Samoa Chocolate Caramel Coconut Cupcakes-like a girl scout cookie in cupcake form! Wow! That name was a mouthful, but it fits. These cupcakes are a mouthful. A mouthful of yum! The best gluten-free grain-free chocolate cupcake.
It’s been way to long since we’ve shared a cupcake recipe. And what not a better way to share a new recipe with you than with a delicious samoa inspired cupcake. We have lots to celebrate one being Lori and her family are moving into a new house this week, and cupcakes seemed perfect to enjoy.
This recipe is so INCREDIBLY good!! These Samoa cookie inspired cupcakes are chocolate cupcakes topped with an easy homemade caramel sauce and creamy coconut! Oh my!<
Gluten-free grain-free Chocolate Samoa cupcakes
Let’s make this together..
We hope you enjoyed the video.
Make sure to share this healthy grain-free samoa cupcake recipe with your friends to enjoy together.
Growing up we loved a Girl Scout Thin Mint cookie. We never actually tried a samoa cookie when we were younger as we disliked anything coconut.
Funny how things change? As we love and adore all things coconut.
And in some chocolate… even better!
healthy Samoa Cupcake recipe that is easy to make
These gluten-free and grain-free samoa cupcakes feature a tigernut flour based cupcake and homemade coconut caramel topping! You don’t have to use tigernut flour we just love it and our tummies do too.
Tigernuts are a great grain-free option and it’s nut-free. A nutrient-dense root vegetable that we personally like having in our diet. It’s also high in Iron, potassium and prebiotic fiber to improve your digestive health. And you know we are all about going poo over here, so we like that!Print
Chocolate Samoa Cupcake (grain-free)
- 6 tablespoons cocoa (1 1/2oz)
- 1/4 cup chia seed flour (1oz)
- 1/2 cup tigernut flour (1 1/2oz or 40g) or any gluten-free flour blend
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, full fat (4oz)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or sugar of choice (2 1/2oz)
- 3 large medjool dates, pitted and soaked
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, semi-solid
- few drops of liquid stevia
- Make cupcakes first.
- Preheat 350 degrees.
- Combine the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Stir in wet until batter is smooth.
- Scoop cupcakes into cupcake liners.
- This recipe makes 8 cupcakes.
- Bake for about 15 -16 minutes. Or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes carefully from pan to let cool on wire rack.
- As cupcakes cool make samoa coconut topping.
- In a food processor, place dates, water, vanilla and coconut butter into food processor.
- Pulse until it starts to form a smooth texture.
- In a large bowl scoop the coconut flakes and top with creamy date paste.
- Stir until well blended.
- Next, place coconut layer on top of chocolate cupcakes.
- Spread evenly.
- Next, in a small bowl make chocolate sauce by adding the cacao powder, coconut oil and stevia.
- Mix until mixture is smooth and add in as much sweetness as desired.
- Spoon chocolate sauce in pipping bag and drizzle over coconut layer.
- Use the leftover chocolate sauce for dipping each slice into if you would like additional chocolate.
Heavenly cupcakes made in under 20 minutes.
Let us know if you give it a try.
Lori and Michelle
Yum! Samoas were my fav in my gluten eating days of the past. I can’t wait to make these. Thanks, girls!
YAY 😉 Enjoy girl
Samoas are one of my all time favorites! Definitely will have to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing!
Enjoy the recipe.