Food Q &A: Favorite breakfast, snack, what we order when eating out for breakfast

Hey friend,

By the end of the week we are all mentally drained so today’s video is something light and funny.

food-q-and-a

Fun facts about us all about food.

We would love to your answers, leave us a comment below:
1. Favorite breakfast
2. What your order out to eat for breakfast
3. Any current food obsessions
4. Coffee or tea
5. Favorite lunch
6. Favorite dinner
7. Favorite snack
8. Favorite dessert

Kariane August 7, 2015 - 1:38 pm

Currently I’m obsessed with all things green. I think I ate 4 avocados yesterday. And this greens cake: http://everydaymindfulliving.com/greens-cake-a-mixed-greens-side-dish/ I’ve made it at least once a week for the past month. Delicious! Perhaps it’s the hot weather? We’ve been making lots of smoothies and [fruit-sweetened] ice cream too. 🙂

purelytwins August 7, 2015 - 9:06 pm

haha love it Kariane!! All sounds yummy!

Karla August 7, 2015 - 7:11 pm

1. Favorite breakfast – Banana chocolate chip pancakes and crispy bacon; lately I’ve been having a chocolate banana peanut butter smoothie or a gluten-free waffle topped with fruit and a couple scrambled eggs with chipotle hot sauce.
2. What your order out to eat for breakfast – Depends on where I go, typically an omelette. Now, if I could have whatever I wanted… that would be another story! Buttery croissant (maybe a chocolate chip one?), waffle with butter and maple syrup, fresh fruit… I also love cream of wheat with nuts and syrup.
3. Any current food obsessions – Well, I’m pregnant so I’m in a weird phase of being nauseous, having food aversions, then getting really hungry. I’ve been digging hot sauce with lots of stuff (even before getting pregnant), and though I have a sweet tooth, I could eat an entire bag of BBQ chips (kinda sweet and savory) so I have to stay away from them. I’ve been eating a lot of granola bars to stave off hunger.
4. Coffee or tea – Depends! I like both… hot during the winter, iced during the summer.
5. Favorite lunch – Hm… I love a good ol’ pb&j or grilled cheese. Why do all of my favorites include wheat?! I’m not having much wheat these days, so figuring out meals can be a challenge. My family and I like “picky lunches,” putting together plates of meat, cheese, hard-boiled eggs, veggies with hummus, fruit, etc.
6. Favorite dinner – I love pizza and pasta (esp. mac & cheese) with crusty bread and OO or pesto for dipping… but am trying to cut back on wheat and dairy (as well as sugar). I also love enchiladas… more cheese! Two of my fave meals that I alter to suit my dietary needs are butter chicken over rice and beef stroganoff over rice.
7. Favorite snack – kale chips, trail mix, chopped apple with walnuts and dark chocolate chips, cheese and crackers…
8. Favorite dessert – Where do I start? I love no-bake treats like fudge babies (dates, walnuts, cocoa powder, etc. pulsed together in food processor) and in the summer I like to use zucchini to make chocolate zucchini cake. My all-time fave dessert would have to be carrot cake, though. I also love tiramisu, cheesecake, anything coconut, rhubarb crisp, chocolate cake with vanilla frosting or vanilla cake with chocolate frosting, etc. etc. etc.

purelytwins August 7, 2015 - 9:08 pm

love this Karla, thank you so much for sharing!! Yay for omelette love, oh yes croissants are yummy too 🙂 And we love a good pb&J too!! xoxo And yay for all the dessert love! It is hard to pick!

Meg August 8, 2015 - 11:34 am

1. Favorite breakfast: Egg sausage “Meg-Muffin_ with a, wellshire pork sausage patty, egg, tomato, lettuce on a mikeys muffin or one of your vegan english muffins!
2. What your order out to eat for breakfast: Gluten free waffles cause I don’t have a waffle maker at home
3. Any current food obsessions: green peas
4. Coffee or tea: COFFEE
5. Favorite lunch: Giant salad
6. Favorite dinner: Bison steak, mushrooms, potatos and green beans. Classic.
7. Favorite snack: Chompers seaweed chips
8. Favorite dessert: Paleo layer cake (with lots of frosting) and coconut milk ice cream

Now I’m hungry!

purelytwins August 8, 2015 - 2:58 pm

Love this!! Thanks for sharing your answers.

Vicki August 8, 2015 - 9:26 pm

1.Favorite Breakfast: Right now smoothies are my favorite breakfasts. As it gets colder that will mostly likely change:)
2.Dining out: Pancakes or Omelets
3.Current Food Obsessions: Chocolate Almond Butter Bomb Smoothie from Tara Stiles “Make Your Own Diet” Cookbook.
4.Coffee or Tea: Tea
5. Favorite Lunch.. Leftovers or a Salad from a local restaurant here…Savannah Moon
6. Favorite Dinner: The other night we had crockpot chicken wings and an Arugula Salad. Simple and everyone was happy= Momma is happy.
7. Absolute favorite would be one that is more of a memory now: My Grandmother’s Sour cream pound cake toasted with a scoop of ice cream or some strawberries and cool whip. Childhood memories:)

purelytwins August 9, 2015 - 5:26 pm

That smoothie sounds great!

Tara Stewart August 8, 2015 - 11:03 pm

What exactly are Mushes? How do you make it? I would love to try it for breakfast. I’m sure that I’m overlooking it but can’t find them on your blog. Thx u!

purelytwins August 9, 2015 - 5:28 pm Reply
Michelle August 21, 2015 - 6:27 am

thanks for sharing, mine isn’t so healthy!…

1. a bowl of interesting fruity granola cereal
2. smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on granary toast
3. whatever helps my morning sickness
4. neither
5. ‘platter’ – meats, cheese, crackers, houmous, salads, crisps and maybe a pork pie
6. fish, boiled baby potaoes with butter, veggies
7. flapjack/granola bar
8. hot fruit crumble with ice cream (ideally rhubarb or gooseberry)