Combining two favorites into one yummy recipe. Cinnamon roll meets chocolate chip cookie dough to make one soft and yummy bar!
We have a confession to make.
We weren’t going to share this recipe. We showed us making it on snapchat (loriandmichelle). And we didn’t think it came out at first…but after a few bites we were sold.
We looked at each other and knew we had to share this with you.
Second confession:we made this recipe with the intent on sharing it with Gary. That didn’t happen. We had a hard time sharing.
We aren’t really sure how we came up with this recipe idea but it was written down in our notebook with a million other recipe ideas. It just sounded like something we would enjoy and we wanted to see if we were right. We basically got a serious craving for chocolate chip cookies and cinnamon rolls. What to do? How about combining the two!
Gluten-free, grain-free cinnamon roll chocolate chip cookie dough bars
Share this jazzed up bar recipe with friends who are looking for more fun ways to enjoy cinnamon roll and chocolate chips!
This recipe incorporates some of our favorites from coconut flour to tigernut flour to monk fruit.
We love the idea of cinnamon roll and chocolate chip cookie together. A heaven kind of bar recipe.
Easy dessert for your sweet tooth.
Quick and easy cinnamon roll chocolate chip bar recipe
We caught ourselves constantly thinking of them at all hours. Even in the morning.
So basically we want you to make this recipe.
These cinnamon roll chocolate chip cookie bars are so soft and sweet and will melt in your mouth!
These cookie cinnamon roll inspired bars are so good. They have plenty of flavor and taste perfect warm straight out of the oven. What beats chocolate and cinnamon together?
One of the best parts about making this recipe is how extremely simple they are. It might look complicated but we promise you just mix, spread, bake, spread and cut.
This recipe was inspired by:Print
Cinnamon roll chocolate chip cookie dough bars. (Gluten, grain, and dairy free)
Cinnamon roll meets chocolate chip cookie dough bar. Breakfast and dessert in one. Made with tigernut flour and coconut flour and sweetened with maple and monk fruit keeping these bars low in sugar. Can be made egg-free.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Total Time: 26 minutes
- Yield: about 8 bars 1x
- 2/3 cup coconut flour (2 3/4oz)
- 1/4 cup tigernut flour (1 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup ( 1 1/2oz)
- 2 tablespoons monk fruit
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 whole eggs or 2 flax gels (3 tablespoons flax meal with 6 tablespoons water)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 8 tbsp coconut oil, semi solid (4 oz)
- 2–4 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1–2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1–2 tablespoons water if needed
Make the cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, place all your dry ingredients. Stir.
- Next add in coconut oil and eggs (or flax egg)
- Stir together. Add in your chocolate chips and stir.
- End with adding in your water. Add enough until the batter starts holding together. You want it to be on the thick side.
- Grease a 9×5 bread loaf pan.
- Spread half the cookie dough on the bottom.
Make cinnamon mix
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Sprinkle most of the cinnamon mix on top of the cookie dough.
- Then spread the remaining cookie dough on top carefully.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes.
- Let cool a few minutes before removing from pan.
- Mix everything together. Add water until desired consistency.
- Remove cookie dough from pan.
- Spread frosting on top of cookie bars.
- Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar mix.
- Slice and enjoy.
We hope you love our creation of combining these two flavors together as much as we did!
We hope you enjoy this recipe! Let us know if you give it a try. Make sure to tag #purelytwins on Instagram or leave a comment. We love seeing your creations!
What’s better chocolate chips or cinnamon?
Cookies or cinnamon rolls?
Disclosure: In order to support our blogging activities, we may receive monetary compensation for our recommendations and/or links to any products from this blog. Please note, we only endorse products that are in alignment with Purely Twins values and we believe would benefit of our readers. We appreciate the support as it helps keep Purely Twins going!