Gluten-free, grain-free, egg-free protein cinnamon muddy buddies. Also known as puppy chow. No mater what you call it you can’t deny how delicious and highly addictive it can be. And our take on this classic treat is no different.
We are have something BIG to celebrate over here.
Jax is turning 3 years old!! Happy Birthday to Jax.
We are super excited to share with you today’s recipe for a birthday celebration treat in honor of Jax’s birthday.
Since muddy buddies (or puppy chow) get their name/look/consistency from resembling dog chow we decided to make some for us humans to enjoy.
We remember having muddy buddies growing up and being a fan of that epic unhealthy treat that is loaded in sugar! And we are sooo happy to say we created a much healthier version to enjoy filled with healthy fats, carbs and protein!
Grain-free, gluten-free protein muddy buddies.
Share this delicious protein puppy chow recipe with your loved ones.
Promise they will love it!
Healthier protein cinnamon toast crunch puppy chow recipe
We are always trying to find ways to make healthier homemade versions of snacks.
We have made:
Now we are adding another yummy treat — puppy chow.
Yes, it’s not healthy food. But we find it fun to think of how we can recreate old classics to be a little healthier.
Well as least done the purely twins way.
Eating this brings back so many wonderful memories.
The mix of crunch and sweetness fusing together. YUM.
Truly a lovely treat – it’s sweet, chocolately and sooo peanut buttery!
We love the touch of cinnamon to the muddy buddy mix from using our gluten-free cinnamon toast crunch cereal and think you will too!Print
protein cinnamon toast crunch cereal muddy buddies (gluten-free, grain-free, vegan, paleo friendly)
Looking for a quick healthy snack for the whole family to love? This healthy muddy buddy recipe is: no bake, low sugar, high protein, grain-free. egg-free, and gluten-free! Perfect mix of sweetness with a touch of peanut butter.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups of our homemade cinnamon toast crunch (or store bought cereal of choice)
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of Enjoy life chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons protein powder of choice
- *or could do 4 tablespoons protein powder and 2 tablespoons powdered sugar for a little more sweetness and less protein powder taste)
- First make our homemade cinnamon toast crunch cereal
- Or you could use store bought but homemade really is easy and fun!
- Once cereal is made place 2 1/4 cups of it into a large bowl.
- Next start melting the coating.
- In a double boiler on the stovetop place the chocolate chips, peanut butter and coconut oil in glass bowl to start melting.
- Continue to stir ingredients until everything is melted and blended together.
- Once melted pour mixture over cereal.
- Stir until all the cereal is coated in the chocolate PB mix.
- In a large ziploc bag place the protein powder (or whatever topping you desire) and pour chocolate covered cereal mix into the ziploc bag.
- Shake the bag to get the protein powder coated over the cereal.
- Spread out onto wax paper to set.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
- Serving Size: makes about 4-5 servings
If you aren’t a huge fan of protein powder or using one that doesn’t have good flavor you can do a mix of powdered sugar and protein powder so the protein powder flavor won’t be too overwhelming. It comes down to personal choice and what kind of protein powder you end up using. We recommend using one that you like the flavor 🙂
A little piece of chocolate + crunch+ peanut butter heaven snack.
Cup of muddy buddy anyone?
Are you a muddy buddy fan ?
Do you call it puppy chow or muddy buddies?
More recipe love for you to browse: