The best homemade chocolate cupcakes topped with a rich, creamy, dairy-free mint avocado frosting!
If you have been following our blog for awhile you know we are huge chocolate fans and always love creating new recipes for you. In honor of Valentine’s Day week we are going to be loading you up with some amazing chocolate recipes.
Are you ready?
Valentines is more than just enjoying a good chocolate dessert with your loved ones or even enjoying it by yourself. It’s about finding self-love on a deeper level. We want you to focus on surrounding yourself with love. Say nice things to yourself. Spend time with your best friends that make you laugh. Give a hug to a loved one.
Or you could always win their hearts with homemade cupcakes!
Mint chocolate chip cupcakes using tigernut flour and topped with a creamy avocado frosting.
These were FANTASTIC! We hope you love them as much as we did!
Time to get in the kitchen to make CUPCAKES!!
We get stopped in our tracks when we meet someone who doesn’t like mint chocolate!
We think to ourselves, “girl you are crazy! you are missing out on the best flavor celebration”
Yes, that might be a bit dramatic but, seriously, we are obsessed.
Guess this means more mint chocolate for us!
How to make cupcakes using tigernut flour and a dairy-free frosting using avocado and coconut butter.
This recipe is super simple and doesn’t require many ingredients.
Besides loving chocolate mint our other obsession is trying new things.
We have made recipes with sweet potato flour.
We have made recipes using plantains.
Experimenting with chestnut flour . Recipes to come soon using this new flour too!
Now we are loving tigernut flour!!
You might be thinking –> Tiger what?
We have to thank Lauren for introducing us to tigernut flour as it has become our new go-to flour! We promise you will love it too.
The reasons we love tigernut:
- not a nut but a vegetable (a type of starchy tuber)
- good source of healthy fats and resistant starch
- it’s easy to work with
- tastes great in recipes
- allergen free!!
Now you can enjoy this amazing flour too.
You can get tigernut flour here so you can make this recipe too.
Are you ready to make the easiest and healthiest mint chocolate cupcakes?Print
mint chocolate chip cupcakes (with tigernut flour)
A secretly healthy mint chocolate chip cupcake recipe using an allergen free flour called tigernut. Gluten-free grain-free diary-free chocolate mint cupcakes that are super easy to make.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: makes 9 cupcakes 1x
- 6 tablespoons cocoa (1 1/2oz)
- 1/4 cup chia seed flour (1oz)
- 1/2 cup tigernut flour (1 1/2oz or 40g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract or 2–3 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, full fat (4oz)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (2 1/2oz)
avocado mint frosting
- 1 large avocado
- 1/3 cup coconut butter
- 1–2 drops of peppermint essential oil or 1/2 –1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- *to make it more green: can use spirulina or liquid chloroxygen
Make cupcakes first.
- Preheat 350 degrees.
- Combine the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Stir in wet until batter is smooth.
- Scoop cupcakes into cupcake liners.
- This recipe makes 9 cupcakes.
- Bake for about 15 -16 minutes. Or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes carefully from pan to let cool on wire rack.
- As cupcakes cool make frosting.
- Blend everything in Vitamex blender.
- Adjust sweetness and mint to taste.
- Pipe frosting onto cupcakes.
- Top with chocolate chips.
To replace tigernut flour we recommend using almond or chestnut flour, or any gluten-free flour blend
To replace the eggs you can use 2 flax gels. *we have not tested this egg-free
To replace the chia seed flour you can use flax meal.
Get all of your baking ingredients and save money shopping here.
These cupcakes are soft, moist with a slight chew that go perfectly with the thick creamy frosting! #heaven
No one will ever no these cupcakes are gluten and grain free….it will be our little secret.
How are you celebrating love this week?
Have you used tigernut flour before?
If you enjoyed this recipe please share it with others!
Disclosure: In order to support our blogging activities, we may receive monetary compensation for our recommendations and/or links to any products from this blog. Please note, we only endorse products that are in alignment with Purely Twins values and we believe would benefit of our readers. We appreciate the support as it helps keep Purely Twins going!
More cupcake and cake recipe love for you: