the best oil cleansing mixture for washing our faces to stay acne free

The best oil cleansing mix to wash face to keep acne free.
acne free face wash using essential oils oli cleansing mix

Big smiles for parsnip bread :) We are thrilled to see so many of you liking our two low-carb bread recipes.  Don’t worry we still adore our plantain bread recipe but it’s nice to have variety, right?

And speaking of variety, you know we are big fans of self experimentation. We always say –> Keep playing around with things until you find what works for your body as we are all different.

Back in March of this year we shared an updated video and post on our acne face routine –> we shared how we wash our faces. We still like that routine and those products, but we wanted to see if we could get more improvements. We have been playing around with oils cleansing since January of 2013. Here Lori shares her first thoughts on oil cleansing. Both of us are so grateful for coming across using oils to help clear our acne. And then we shared how we changed our oil blend as we continued to find what routine worked for us.

Well, we experimented some more….

And in today’s purely talk we are SO excited as we are sharing a new oil cleansing method that has really improved our skin. We made this oil blend back in May, so about 3 months ago. We waited to make sure it worked before sharing it with you. Both of us are excited to share what has helped us with our skin. We cannot guarantee your skin will like it, but we really do think it could help improve it.

The best oil cleansing face wash combination to keep face acne free.

oil cleansing method with best oils and essential oils for acne free clear skin purelytwins

We love washing our faces with oils. Don’t worry you won’t break out when using oils on your face. Promise!

We have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin and using oils works WONDERS for our skin.

Both of us have been cystic acne free for months and months! It’s a miracle in a way because several years ago we never would have thought we would have our acne free skin again. Nope. There were days we weren’t sure if our acne would every go away or just STOP.

purely twins new face care routine no makeup update

But it has!

Using this new oil cleansing mixture, along with the combination of a good real foods (mostly) and a few good quality supplements, helped our acne go away. Plus control our stress and manage our hormones…there are a lot of factors that cause acne.

Now if we experience a pimple it is usually just one or few very small pimples. We can totally handle those now.

We hope this new blend of oils that we love mixed with the combination of some powerful essential doTerra oils will help you with your acne or skin issues.

It has changed our faces and skin for the better! And we ONLY want the same for you!!!

We feel the essential oils we added to our new oil blend helped our skin even more. And our skin has continued to look  good weeks and months later. We are jumping with joy over here.

clear skin DIY oil cleansing mix

The 3 oils that we used in this oil cleansing mix are some of our favorites. Oils that we have learned our skin LOVES! Hopefully yours will too!

• jojoba oil
  • rosehip oil
  • tamaru oil

We buy our oils from Mountain Rose Herbs because we love their quality. We find their products to be some of the best. We’ve never been disappointed with their products.  Remember your face soaks in everything you put on it so make sure to use high quality and safe ingredients.

Benefits of these oils and why we use them:

Jojoba oil – it has absorption properties that are similar to our skins own sebum. It tricks your pores into thinking they are already saturated with oil and therefore that they do not need to overproduce. It is made of long straight chains of wax molecules instead of triglycerides (fatty acids) like normal vegetable oils so it won’t go rancid.

Rosehip oil – has healing and anti-microbial properties. High levels of vitamins C and A. Relatively non-greasy as it soaks into the skin easily. Its antioxidant and anti-microbial properties can minimise the growth of bacteria so as to avoid different types of breakout. It has been used for generations because of it’s healing properties.

Tamanu oil – works by promoting the formation of new tissues. Contains anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, and antioxidant properties. This oil really is a miracle oil. It is thick yet absorbs easily into the skin. Rich in fatty acids. Helps reduce the appearance of scars.

The 3 doTerra essential oils that have improved the appearance of our skin:

Sandalwood – good for dry skin and scars. Antiseptic. Astringent. Anti-inflammatory. Soothing and calming to the skin. Great for acne.

Geranium – great for dry and sensitive skin and wrinkles. Antibacterial. Anti-inflammatory. Antiseptic. Astringent. Relaxing and refreshing to the skin. Great for oily skin.

Frankincense - helps with wrinkles and scars.  Anti-inflammatory. Antiseptic. It has amazing skin regeneration properties. It helps to improve skin tone and condition.

Acne-free oil cleansing blend for face wash

Prep Time: 2 minutes

Total Time: 2 minutes

Yield: this bottle will last months

Acne-free oil cleansing blend for face wash

A great acne prone skin oil cleansing mix to keep skin clear. Good for sensitive and oil skin. Made with jojoba rosehip and tamanu oils mixed with doterra essential oils.

Ingredients

• 25% tamanu oil
  • 5 - 10 drops sandalwood essential oil
  • 15 drops geranium essential oil
  • 15 drops frankincense essential oil

Directions

How to make oil blend
  1. Pour oils into glass bottle.
  2. Carefully drop essential oils into bottles.
  3. Gently shake together.
  4. How to wash face
  5. Cleanse face with witch hazel using a cotton swap.
  6. Place about 1-2 teaspoons oil blend into hand.
  7. Place one bump of doterra foam wash (optional).
  8. Massage oil into skin for a few minutes.
  9. Rinse with water.
  10. Pat dry.

bottles for oil mixture

This is why we use Mountain Rose Herbs and doTerra essential oils because of their high standards for high quality products. Believe us it makes a HUGE difference. We wouldn’t be telling you guys a bunch of crap. Because we 100% know how it feels to have acne or skin issues. We know how important quality and finding the right products are for skin health.

Check out our video sharing our new favorite way to wash our face to help control our acne!

We hope this video helps you in some way.

Maybe you will try something new. Maybe give doTerra essential oils a try, if you do want to try them let us know! Shoot us an email :)

staying acne free with oil cleansing and doterra essential oils purelytwins

What oils do you like to wash your face with?

