No bake grasshopper pie. Creamy and refreshing minty cheesecake. Fantastic flavors that come together in one incredible raw dessert! A healthy summer dessert made from real foods.
We are super excited to be sharing this no bake dessert with you. We love making raw desserts! We love how simple and satisfying they are.
We’ve always wanted to make ourselves another grasshopper pie (we’ve been meaning to do an updated one from the first time we made it). We adore the look of grasshopper pies but don’t like using food dyes. And this time around we wanted to make it slightly different.
We are so grateful for being able to get in the kitchen and do some recipe testing. We get so excited when we come up with an idea to share with you that’s super easy to make and good for you too! Happy dance.
Gluten-free, grain-free, egg-free, dairy-free creamy grasshopper cheesecake pie recipe
Share this treat with your grasshopper pie loving friends!
Mint and chocolate combine beautifully in this rich and creamy grasshopper cheesecake pie.
Now this just might be our favorite way to enjoy our love of mint and chocolate together.
Even though we didn’t make the traditional grasshopper pie with the creme de menthe liqueur this pie is still divine. A grasshopper cheesecake pie that’s so dreamy, scrumptious, delicious, minty and chocolately.
Mint chocolate grasshopper cheesecake pie. Paleo. Raw vegan.
If you’re a fan of grasshopper pie but looking for something a little healthier this dessert recipe is for you.
We hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
This grasshopper pie is gluten-free, grain-free, raw, vegan, paleo, refined sugar-free and no food dyes here either.
Yep, no food dyes. We used avocado to be our “green”. Plus it is super good-for-you too! And no one has to know that it’s non-dairy.
We were in heaven when eating this pie. It was absolutely AMAZING!Print
grasshopper cheesecake pie
Rich, creamy, refreshing non-dairy mint cheesecake. Green food dye free grasshopper pie that is a crowd pleaser. Everyone will be loving this simple and healthy no bake dessert. Made from avocados giving it a soft green color. Packed with healthy fats to keep you full and satisfied.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: makes one 6 inch cake (6-8 slices) 1x
- 1 1/2 cups of pumpkin seeds (can use any nut or seed)
- 1 3/4 cups coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup tigernut flour (can use almond flour)
- 1 1/2 cups raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1–2 avocados (need 7oz of avocado flesh)
- 7oz of coconut cream (thick part from coconut milk)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut butter (4 1/2oz)
- 5 drops of peppermint essential oil or 1–2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- Place pumpkin seeds into blender and grind into flour.
- Then place remaining crust ingredients into a food processor.
- Mix until combined.
- Press crust into 6 inch pan.
- Continue pressing crust into pan. Form a crust on the bottom and up on the sides of pan.
- Set aside.
Next, make filling.
- In a Vitamix blender or blender of choice, place all filling ingredients into blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- For peppermint flavor, adjust to personal preference.
- Pour filling into 6 inch cake pan.
- Set in freezer to set for a few hours or to firm to touch.
- Let sit out to thaw a little then slice and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
You could add in 1/4 tsp of spirulina for more green color.
Since we use avocado in this pie, it will brown up some. We recommend eating within 2-3 days or freezing for longer shelf life. If freezing it, let it come to room temperature some before taking a bite.
We can’t wait for you to give it a taste.
This pie is:
Minty and a little chocolately.
A little sweet.
Oh so heavenly!
We hope you enjoy! Let us know if you give it a try. Make sure to tag #purelytwins on Instagram or leave a comment. We love seeing your creations!
Are you a grasshopper pie fan?
More fun sweet treats for you to browse: