The recipe for the best super soft gingerbread man cookies. A perfect recipe for holiday cookies! These gingerbread cookies are easy to roll out and made healthier with plantains, tigernut flour and a little molasses but still low in sugar. Topped with sugar-free protein icing. These cookies are gluten-free, grain-free and egg-free.
Oh we are jumping with joy over here.
Not only do we have cookies for you but the Holiday season is here. We admit we started listening to Christmas music at Thanksgiving. We love it.
We are ready to make soft, festive gingerbread man cookies with warm winter spices – made from scratch!
Easy gingerbread man cookie recipe that is gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free and egg-free
Let’s make this together..
We hope you enjoyed the video.
Make sure to share this super easy roll out gingerbread man cookie recipe with your friends.
We’ve been wanting to make a grain-free and egg-free gingerbread man cookie recipe for a long time. These cookies are so good! So dust off your gingerbread man cookie cutters, because you are definitely going to want to make these this holiday season!
This recipe is perfect for letting the kiddos decorate. I know Madison loves to help out. She loved these cookies too.
This recipe was inspired by our plantain based sugar cookies
These cookies are soft, not-to-spicy and super easy to make.
Soft roll-out gingerbread man cookies made from plantains, coconut butter and molasses
Plus these cookies are iced with our sugar-free protein icing that’s easy to pipe.
This recipe might look complicated but promise it’s not.
These are so yummy and good for you too!
We never knew we were huge fans of gingerbread cookies until we made these! They have the perfect amount of spice, but they are soft too.
We love using plantains as part of our flour in recipes.
If you can’t get a fresh plantain you can use green unripe bananas or use plantain flour. Start with 1/4 cup plantain flour and go from there.
For the flour blend you can use any gluten-free flour of your liking.Print
Soft gingerbread man cookies with sugar-free protein frosting
Gingerbread Man Cookie Recipe. A Perfect Christmas cookie.
Taste delicious! Everyone will love these cookies. Made healthier with plantains and a little black strap molasses.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: depending on cookie cutter amount will vary
- 1/2 green-yellow plantain (100g after being peeled)
- 1 cup +2 tablespoons gluten-free/paleo flour blend
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1/4 cup sugar (we used xylitol, can use coconut sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup black strap molasses
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch – 1 tablespoon at a time to roll dough in
Sugar free icing
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- 2 tablespoons protein powder of choice (we used pea protein)
- 2 tablespoons water (add in slowly)
- 2–3 drops of stevia
- Peel plantain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place plantain, coconut butter and sugar in blender or food processor.
- Next add in flour and spices.
- Add in molasses.
- Blend until combined.
- Batter with be a little sticky.
- Remove batter from blender and place on arrowroot starch covered surface.
- Start with 1-2 tablespoons.
- Begin to knead and roll out dough with a rolling pin.
- Adding in 1 tablespoon of arrowroot at a time until dough rolls out easily.
- Roll out dough to about 1/8″ thickness.
- Cut dough using gingerbread man cookie cutters and remove scraps.
- Transfer cookies to baking sheets using spatula.
- Re-roll scrap dough and cut remaining cookies.
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes.
- When cookies are done and cooling make icing.
- In a small bowl combine all icing ingredients.
- Slowly add in the water until the icing blends together smoothly.
- Spoon icing into a pipping bag and pipe onto cookies.
Told you they are easy to make. We’re so excited for you to try them!
Do you like gingerbread man cookies? Do you like soft or crunchy cookies?