Chocolate chip cookie or cake? Love both? How about both! This gluten-free grain-free chocolate chip cooke cake is soft, full flavor and easy on the tummy to digest. It’s so incredibly easy to make using our favorite ingredients plantains and coconut oil. No eggs or dairy needed for this cookie cake recipe that’s topped with a simple rich chocolate sauce.
We LOVE chocolate chip cookie cake. We grew up getting the Great American cookie cakes for our birthdays. We savored every bite. What’s not to love, right? You have a giant chocolate chip cookie made into a cake with a frosting.
Well in our case for today’s recipe we made a quick hot fudge sauce. You can say we were lazy and didn’t want to pipe on frosting. Much easier to mix and pour hot fudge sauce over, do you agree?
We loved this recipe so much we’ve already made it twice!
Gluten-free grain-free Flourless Plantain chocolate chip cookie cake recipe with a easy rich chocolate sauce
Let’s make this together..
We hope you enjoyed the video.
Make sure to share this gluten-free and grain-free cookie cake with your friends.
A warm, rich chocolate explosion for any occasion.
Ultra soft, healthy and delicious, this is the best cookie cake you will ever make. Complete with rich chocolate sauce.
Are needed this chocolate chip cookie cake recipe.
Making this the perfect cake for everyone to enjoy anytime.
And it doesn’t take long to make!
We love being able to use plantains as our “flour” in this recipe as they provides since a wonderful texture to this cake. We didn’t find it too have a super strong plantain flour either. All the flavors blended nicely together.
If you adore plantains as much as we do – this cake is for YOU!
How to make flourless gluten-free grain-free Egg-free Chocolate chip cookie cake that is made from plantains.
The best way to eat a chocolate chip cookie. As cake drenched in chocolate sauce.
And if you don’t want a chocolate sauce on top, please feel free to top this cake with any frosting of your liking.
If you cannot find plantains you can use green bananas.Print
Plantain chocolate chip cookie cake. Gluten-free. Grain-free. Egg-free.
Chocolate chip cookie cake with hot fudge sauce. This recipe is super easy to make. A warm, rich chocolate explosion for any occasion. No gluten. No grains. No dairy. No eggs. Making this the perfect cake for everyone to enjoy.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: one 8inch cake 1x
- 2–3 yellow-green plantains, after being peeled (342g or 12oz)
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (2 1/4oz)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, liquid (2oz)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Hot fudge sauce:
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon monk fruit or few drops of stevia
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel plantain and chop.
- Place chopped plantain into Vitamix blender.
- Add in coconut flour, baking soda, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla into blender.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Hand stir in chocolate chips.
- Grease 8 inch baking dish with coconut oil.
- Pour cake batter into baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool while make hot fudge sauce.
- In a small bowl place all hot fudge sauce ingredients and stir.
- *To make warm heat lightly the coconut oil and butter in microwave.
- Add in enough sweetness to taste.
- Cover cookie cake with hot fudge sauce.
- Slice and enjoy.
- Serving Size: makes 8 slices
So simple and delicious.
Let us know if you give it a try.
What cake did you grow up with eating?
Lori and Michelle
AMAZING! I had to pin this recipe because I was drooling so much. I can’t wait to try this (yet another) wonderful vegan recipe of yours!
This is a Delicious cake that my daughter will love for sure 🙂
Yummy!!! Would cassava flour work with this recipe?
Amazing recipe. Love it. Probably will kill my workout vibe 🙂
Hi, This is a Delicious cake that my husband and Daugter will love for sure. Thanks for sharing
Ran into a few issues. Batter was so thick that the high powered multipurpose blender could not handle it without adding quite a bit of fluid. Then, after baking it for the amount of time per the recipe, it was so far from done, I added 15 minutes to the time before checking again. The chocolate sauce we so bitter, other sweetener was needed. Have not tried it yet; cooling a tad as the children finish dinner.