Fish curry dinner for two. Sizzlefish sablefish served with a dairy-free curry sauce and plantains and veggies.
Did you catch NBC’s The Voice last night?
The last act to sing were twins!! We loved their performance and look forward in cheering them on. Yay for twins!
We just love seeing another set of twins being so close like us. Those twins reminded us of us except that they can sing and we can’t. Haha. But what we can do is make yummy recipes!
We are better in the kitchen.
Today’s recipe is a simple dinner that serves two using some of our favorite ingredients.
We hope this recipe will inspire you that eating grain-free and using plantains can be fun and tasty!
Gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free fish and plantain curry recipe for two
Share this easy dinner recipe with your curry loving friends.
Now if are looking to expand your fish repertoire give sablefish a try.
Quick and healthy dinner curry fish recipe made from coconut milk and plantains
This recipe was inspired by our original one pot shrimp dish.
We had some frozen sablefish from Sizzlefish and wanted to create a simple dinner for us to enjoy.
Sizzlefish’s frozen sablefish was moist and delicious.
Love how easy it is to make healthy dinners with their individual packed fish.
We found this dish to be the perfect balance of flavor and heat for our tastebuds.
If you like your curry super hot feel free to add in more heat.Print
Sablefish and plantain curry dish
Quick and healthy dinner that serves two made from real wholesome ingredients. Sablefish’s moist and simple flavor goes great with curry and plantains. Add in any veggies to your liking to this dish to make it your own. Feel free to add in more hot curry paste if you desire.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2 1x
- 2 servings of sablefish
- 1 large plantain, cubed and steamed
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- handful fresh cilantro
- 1–2 tablespoons Thai green curry sauce
- 1–2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup of steamed brussel sprouts, cut in half
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- Steam brussel sprouts and cut in half.
- Steam or bake plantain until soft. About 20-30 minutes.
- Then slice plantain into slices.
- Set aside plantain slices and brussel sprouts.
- Next in a large pot over medium heat place peppers and cabbage.
- Add in spices.
- Let cook a few minutes.
- Next add in coconut milk, plantains, curry paste, sea salt, black pepper and brussel sprouts.
- Sitr until combined.
- While veggies finish cooking place sablefish in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Cook fish a few minutes on each side.
- Once veggies are soft spoon veggie mixture on two plates.
- Top veggie mixture with cooked fish.
- Top with fresh cliantro.
- Serving Size: makes 2 servings
Dinner never looked so delicious!
We hope you love this curry dinner using plantains instead of rice.
Thank you Sizzlefish for the sablefish. We were sent the fish to do a review but were not paid to do it.
We hope you enjoy this recipe! Let us know if you give it a try. Make sure to tag #purelytwins on Instagram or leave a comment. We love seeing your creations!
What’s better: rice or plantains?
Are you a fan of curry? Hot or mild?