Staying fit and healthy during pregnancy is a concern for so many women. There are so many benefits of exercising during pregnancy both for the mom and baby. Exercising in the right way can help you to stay within the healthy weight-gain range, help you sleep better, have more energy, help with your recovery.
How to stay fit and healthy during pregnancy even if dealing with diastasis recti
Please share this video with your mom and mom-to-be friends.
I suffered from ab separation also known as diastasis recti after my first pregnancy and was able to get it less than 2 fingers width before getting pregnant with baby #2. During my second pregnancy I worked out differently.
If you were fit before getting pregnant you can keep doing what you were doing. Always check with your doctor to make sure what exercises you are doing are safe for you and your pregnancy!
There are a lot of great benefits for taking care of yourself while pregnant. Here I am highlighting some tips and benefits that really helped me. Focus on staying active, eating well, and nourishing your soul. Other great things are taking prenatal supplements and of course sleeping.
Tips for staying fit during pregnancy:
- Stay active. Don’t need a gym as you can stay in fit at home even during pregnancy.
- Keep core strong.
- Squat it out.
- Eat well. Focus on mostly real foods with some “fun” mixed in.
- Stay hydrated,
- Take care of our soul and mind. Focus on how you are thinking.
Benefits for staying active during pregnancy:
- Have more energy.
- Overall feel better.
- Less pregnancy aches and pains.
- Good for the baby.
- Less tummy issues like constipation.
- Helps improve lung capacity.
- Helps with delivery. Promotes shorter pushing stage during labor. Of course there are no guarantees, but staying active can give you more stamina for labor.
- Bounce back postpartum faster.
- Keeps weight gain reasonable.
- Better mood. Can help reduce prenatal depression.
There are several clear benefits related to taking regular exercise during pregnancy.
I am so grateful I was able to stay active during both my pregnancies. Even with having to be more mindful of how I moved and took care of my body due to having diastasis recti after first pregnancy I am so happy to have been able to stay active during it.
Lori (and Michelle)
Join our community:
Pinterest – purelytwins
Instagram – loriandmichelle
Youtube – purelytwins