16 minute interval get rid of mummy tummy purely training workout

Awesome full-body, heart-pumping home workout safe for diastasis recti sufferers and moms post partum!

Although, anyone can do this workout. All fitness levels are welcomed in Purely Training #90.

You can read about my story finding out I have DR at my 10 weeks post partum update.

I have good days where I feel my core is strong and then bad days where I feel my posture was poor, which results in hurting my healing.  I am focusing more on positive thinking to help heal my diastasis recti.  Join along with me.

Time to be honest with ourselves. Time to live in the present and do what we need to do at this moment. Being active is one positive thing you can do for your health and happiness. Working out builds strength inside and out so we can be there for our family!

16 minute workout to get rid of your mummy tummy

16 minute workout to get rid of mummy tummy for post partum moms #diastasisrecti via @purelytwins

In this workout I want you to focus on pulling in your belly button towards your spine. Engage your core!

Let’s heal DR together!

*Disclaimer: make sure to consult with your doctor before trying a new workout routine. If you feel any pain or discomfort whilst exercising, stop.

Remember it’s never too late to start.

Remember change takes time.

Remember you are worth it and enjoy the process!

16 minute interval workout that’s diastasis recti safe for post partum exercise

Mummy tummy home workout to heal ab gap #postpartum workout #purelytwins

16-min-mummy-tummy-pt90 (Click to download your pdf)

If you want a specific program to follow I would suggest you try out our purely fit life club where I share more safe DR routines to do daily.

Workout-mantra-i-am-strong. I-have-strong-core.

Affirmation for today’s workout – I am strong. My core is strong. I am healing my ab gap.

If you do not have DR you can say this before you workout – I am strong. I have a strong core. I am healing … (fill in the blank).

Repeat this 3 times before you workout.

After your workout repeat them. Make sure you smile 🙂

positive affirmations and workout to heal mummy tummy #workoutsformoms

As moms we have a lot to deal with, but taking the time to do this workout and self-love talk to yourself is important in your recovery!

Make sure to check out my other postpartum safe workouts and my 3 favorite DR exercises to heal ab separation:

post partum workout 1

post partum workout 2

post partum workout 3

3 exercises to heal diastasis recti

workout-clothes-workouts-for-moms-purelytwins

Like this workout? Want to do it with us in real time? Click here to become a Purely Fit sister and have access to hundreds of real time workout videos and much more!

What are you struggling with most in terms of healing your ab separation?

What exercise do you feel has helped you the most post partum to get you back into shape?

If you liked and enjoyed this workout video, it would mean so much to us if you shared it! Thank you!

L&M

NEW blog signature-01

If you’re new to Purely Twins join our tribe and get updates:

Pinterest – purelytwins

Instagram – @purelytwins

Youtube – purelytwins and pure2rawtwins

Facebook – purelytwins

Please note that affiliate links may pop up on PT occasionally. When you click and purchase we receive a small percentage. This allows us to keep blogging! We greatly appreciate your support!

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves February 2, 2015 - 11:52 am

I love the new blog look!! And awesome-looking workout as usual 🙂

purelytwins February 2, 2015 - 1:56 pm

Thank you!

UK Healthy Living Tips February 2, 2015 - 1:40 pm

From experience I can say this workout is truly amazing and a wonderful healthy living tip for anyone trying to get fit. I have written similar blog posts with workouts in as healthy living requires the perfect balance of healthy eating and exercise.

Lindsay February 2, 2015 - 10:33 pm

Thank you so much for posting these workouts! I am 6 months postpartum and have only recently discovered that I have DR. After being told by my doctor at 6 wks I didn’t have it, I resumed my normal workout routine which I now realized made the separation worse (mountain climbers, burpees, front planks, crunches). It’s been an emotional struggle for me as I am very active and fit and have seen minimal results with my stomach. I have felt lost in my workout routines now and unsure of what to do to help it. These workouts and your blog have been super helpful to me. I would love more ideas on what to do consistently to close the gap. I’ve been working on my posture so much more as I’ve realized I’ve been neglecting it since having my baby. Thanks you for the positivity and inspiration you provide women that are going through this.

purelytwins February 3, 2015 - 10:31 am

Lindsay so sorry to hear about your story and struggle, but so HAPPY you found our blog 🙂 and enjoying the workouts, yay! I will be doing another post here with more DR tips! xoxo

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables February 3, 2015 - 8:11 am

Love the new look girls!! I’m sending all your workouts to my girlfriend who just had twins!

purelytwins February 3, 2015 - 10:31 am

thanks sweetie, we appreciate it!

Friday Five and Favorites - Delights and Delectables February 6, 2015 - 5:32 am

[…] 16 minute interval get rid of mummy tummy purely training workout via The Purely Twins […]

Adam Trainor February 12, 2015 - 5:54 pm

Great blog and even better attitude. Everybody has the right to go for the body they want to have. I give it up to all the mummys out there going for their tummy, er goals. Keep it up.

For most of my time as a fitness professional I used the “belly button to spine” cue for core activation. This last year I was taught to pull the belly button to my pelvic floor muscle, and visa-versa. Wow. Huge difference. Now I’m telling everybody. It won’t necessarily make anyone’s belly fat go away… unless they spend the whole day flexing their pelvic floor, but that’s impossible… but it will make you feel that core activation like never before.

Hope it helps. Keep writing!