How to make sugar-free marshmallows.
The recipe so many of you have been waiting for is finally here!
How to make ‘sugar-free’ vanilla marshmallows using gelatin and stevia.
We are seriously loving gelatin (beef grass-fed) in our diet. We feel it is really helping with our overall health and healing our gut. Being able to create a fun and gut-friendly healthy snack has been wonderful for us to enjoy all day long.
Sugar-free (stevia based) basic vanilla marshmallows
We call these sugar-free as we used liquid stevia. We know some people out there dislike stevia and that is ok. That is why we have maple syrup based marshmallows too. We love both sweeteners.
We use this gelatin (beef grass-fed based)
Love chocolate? Check out our sugar-free low calorie chocolate marshmallows recipe.
Sugar-free vanilla marshmallows (gluten-free, paleo)
How to make sugar-free marshmallows. Gluten-free. Paleo. No sugar marshmallow recipe. Homemade marshmallows that are sweetened with stevia.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: servies 1 - 2 1x
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 tsp liquid stevia
- 3 tablespoons gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean (optional we used it for the little specs of vanilla bean in marshmallows)
- Place the 3 tbsp of gelatin into the bowl of a stand mixer along with 1/2 cup water.
- Mix together. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Have the whisk attachment standing by. **you could use a hand mixer for this
- Next step you can do in a small saucepan. Heat up 1/2 cup water over medium high heat or heat up the 1/2 cup water in the microwave. Basically you are looking for just about boiling water.
- Begin to heat the water. Once the water reaches just about boiling temperature immediately remove from the heat.
- Turn the mixer on low speed and, while running, slowly pour the hot water down the side of the bowl into the gelatin mixture.
- Once you have added all of the water, add in vanilla extract and vanilla bean powder and liquid stevia and increase the speed to medium-high.
- Beat at medium-high for 1-2 minutes then increase speed to high.
- Continue to whip until the mixture becomes slightly thick, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- While the mixture is whipping prepare the pans as follows.
- We used a bread loaf pan. You can use anything you like. Lightly grease your pan with some coconut oil (which is what we do). You could put down wax paper instead if you wanted.
- Once your marshmallow mixture is starting to look like it has some body to it (almost forming peaks), pour the mixture into the prepared pan, using a spatula for spreading.
- Allow the marshmallows to sit uncovered for a few hours.
- Once marshmallows have set for a few hours you can start to cut into desired shapes using a sharp knife.
- Store in an airtight container.
- We store our sugar-free marshmallows in the refrigerator.
- ** for those that do not want to use gelatin – you can try agar agar – 3/4 tsp – 1 tsp
A simple recipe to make homemade marshmallows that are sweetened with stevia.
We have made different versions of a low sugar marshmallow a few times and this is the one recipe we keep going back to as we feel they turn out pretty darn good for sugar-free marshmallows!
They are sweet, soft, light and fluffy with a good spongy texture. Now it is a little different in texture compared to our marshmallows made with maple syrup as the maple syrup help provides an even more soft and spongy texture.
We are pleased with this stevia based marshmallow recipe and we think you will too!
til next time,