Why we eat coconut oil and breastfeeding for core strength

In today’s video we are answering 2 readers questions.

Elizabeth asked Lori if she was breastfeeding and if so, how has that played a role in her fitness and core health.

Heather asked us so share our history behind why we love coconut oil…when we fell in love with it and why and what is the best way to add it to your diet.

Great questions ladies and thank you for asking them.

Breastfeeding to help  core strength and how to eat coconut oil

Hope you enjoyed the video.

As you can tell we love talking about coconut oil.

Why we eat coconut oil, how to eat it in your diet and does breastfeeding help with core strength.

And bonus: coconut oil helps with breast milk supply!!

To recap others brands of coconut oil we like:

Wilderness family naturals

Bulletproof mct oil

Tropical traditions

Green pastures

Nutiva

Dr. Bronners

Garden of life

Are you a coconut oil fan? Why do you eat it?

What is your favorite brand?

What is your favorite coconut oil recipe ?

The coconut oil we NOW USE – We get Thrive Coconut oil and MCT oil here – save money and time!

We love making these recipes using coconut oil:

protein thin mints

chocolate cream cake

triple layer peppermint cake

key lime cheesecake

2 minute single serving chocolate fudge

fab-you-signature-01

HeatherJohnson May 1, 2015 - 3:41 pm

Thanks for answering my question! Do you two like coconut flour as well?

purelytwins May 2, 2015 - 9:46 am

Yes we love it.

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table May 1, 2015 - 4:12 pm

Coconut oil is the jam! I love it on toast with cinnamon for breakfast. And on my dry skin. I swear it’s miracle food.

Susan May 1, 2015 - 4:40 pm

This question is for Lori. I’m wondering about your pregnancy workouts and how you feel about them now that you are post-partum and struggling with diastasis recti? I know you mentioned in previous posts (briefly) that you wished you’d done certain things differently and been more careful. Knowing what you know now and given your experience, do you still consider the workouts you posted for pregnant women to be “pregnancy-safe”? Are there certain moves that you did while pregnant that you wouldn’t do again, and wouldn’t recommend that other women do?

purelytwins May 2, 2015 - 9:47 am

Great questions i will do a video answering them!!

Cassie May 1, 2015 - 8:01 pm

Coconut oil for life!

Leah May 1, 2015 - 9:40 pm

Love coconut oil! I couldn’t stand anything coconut as a kid. Funny how things change!

kariane May 2, 2015 - 4:10 pm

For some reason, I have trouble seeing your videos. I’d love it if you also provided a transcript. Thanks!

purelytwins May 2, 2015 - 9:08 pm

What is the issue with the videos? So we can try to fix it

Alison Murray May 4, 2015 - 4:19 am

I had considered coconut oil also but that is kind of greasy feeling so I didn’t think I’d like it on my face. I do use that as body moisturizer almost exclusively. I cover my body in it when I get out of the shower and then let it sink in. It really does help! But I did not use it in food, i might try it after read your article

nafise May 5, 2015 - 10:17 am

I am so happy find you guys! I am just blessed! it is like a one year!
I loveeeeeeee coconut oil, I eat it and use it for every thing! my husband finally became its fan! He loves it with rice!! have you ever tried it? put in the boiled water with rice!! it’s great!!!

And are you buying your coconut online!? if yes where?

Eric Daniells May 6, 2015 - 11:47 pm

I too am a huge fan of coconut oil and all the many uses it has, so many have only JUST now discovered it for cooking but, have yet to see how it works as a cleanser, or a facial mask, moisturizer, and oil puller. But have to say you’ve taught me stuff I didn’t realize about it here now too!

purelytwins May 7, 2015 - 10:38 pm

Awesome! Welcome to the coconut oil club haha

Jen October 27, 2015 - 10:53 am

Thank you both so much for sharing valuable information and your experiences. Sometimes, however, it is difficult to hear what is being said because one person starts talking over the other. One of you will be in the middle of making a point and the other will interrupt her before she is finished. I’ve been wanting to mention this for a while but did not want to offend anyone. I love that you share you experiences with the world and encourage others to be their healthy, happy selves.

purelytwins October 27, 2015 - 2:47 pm

thanks Jen, yes we realize we do this, and it’s just habit for us. We don’t mean to do it, it just happens. We will continue to work on it.