What we ate vlog + needs tips on traveling with a baby on airplane

Hey friends!

How are you doing?

In today’s vlog we are sharing what we ate yesterday. It was a rest day for us. Crazy to think just 2 days left in the kettlebell challenge. Many of you have requested another challenge, which we plan to do. So for those of you that missed  this challenge we are working on some other ones.

what-is-the-best-way-to-travel-with-a-baby

Also, Lori is in need for some tips on traveling with a baby on an airplane for the first time.

Overall this was a pretty normal day of eats for us.

Remember we are all different. Our bodies need different things. Lori tends to eat a little more carbs than I do as I think my body is more sensitive to them.

Both of us have been playing around with increasing our protein to see how our bodies do.

If you have any tips or advice to share with Lori for traveling with Madison by plane for the first time please leave a comment below.

Thank you.

M

Are you feeling lost in today’s busy world to look and feel better?

Unsure where to start?

kariane May 19, 2015 - 10:59 am

My best travel suggestions for with an infant are to breastfeed on demand, and especially during take-off and landing, carry lots of snacks and extra diapers in case you’re delayed, and take a deep breath and enjoy yourself. I think that if you’re calm, Madison will feel that and be calm too. My older son flew over 30 flights before he was 2, and most of them went really smoothly. Good luck!

purelytwins May 19, 2015 - 12:27 pm

great tips Kariane, thank you so much. And oh yes being calm that’s a great idea. xo

Melissa C May 19, 2015 - 12:40 pm

Breastfeed when you are taking off and landing, bring extra clothes for Madison and diapers, if you can schedule your flight during her nap time so she’s sleeping through most of the flight. Buy a couple new toys and keep them from her until you are on the plane. That will give her something to do. We just had 2 back to back flights with our 5 month old. It’s a challenge, but he did great! Also make sure you have either a copy of her birth certificate or shot record from her peds office. Some airlines require it, even if it’s obvious that they are under 2. If I can think of anything else i’ll let you know 🙂

purelytwins May 19, 2015 - 7:28 pm

Thanks Melissa, extra clothes, yes I need to make sure I do that as I tend to forget. I was wondering about the birth certificate, thanks! xoxo

Cassie May 19, 2015 - 7:08 pm

I only remember being the infant that traveled with my mother! She loved packing a lot of sunscreen and clothes for me 🙂

purelytwins May 19, 2015 - 7:29 pm

🙂 hugs

Julie May 19, 2015 - 11:29 pm

Hello, what is that chocolate pudding dish you have? I have the collagen , but all I do with it is that it to hot water

purelytwins May 19, 2015 - 11:48 pm

Are you talking about our breakfast protein mush? Where we use gelatin in it? If so, we just stir all the ingredients (coconut oil, protein powder, gelatin) together until it forms the thick-pudding like texture we desire. We don’t add any hot water unless we are making our marshmallows.

Leah May 21, 2015 - 11:57 pm

How long is your flight? Bring baby carrier, nursing cover or blanket. If she can do little snacks yet… Not sure with her age. New toys to play with. Plenty of wipes and extra clothes/diapers. Nurse or have them such on something on take off. I ended up walking my kids whenever I could up the aisles. Or stood with them in carrier and bounced til they fell asleep. After they were over one I bought them their own seat and brought car seat on board. Much easier for the 6 hour flights we did. My kids always just loved people watching too. So much going on for them to see while traveling. Oh and we gate checked stroller. Even if you carry her, you might want stroller to help lug stuff. Im not a light packer though! She will be great! Pack your patience and go with the flow. Have fun!

purelytwins May 22, 2015 - 8:59 am

Thank you. The flight went fine. It was a short one 😉

Sara May 22, 2015 - 12:11 pm

Notice you guys aren’t eating as much avocado…. So you still eat them or like them?

purelytwins May 23, 2015 - 8:55 am

Yes we still like them. Michelle was avoiding them for her eczema, so we didn’t have them in the house. She plans to experiment with them soon.

DSI June 7, 2015 - 11:19 am

Infants are prone to ear infections. If a baby has an ear infection while flying, it can make for a very unpleasant flight. There are some signs to look for like grabbing at the ear or redness around the inside of an ear. But, if you have the time, make a doctors appointment a couple days before your trip so they can do a quick physical.