Secretly healthy soft cake baked protein chocolate chip plantain donuts that serves two. Made in under 15 minutes. Gluten-free, grain-free, egg-free and no sugar added.
We are excited to share another quick and easy donut recipe with you today. This recipe will be added to your favorites.
Donuts make us happy. Especially ones with chocolate chips. Eating donuts like this brings us joy, which is so important to us–to enjoy everything we eat.
4 ingredient protein chocolate chip donut recipe that serves 2
Come into our kitchen and make 4 ingredient DONUTS.
Baked chocolate chip protein donuts made from a plantain and protein powder.
If you like protein powder…
If you like chocolate chips…
If you like plantains…
You will love, love, love this recipe.
This recipe is based off our this original 3 ingredient donut recipe.
Note: using protein powder does change the final texture a little bit in these donuts. We find them to have a dense texture and whatever protein powder you are using it will shine through. So make sure you use a protein powder you LOVE.Print
protein chocolate chip donuts for two (grain-free, egg-free)
Chocolate chip donuts for two! A quick and healthy way to have donuts for breakfast. Perfect travel food. Can use any protein powder to customize your own protein donut. Add as much chocolate chips you like. No sugar added donuts that you can eat every day if you wanted too. Gluten-free. Vegan. Paleo.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 3 minutes
- 4 Ingredient PROTEIN Donuts:
- 6 oz (170 grams) peeled plantain, yellow-green one
- 5 tablespoons protein powder (we used pea protein)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, semi solid
- 1–2 tbsp chocolate chips
- Protein frosting:
- 3 – 4 tablespoons protein powder (we used pea protein)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- a few drops of stevia ** optional
- Add water 1 tablespoon at time until you get the desired consistency.
- Add maple syrup or drops of stevia to taste if you desire a sweeter frosting.
Option for using plantain flour
- 1/4 cup plantain flour (1 oz)
- 4 tablespoons tigernut flour (3/4oz)
- 4 tablespoons protein powder (1 oz) * we used pea protein
- Peel a large plantain and should weigh around 6 oz. Roughly chop plantain and place in blender with coconut oil. Puree until smooth.
- Next add in remaining ingredients.
- Continue to blend until smooth.
- Lightly grease donut pan with coconut oil. Fill donut pan. Makes 2 large donuts.
- Bake at 350 degree for about 13 minutes.
- For the protein frosting:
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and start to mix. Will need to add in some water until desired frosting consistency is achieved. Spread onto donuts.
- Serving Size: makes 2 donuts
If you don’t have a donut pan you can bake them in a muffin pan – to make 2 muffins.
You can use your favorite protein powder of choice in these donuts.
Top with more chocolate chips if you like. More the better!
This donut recipe is super easy to customize to your individual liking. Possibilities are endless! Have fun with it.
No sugar added donuts that you can eat every day if you wanted too.
Do you like chocolate chips? What is your favorite chocolate chip brand?
What do you like better: breakfast or dinner?