16 minute lower body tabata workout using no equipment

Get ready to work your whole body.

16 minute bodyweight lower body tabata workout

*Disclaimer: make sure to consult with your doctor before trying a new workout routine. If you feel any pain or discomfort while exercising, stop.

Let’s do this workout together!

Equipment:  none

Style of workout:  bodyweight

Workout focus:  lower body

For each exercise move set Gymboss Interval Timer to 8 rounds of intervals of 10 rest/20 sec.  Each move is 4 minutes.

We suggest for different fitness levels:

B-fits (beginner peeps) – Follow modifications from video. Omit the hops in the curtsy lunges and do regular curtsy lunges.

A-fits (advanced peeps) –  Go for speed and limit your breaks.

Diastasis recti tip – Go slow. Focus on your breathing! Keep belly button in towards spine when exhaling.

16 minute tabata diastasis recti safe workout for post partum moms

A fun workout for moms to squeeze into their busy days. No equipment needed. Get fit at home while your kids nap or play.

This workout is great for post partum moms like Lori. It is safe for those that have diastasis recti (ab gap).

Cassie March 17, 2015 - 1:19 pm

Looks like fun!

purelytwins March 17, 2015 - 3:43 pm

thanks Cassie

Over Your Oats #19 | March 23, 2015 - 5:53 am

[…] I Am Worthy of Happiness Tabata Workout […]

June August 12, 2015 - 8:21 am

I love your workouts, but I prefer to work out along with you. How do I identify which videos include you working out the whole time versus the videos that only describe and demonstrate the exercises?

Thank you.

June

purelytwins August 12, 2015 - 9:49 am

Our purely training workouts 1-40 are real time workouts on youtube. Every workout after that is inside our online fitness club, where there are 100 more workouts live with us. We would love to have you as a purely fit sister.

June August 12, 2015 - 11:25 pm

I am already a purely fit sister and I love your workouts!

Your posts are so interesting I usually feel motivated to try the routine. Is there a way to identify which ones are real time? I wonder if I am the only one who finds this a little confusing?!

Thank you!

purelytwins August 13, 2015 - 9:56 pm

June all of our real time workouts are posted inside the purely fit life club.

NaturallyBlossomingTaylor June 5, 2018 - 2:16 pm

I love Tabata workouts! They’re so easy to do quickly. Pretty much the best kind of workout for a mom!

purelytwins June 15, 2018 - 6:28 am