.
- Top with crushed pistachio pieces.
- Serving Size: 1 donut
You can use any protein powder you would like or flour for the pea protein.
Let us know if you give it a try.
Do you like cranberry and/or pistachios?
Lori and Michelle