{raw} mini triple chocolate cream cake recipe

hello luvs!

finally Friday! we have some special visitors coming to visit us this weekend!

to get the weekend started off right we are sharing another favorite raw dessert of ours that we have made before and did a video of Lori making it about 2 years ago. and one dessert we already practiced and shared with friends. also made this chocolate creamy cake over the holidays! just cannot get enough of it.

and this dessert we plan on making for Lori’s dessert bar at her wedding!

raw chocolate cheesecake recipe

when thinking of a special Valentine’s Day recipe this chocolate dessert recipe came to our mind.

we wanted something chocolate…very chocolately. something smooth and delectable with every bite.

raw cocoa cream cake

raw triple chocolate cream cake ( raw cheesecake if you will)

more chocolate the better right? we agree.

we call it a cream cake instead of cheesecake. we like to give it a different name since it is technically not like a traditional cheesecake. but feel free to call it a cheesecake.

dairy free vegan chocolate cheesekcake

the crust is made up of pecan flour. we just took whole pecans and place them into food processor (blender would work too) and pulsed till we had a flour like texture. again you can use any nut of your liking but pecans are fatter so they provide a nice buttery like crust.

for the filling part cashews work the best. as they get very smooth and creamy. to make the filling is best done in a high powered blender like a Vita-mix. you want to make sure all the cashews are well blended. no one wants chunky cheesecake. or maybe some do. either way the blender does best.

raw vegan cocoa cake

now we are warning you when you make this filling it is very hard not to eat it all with a spoon. we struggled with this part. it is just too damn good not to eat along the way.

raw gluten-free grain-free triple chocolate cheesecake with a pecan crust

best chocolate cheesecake recipe

even though this triple chocolate cream cake is free of many common allergies promise it is just as satisfying and mouthwatering as any other cheesecake recipe out there

{raw} mini triple chocolate cream cake recipe

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Yield: 12 mini cheesecakes or one large 8 or 9 inch cake

{raw} mini triple chocolate cream cake recipe

A rich dairy-free raw vegan chocolate cheesecake that will melt in your mouth! Naturally gluten and grain-free. Paleo. This chocolate cream cake is loved by everyone!

pecan chocolate crust:
  • 1 cup pecan meal (just ground up pecans, can use any nut meal of liking)
  • 3-4 medjool dates (or 2-3 tbsp maple syrup)
  • 1/2 cup cacao powder (cocoa powder)
  • pinch sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • chocolate filling:
  • 2 cups cashew, pieces
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil, liquid
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup ( or honey or coconut nectar)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 3/4 cup raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
  • Chocolate sauce
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil (liquid)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tbsp maple (or stevia)
  • 5 tbsp cocoa powder

crust directions:
  1. place all ingredients into a food processor (can do in a blender) and pulse till combined. you want the crust to slightly stick together.
  2. grab your mini cheesecake pan and scoop your pecan chocolate crust into your pan. press down with fingers to firmly place the crust into pan.
  3. set aside as you make your filling.
  4. filling directions:
  5. soak cashews (or macadamia nuts) for about 10- 15 minutes (optional) then rinse well. place cashews into blender with maple syrup, vanilla, and water. blend for a little bit to get it creamy.
  6. next add in your cacao powder and coconut oil. blend till creamy. you may have to scrape down the sides a few times. just keep blending till it is nice and smooth.
  7. **we like our chocolate cream cake on the rich chocolate not too sweet side, you may add in a little bit more sweetness if desired
  8. once chocolate filling is blended begin scooping your filling into your mini cheesecake pans. fill them to the top. set the chocolate cream cakes into your freezer to set for a few hours before removing from pan.
  9. filling directions
  10. place everything into a bowl and stir until well combined. sweeten to taste!
  11. top cheesecakes with chocolate sauce.
  12. pecans add great to add too.

we love making this raw chocolate cream cake as mini cakes because they are the perfect individual serving!

and just so cute…love mini things.

healthy chocolate cheesecake recipe

decorate your tasty raw mini triple chocolate cream cake any way you would like.

then devour.

valentine chocolate dessert

this is a great chocolate cheesecake recipe that will sure impress your friends, family, or your special loved one for valentines day! promise they won’t believe it is raw and actually good for them.

need a sugar-free recipe? we share how to make this recipe with stevia in our purely classic cookbook!

till next time, now who is coming over for some dessert?

1. says

OMG! Chocolate – sign me up!!! I will have to make these, they’re so gorgeous. Will be perfect at Lori’s wedding. Hoping to make your cookie cake this weekend for girls night xo
    Heathy recently posted..Mini Donuts!My Profile

2. Tamikko says

Oh yum! drool drool… thank you so much for this recipe. Cheesecake has always been my favourite dessert and I have yet to try this, really can’t wait to make it :)

3. Gina says

These look amazing–can’t wait to make them! Lori & Michelle, I have tried quite a few of your recipes and they have all turned out amazingly well. Thank you for sharing your delicious recipes! Love your blog.

4. says

holy shizz! these are classy! where do you come up with this stuff seriously!? wow this will be a perfect wedding dessert for sure :) i know the food will be amazing at lori’s wedding!! i’m also really surprised that something this sophisticated looking has relatively simple ingredients! way to go girls! x
    the delicate place recently posted..frugal feastingMy Profile

5. says

I have been eying these in your header for weeks and kept thinking I wanted to ask you what the heck they were!

So simple, so delectable, so mouth watering.

I am definitely making these. I appreciate how there aren’t many ingredients, and all things that aere affordable and in my kitchen right now! Except the pecans, or I would be making these today!

