The best recipe for protein cinnamon roll banana bread with a 2 ingredient glaze!
It’s been awhile since we have shared a quick bread recipe.
We love quick breads. We love banana bread.
As we mentioned in the homemade tootsie roll post, we love enjoying a good treat from time to time. And banana bread is one of those treats we love.
Gluten-free, dairy-free protein cinnamon roll banana bread recipe
Come into our kitchen and make banana bread with us.
How to make gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free cinnamon banana bread with a 2 ingredient coconut banana glaze
A little bit of sugar. Check.
This recipe is based off our protein banana bread recipe that we made using some plantains.
But today’s recipe we show you how to use a gluten-free flour blend to make the bread. Perfect for those that cannot find plantains. In the original recipe we did 1 1/2 cups flour with 1 medium plantain and we wanted to see if we could use all flour. And it worked!
The flour blend again is based off our gluten-free blend found in our purely classic cookbook.
For the gluten free flour blend we created our own using brown rice protein or hemp protein, arrowroot starch and coconut flour. We like to use 2:1 ratio of flour to starch. You can use any gluten-free or grain-free flour that you like.
If you still want to use plantains but can’t get fresh plantains you can use plantain flour in your flour blend.
To get the flour blend we use you can find in our Purely Classic Recipes ebook.Print
Cinnamon roll banana bread recipe (gluten, grain, dairy, and egg free)
A healthy cinnamon roll banana bread that is full of protein, fiber, and naturally sweetened. Gluten-free dairy-free protein cinnamon banana bread. The perfect combo of cinnamon roll made into a banana bread. This bread can be made egg and grain free!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: one 9x5 bread loaf 1x
- 3 large ripe bananas or 4-5 small ones (12oz once peeled)
- 2 cups gluten-free flour blend (our blend can be found in purely classic recipes)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 chia seed gel (1 tablespoon chia seeds with 3 tablespoon water) or one egg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, liquid (2oz)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
Two ingredient glaze
- 1 banana
- 2 teaspoons coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make your chia gel. Place 1 tablespoon chia seeds with 3 tablespoons, let sit for 10 minutes to form a gel. This is your egg. Or use one egg.
- Peel bananas.
- Place in blender.
- In a large bowl, place gluten-free flour blend, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, freshly grated nutmeg and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients into blender with bananas.
- Add in coconut oil and egg.
- Then add in your 2 tbsp water.
- Pour half the batter into a lightly greased bread baking pan. One 9×5 bread loaf pan.
- Sprinkle and lightly press in some of the cinnamon streusel.
- Pour remaining batter followed by the rest of the streusel.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- As bread is cooling make 2 ingredient frosting.
- Mash the banana in bowl then add in coconut milk.
- Spread glaze on top of bread.
- Slice and enjoy.
- Eat within about 5 – 7 days.
You can use your favorite vanilla yogurt to be the glaze on top if you prefer.
The glaze on top really completes the whole cinnamon roll bread experience. You can use any glaze of your liking.
Cinnamon, coconut and bananas are meant for each other. Do you agree?
Healthy cinnamon roll banana bread for the whole family to enjoy.
Do you like banana bread?
Do you like quick breads?
Do you like cinnamon roll flavor treats?
Share this recipe for those that you know would love it. Thanks.
More recipe love for you: