Chocolate Samoa Cupcake (grain-free)
- 6 tablespoons cocoa (1 1/2oz)
- 1/4 cup chia seed flour (1oz)
- 1/2 cup tigernut flour (1 1/2oz or 40g) or any gluten-free flour blend
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, full fat (4oz)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or sugar of choice (2 1/2oz)
- 3 large medjool dates, pitted and soaked
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, semi-solid
- few drops of liquid stevia
- Make cupcakes first.
- Preheat 350 degrees.
- Combine the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Stir in wet until batter is smooth.
- Scoop cupcakes into cupcake liners.
- This recipe makes 8 cupcakes.
- Bake for about 15 -16 minutes. Or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes carefully from pan to let cool on wire rack.
- As cupcakes cool make samoa coconut topping.
- In a food processor, place dates, water, vanilla and coconut butter into food processor.
- Pulse until it starts to form a smooth texture.
- In a large bowl scoop the coconut flakes and top with creamy date paste.
- Stir until well blended.
- Next, place coconut layer on top of chocolate cupcakes.
- Spread evenly.
- Next, in a small bowl make chocolate sauce by adding the cacao powder, coconut oil and stevia.
- Mix until mixture is smooth and add in as much sweetness as desired.
- Spoon chocolate sauce in pipping bag and drizzle over coconut layer.
- Use the leftover chocolate sauce for dipping each slice into if you would like additional chocolate.