Thank you!
    Laury @thefitnessdish recently posted..10 Tips On Becoming A “Popular” Healthy Living BlogMy Profile

6. Jessica says

I made this for my Dad’s birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! (Including me :)) Thanks for the delicious recipe!

7. Aasya says

Hey, I really wanna try these out, they look sooooo good!!! But I’m worried about them tasting different since they won’t have eggs, and I’m not a vegan. Can you tell me what ingredient I can substitute with eggs? Please :)
    PS. I want to make these when my dad comes on the 26th, so I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me before then!

Smiles! :)

• says

Aasya, I am not really sure what to substitute for eggs. As this recipe is made to be unbaked. If you add eggs you will have to bake it. This recipe is really good even for non-vegans. Sorry we will not be able to help with making it with eggs as it is best as is. Sorry.

• says

Archana well for raw desserts you are not cooking the oil, which is why coconut oil works the best as it gets solid when cold. So the desserts stays together. The only other option is cacao butter.

8. AMBER says

i just made this and its mind blowing good im impressed it came out of my kitchen :) thanks for the amazing recipe

9. Tawsha Simon says

Can you substitute anything for the cashews? I read a similar recipe where the author used garbanzo beans, but I don’t know how that would work out for this. Great site by the way! I have 10+ food allergies so your recipes are really helpful!

• says

Tawsha you can use macadamia nuts or even almonds. not sure about garbanzo beans, but you could give it a try I guess. just cashews help provide the creaminess. if you eat soy, tofu should work too. hope this helps.

10. Ronn says

I hope this isn’t one of those “stupid questions”, but approximately how many whole pecans will it take to make 1 cup of pecan meal?

My family and I always have a raw dessert on Sunday evenings, and this is definitely going to be our next one! They look fantastic. And such *beautiful* photographs!

11. Elizabeth says

I found your blog a few weeks ago searching for gluten-free “bakers” in North Carolina. The recipes look tasty, but this one caught my eye and I knew I had to have some. I’ve made it TWICE now. (Well, a half recipe once to see if it was good as it looked.)

I was surprised at how simple it was. And oh so yummy! It was a big hit. This is definitely a keeper.

Thanks for posting!

• says

Malla well coconut oil is not always liquid, it is liquid when at a certain temperature. now with the hot months it is usually liquid in stores, but could be solid. most health food stores sell it, look out for sales. also amazon online has good deals.

12. Nicole says

Just wanted to let you know that I made these tonight… OH MY GOODNESS. Ahhhhmazing. Thank you for this wonderful recipe!

13. Alma Jose says

Lori and Michelle,
    This recipe is amazing! I’m inspired to try this. I was wondering, where can you purchase a mini cheesecake pan? I love the shape of these babies:-)

14. says

I stumbled upon this today looking for a raw cheesecake recipe. All I can say is “wow” – I made it in about 30 minutes, it was so easy and so good. Plus you made me look good for my dinner date tonight, thanks for that! I just used ring molds and pressed the crust down tight. After a couple hours in the freezer the entire thing slid out easily using the plunger. Triple chocolate heaven.

15. Shaina says

Obviously I know raw cashews are the best but can I make this with cashews that aren’t raw? For some reason raw cashews are hard to find around here :(

16. Shaina says

Thanks so much for your quick reply!! I plan on making this for my Dad for Father’s day…he will be super excited! :)

17. Renee says

Hello Ladies! Not sure how I came across your website, but I have made these triple chocolate cream cakes (and shared the recipe) many times now! I have gotten nothing but rave reviews. They are absolutely AMAZING!! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with the web world! I feel fortunate to have discovered you and your great recipes.

18. Casey O'Brien says

These are so yummy!!! But I used almond meal for the base and found that it did not set very well… Was going to attempt again with pecan meal as recipe says…. Do you think that will help the base set better? Or adding water? Would love to know what you suggest!

• purelytwins says

Casey pecans are a little fatty than almonds, so they do work bests. But you could add in more dates to help hold it together when using almonds.

19. Krissy says

Wow! Can’t wait to try these!! They look delicious!! Just started following your blog and I already KNOW I won’t regret it!! :)

If we don’t have a mini cheese cake pan (which I will try to find one to buy) Can we just make these in a silicone muffin tray?

20. Christina Gagnon says

Are cashew pieces the same as whole cashews as far as measuring goes? In other words is 2 cups whole cashews O.K. or should I go by weight (16oz of pecans – 2 cups). Thanks for your help – can’t wait to try this recipe.

• purelytwins says

no cashew pieces are not the same as whole cashews because the pieces are smaller so you are getting more volume. we suggest going by weight.

21. Amy Gorski says

I made these yesterday and WOW. Talk about dense, chocolate heaven! I wish I could post the picture that I took!!! Well done ladies!

22. Mary says

made these for a dinner party tonight. They are in my freezer to set up prior to topping with the chocolate sauce. Are the to be moved to the refrigerator at that point? I really don’t want a frozen dessert. If moved to the refrigerator will they then hold up for some length of time to then be served and stay firm?

• says

you can put them out about 30 mins -1 hr. If you house is warm wait until 30 mins, if you place is cool you can do 1 – 1:30 hr. Yes you can put it in the fridge too!

23. Dianne U says

When I saw that these were dairy-free, I squealed with joy! I will be making these soon and I wanted to thank you for giving us DF (dairy-free) people something yummy and chocolatey to indulge in. Bless you both and may your halos shine bright!