Do you do the oil cleansing method to wash your face? If so, how has it helped your skin?

What essential oils have helped your skin or health?

xo

NEW blog signature-01

clear skin foaming face wash for acne skin purelytwins

We 100% love love love the clear skin foam wash! We love mixing it with our oils to provide even more depth in our cleansing to keep our skin healthy and acne free!

Give it a try and see how your skin likes it. And come back to let us know :)

28 Responses to the best oil cleansing mixture for washing our faces to stay acne free

1. becca says:

Love this post! Thanks girls. You are truly starting to radiate positivity and health :)

Just one thing I’m confused about. Is there an oil you use called Jobola? I use Jojoba (and love it!!!)…and it is pronounced Ho-Ho-Buh

2. Kiersten says:

I use jojoba, rosehip seed oil and tamanu oil in my oil cleansing blend too! I’ll have to try adding these essential oils though. Lately I’ve been adding a few drops of tea tree oil which I like but I’m always up for experimentation :)
    Kiersten recently posted..Easy Pico de Gallo & GuacamoleMy Profile

• purelytwins says:

Kiersten so happy to hear that you use the same oils and enjoyed great success too :) yay! this makes us so happy. And yes try the essential oils you will love them! Tea tree is great too!

3. VERY COOL!!!!!
    Meg @ A Dash of Meg recently posted..Life LatelyMy Profile

4. Sylwia says:

hey girls, thanks for the great post and video. I just recently started using EO as well. Still playing with them, but seeing already some results :) I add a drop of Frank oil to my moisturizer in the mornings and just massage is all over my face. I’m ordered my Geranium oil and I will make a face wash with it too. I may use Dr Bronner’s unscented mild castile soap instead of the oils. I will see. I also made face toner with witch hazel and Purify EO, so far liking it. Thanks for sharing your great results with us.

• purelytwins says:

Awesome Sylwia!! Br Bronners is great!! We started with that before we made our own. We still use it from to time. You will love geranium we put in out face in the morning with moisturizer!!

5. Mimi says:

Thanks for the info on the face wash! I wash a couple of mornings a week with coconut oil or coconut oil and sugar. I am curious, can you tell me what you mix your glutamine with? I am purchasing the powder and wondering how you like it.
    Thanks!

6. Michelle says:

So happy for you ladies!!! I KNOW how excited I would be if my face was almost perfect;D Well, following a paleo-sih diet (really a purelytwins “diet”) and natural skin cleansing have definitely helped my skin and hormones as well, now it’s just trying to control stress with a stressful job and a final year of college before..life! haha:) Anyway, so thrilled for you guys, best wishes and continued success!!

• purelytwins says:

Michelle :) HUGS!! Good luck with stress and school. Michelle’s acne was the worst her last year in college, but you are on the right track. You are way ahead of us when we were going through it. Let us know if you ever need anything.

7. Brooke says:

Thanks for sharing your oil recipe! I am in love with frankincense (there’s a reason it was one of the three gifts from the Magi at Baby Jesus’ birth) and geranium and sandalwood are amazing too. I would have never thought to blend them together though and then the rosehip and tamanu probably just take it over the top!

Keep up the great work ladies! I love coming to your blog. It feels like a chat with some of my closest girlfriends. I don’t have have too many people around me that are into real, whole foods, exercise, essential oils, herbs, and natural living so thanks so much for all you do :-)

8. Amber says:

So….you cleanse with witch hazel, wash with foaming wash plus oils, then what do you use for moisturizer?? I’m a little confused with your regimen:/ but, really want to give it a try. Right now I use coconut oil…I have super sensitive skin. Thanks in advance

• purelytwins says:

Amber you are right – we use witch hazel first to get our makeup off, next we wash with oil blend with one pump of foaming wash. Rinse. For moisturizer we have used eminence rose one and loved it and Nerium. But lately we are trying to use just a little more oils afterwards for our moisturizer – like coconut oil, jojoba.

• Amber says:

Super! So do you mix some jojoba and coconut oil together for moisturizer? Is there an oil you add to the moisturizer mixture?
        I’m excited to try this and think it will be great for my twin daughters, 12,who both have eczema:)

• purelytwins says:

Amber no we don’t mix the two oils for our moisturizer. Lori likes coconut oil and Michelle likes jojoba for moisturizer. Sorry to hear your twin daughters have eczema, Michelle has it too. We are trying to heal it!

9. Jessica says:

Hi girls! Thank you so much for posting all of this information. I’ve been struggling with some moderate/severe acne on and off for years now and ever since I came off birth control pills in November nothing seems to be working. I tried oil cleansing with just hemp oil and it did nothing. I also tried using a blend of rose hip, castor and jojoba briefly a few months ago with no success. I’m going to try Lord’s combination and cross my fingers that it at least helps. I’m a firm believer that acne needs to be healed from the inside and I’ve been following a paleo diet for 4 months now with no change in my skin. If you don’t mind me asking, what are the supplements that you are using for acne? Thank you so much!

10. Emily says:

Just wondering how big of a bottle you used to do the oil mixture?

11. Heidi says:

Hello,
    I struggle too with adult acne. I have done gluten free dairy free diets but had no relief. I use coconut oil and jojoba oils but still have acne. My skin is very dry. I think I read you have oily skin? Would this same combo work for dry skin? I desperately need healing from some scarring and dryness.

12. CassiePherson says:

Hiya! I want to make this awesome face wash, but was curious – with the percentages that you included, i’m having a hard time telling technically how much that makes! I don’t want it to be too intense or anything, and want it to last as long as possible. Do you know what size jars you used or how many ounces you would suggest in your mixtures? Thanks!

13. Jennifer says:

Thanks for all the great info!! Did you ever try using castor oil to the mix?