Chocolate chip plantain cake with creamy coconut milk whip cream and homemade cookie crisp cereal. Chocolate chip bars that are not too sweet making them the perfect dessert to enjoy after your summer bbq.
Today was an extra cup (or two) coffee kind of morning.
I set my alarm to go off at 5am but hit snooze and slept until 6. And then Madison woke up a little after 6:30am. After getting her ready for the day it was time for that perfect first cup of coffee. You know the one. Hot. Smooth. Oh so soothing to the soul.
Then it was playtime (and workout time for mommy) followed by breakfast. Madison enjoyed some cooked pureed pears as I enjoyed our typical protein coconut oil mush. Then it was time for that second cup of coffee. Madison has been fighting her morning naps the past few days. Usually her morning nap is her best nap… not this week. Also, they are back to only being 30 minutes long instead of her 45 min to an hour ones. Not sure what is going on as I feel I do the same thing with her every morning. We snuggled for 20 minutes which I would not change those special moments for the world. As I was sitting with her before her morning nap I kept thinking to myself how I am so happy. How I am so grateful that I can sit here and BE with my daughter.
Since she decided this morning she wasn’t really going to sleep I decided a morning walk would be good. And it was! It was breathtaking outside. Perfect temperature and sunny. I counted my blessings yet again on the walk.
Nothing beats a coffee-filled, blessed beautiful day than a delicious homemade treat. Michelle and I made these bars the other day and ate two slices yesterday. These bars are just the kind of dessert we adore. Not too sweet. Simple ingredients. Full of flavor and nutrition.
Grain-free, gluten-free low sugar chocolate chip plantain bars with whip cream and cookie crisp.
Share this simple light cookie bar recipe.
Promise it will become a favorite summer time recipe in your house.
Eggless flourless chocolate chip bars topped with coconut whip cream garnished with homemade gluten-free vegan cookie crisp cereal and 2 ingredient chocolate sauce.
We love creating and enjoying desserts, especially ones with chocolate. Cookie dough inspired recipes are top favorites over here, but don’t tell the chocolate mint recipes.
Low sugar, gluten-free vegan chocolate chip cookie crisp cereal bars
Like most of our recipes we used as little sugar as possible.
We started off with a light plantain cake inspired by our frosted cocoa cake.
If you love light desserts you will love this recipe.
If you prefer not too sweet treats this recipe is for you.
A cookies lover’s dream recipe.Print
Chocolate chip whip cream bars
Light and healthy chocolate chip grain-free bars with dairy-free coconut cream topped with homemade gluten-free vegan cookie crisp cereal. Low sugar cookie cake. A healthy dessert to enjoy this summer with family and friends.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: makes one 9 inch square pan 1x
Plantain cookie bars
- 2 large plantains (14oz after being peeled)
- 1/2 cup applesauce (4oz)
- 2 tablespoons tigernut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons coconut butter, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, liquid (2oz)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup ( 1 1/2oz)
- 1/2 cup Enjoy life chocolate chips
Whip cream layer
- 2 cans of coconut cream (cream layer on top of chilled coconut milk)
- one cup of cookie crisp cereal
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, liquid
- few drops stevia or 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel plantains and place in blender.
- Puree plantains until slightly smooth.
- Add in remaining ingredients ( baking soda, tigernut flour, maple syrup, applesauce, coconut butter and coconut oil). Continue to blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a 8 or 9 inch lightly greased with coconut oil baking dish.
- Bake for about 25-28 minutes.
- Once done remove from oven and let cool.
- Next make coconut whipped cream- see how here
- Top bars with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with cookie crisp cereal
- Drizzle with quick chocolate sauce if desired.
- Serving Size: makes 16 slices
Chocolate chips + whip cream = heaven.
One slice is just not enough.
What is your favorite summer dessert?
More recipe love for you to browse: