soft batch chocolate chip cookie recipe (egg-free, grain-free, gluten-free)

Hey luvs,

Not only did we have a fabulous weekend full of yummy cupcakes and desserts. But we have a super delicious cookie recipe for you!

Are you ready? Who else loves soft-batch cookies?

Growing up it was a favorite store bought cookie of ours. Now today we have a homemade recipe for our beloved soft batch cookies.

Soft batch chocolate chip cookie recipe that is gluten-free, egg-free, grain-free and soy-free.

Not sure what it was about those cookies but all doing high school we were obsessed. At volleyball camps we would always have those with us. Our best friend Alyson can attest to that as she loved them too.

Now these cookies we are sharing today are soft. They are our mock version of the soft batch chocolate chip cookies that we grew up loving.

soft batch plantain cookiesSeriously the best soft cookies ever, right here.

These mock soft batch cookies are upgraded.

Upgraded to meet our current palate needs. No white flour… but plantains…yes. No white sugar…but plantains and coconut sugar as sweetness…yes.  No fake butter….but a mix of coconut oil and ghee…yes.

plantain chocolate chip grain free cookies

We were screaming with excitement when these cookies came out of the oven.

How warm and soft these chocolate chip cookies were, just perfect! Melt-in-your-mouth.

Can’t stop after one cookie. Nope. Need a few :)

soft batch chocolate chip grain free cookies

Friends now here are some soft batch chocolate chip cookies that are homemade. Made with extra love :)

With our upgraded ingredients we find these cookies to be the perfect soft, cake-like, yet dense cookie. Ready to get to baking? Hope so!

chocolate chip soft batch gluten free cookies

Here is our recipe for our newest cookie love.

And yes they are made from plantains if you were wondering. We are the #plantainqueens after all. It would be just wrong if we were not to create a cookie recipe with plantains in them. Plus we have to keep adding to our plantain love recipe collection.

There is no denying how much we love cookies and plantains. And putting them together…marvelous!

Phenomenal grain-free and egg-free cookies if we say so ourselves.

soft batch chocolate chip cookie recipe (egg-free, grain-free, gluten-free)

Yield: makes about 14-16 cookies

soft batch chocolate chip cookie recipe (egg-free, grain-free, gluten-free)

A healthy version of soft baked chocolate chip cookies using plantains and coconut sugar. Egg and grain free chocolate chip cookie recipe.

• 1 ripe plantain (black/brown/yellow) - about a medium to large -7 oz peeled
  • 2 tablespoon arrowroot
  • 2 tablespoon coconut flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 3 tablespoon coconut sugar (or regular sugar)
  • 2 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee (if using coconut oil, use more semi-solid)
  • 2-3 tablespoon chocolate chips

1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Peel plantain. Roughly chop and then puree in blender. Then add in remaining ingredients except chocolate chips. Blend until batter is combined and smooth. Pour into a large bowl and stir in chocolate chips.
  2. Scoop cookies onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and press cookies down. Makes about 14-16 cookies. Bakes 10-12 minutes.

Do yourself a favor and make yourself these soft batch plantain chocolate chip cookies.

Promise they will be worth it!

till next time,

1. Lola C. says

Oh yay!! I just found plaintains at the market and your blog inspired me to picked up a couple. I have never experimented with plantains before. How do you know when they are ripe?

2. says

Oooh exciting! Another egg free recipe! I love these, they look absolutely amazing!
    And I’m not even the biggest cookie fan. The best thing about egg free cookies, is being able to eat the raw batter;) Sometimes I like that even better than the cookies themselves.
    Lisa recently posted..5 Ways To Have A Wonderful WeekendMy Profile

3. sarah says

So are you guys just trying to create a plantain version of ALL THE FOODS, lol…I wonder what’s next ( plantain english muffin perhaps?)?
    Hehee, I love it. I actually tried my very 1st plantain because of you. And now? I’m hooked.
    I’ve been making plantain bread with egg whites and coconut flour, then spreading it THICKLY ( I like to douse my food in coconut oil, it’s just too delicious) with coconut oil & a sprinkling of cinnamon, pink himalayan sea salt & truvia. Umm best.snack.ever.

These cookies look perfect!

4. Millie says

I just made these…I used 1/2 a banana that I mashed instead of sugar and raisins instead of chocolate chips. So yummy…the four year old I work with loves them too! Thanks for a great recipe…like always.

5. Sandra says

Could I use 2 tablespoon of cornstarch instead of arrowroot? And for the hemp protein what brand do u use is it a powder? I use sun warrior would that work? Thank you here from u soon :) <3 luv ya girls!

• purelytwins says

Yes can use cornstarch and for the hemp protein we like Nutiva’s brand. You can try sunwarrior brown rice, it may result in a different flavor and texture for the cookies.

6. says

Okay, you guys. THESE. ARE. BRILLIANT. And oh, so delicious! These just came out of the oven and are currently being eaten by me like there’s no tomorrow. The texture is perfect! I don’t have the best blender, so there ended up being chunks left in the batter (even though I though it looked fully pureed), but that ended up being one of my favorite parts! Pillowy plantain chunks in my chocolate chip cookies…YUM!

7. says

girls, i have been following your blog for a few months and love it. i have also been eating lots of plantains (i added some to my adzuki and kimchi stir-fry) lately. i just made a batch of these cookies. i started with 1. then 2…and now i cannot quit eating. and they are full of great ingredients, so i don’t feel bad about eating an extra 1 or 2 ;). this recipe is SO SO good. great job.

• purelytwins says

awesome Jen so happy to hear it :) thank you for the sweet words!! so happy you are loving our cookies – oh yes we eat the whole batch they are soo good :)

8. Cassandra says

Just made the egg-free, grain-free ones and they are awesome! Thanks for introducing me to new ways to eat plantains! :)

9. Marisa says

You two really are the realness! These cookies were easy to make and were DEVOURED in a matter in 3 minutes…by my meat eating, health food despising partner…I didn’t even have the heart to tell him that these consisted mainly of plantains(which you have officially hooked me on)! I also replaced the plantain with banana when I was short a plantain and they turned out AMAZINGLY! THANK YOU!

10. Carmen says

Lovely recipe. Do you think these would work if I substituted more arrowroot flour instead of the coconut flour?

11. Lauren says

Yay!!! I have tried lots of grain-free dairy-free egg-free baked goods with little success. These were delicious! Definitely will be making these many more times!
    Also, I subbed honey for the coconut sugar and it worked fine.

12. Jessie says

Have you ever worked with plantain flour? Would they taste the same if used instead of actual plantain?

13. Molly says

Hello! If I used Plantain Flour instead, do you happen to know how much flour to use and how many eggs (or water) for moisture?