Recipe for raw snow cake aka raw chocolate cake with a low sugar coconut peppermint cream on top – a festive dessert for the holidays.
Does anyone else only want candy canes around this time of year? Funny how you seem to crave certain foods depending on the season.
Yesterday we think we finished all of our holiday shopping. We did most of it online. Thanks Amazon! We are online shoppers as we are too lazy to get ready and battle the holiday crowds. The only exception we make is for coffee and Wholefoods.
Do you find yourself still running around town shopping? Do you like the holiday crowds? Does it make it feel more like the holidays? It does for us, for some reason, and
everyone most people seem to be in a holly jolly mood. Or maybe the holidays stress you out. No worries as you get to bang candy canes in this recipe, which happens to be a great way to relieve stress.
If you’re running out of ideas for gifts making something edible and homemade is always a win-win. Everyone loves food, so make this impressive and easy cake.
Gluten-free, raw, vegan, grain-free chocolate cake with low sugar peppermint cream
Do you like quick healthy desserts? Then this cake is for you!
Come join us in our kitchen for lots of giggles (around 4:20 mark) !!
If you liked and enjoyed this video, it would mean so much to us if you like, comment and share it! Thank you!
It’s been a while since we have shared a raw recipe. We forgot how much we love making them as they are so easy to make and taste amazing.
We love making raw desserts. For those that may not know we use to own and run a gluten-free vegan bakery. We have shared a lot of our popular recipes in our 3 cookbooks so you can have lots of healthy recipes on hand including many raw desserts.
Today we are adding to our collection of raw desserts. At the end of the post we highlight more raw dessert recipes if you are interested!
Candy cane snow cake a delicious Christmas cake recipe
Are you a little intimated by this type of dessert? We promise there is no need to be nervous.
The reason we love raw cakes so much is because they are so SIMPLE to make and you really cannot mess them up.
They are easy to adjust to your taste and dietary preference. Pretty cool, right?
Last week we shared a recipe for peppermint fudge brownies and today we are adding to our ever growing peppermint/mint chocolate recipes.
Raw peppermint snow cake.
Do you like the name? Michelle thought of it while we were filming the video.
No baking required for this cake, which makes it the perfect simple cake to make this Christmas.
Now the elves want chocolate peppermint cake!
Enjoy this cake with your loved ones this Christmas. An easy yet impressive holiday dessert.
This cake is low sugar, which is how we enjoy most of our recipes 🙂
The chocolate cake is sweetened with a little coconut sugar as the cream topping is sweetened with stevia.Print
Raw peppermint snow cake (gluten-free, grain-free, vegan, low sugar)
Raw peppermint snow cake – easy yet impressive holiday dessert. A healthy recipe for a raw chocolate cake with a peppermint cream and candy canes on top. A simple cake recipe made from real foods. This cake is gluten-free grain-free soy-free egg-free vegan and low in sugar.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: makes about 10 - 12 slices 1x
raw chocolate crust
- 2/3 cup sunflower seed flour (3 oz)
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds (2 oz)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder (2 oz)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, liquid
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup whole cashews, soaked, rinsed, and drained
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 5 tablespoons coconut milk (full fat from a can)
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia, liquid
- 1 – 2 teaspoon peppermint extract or 2 –3 drops peppermint essential oil
2 candy canes for topping
To make raw chocolate cake
- First make sunflower seed flour. Take sunflowers seeds and grind into flour like texture.
- Scoop out 2/3 cups and place into a bowl.
- Add in hemp seeds, sea sat, coconut sugar and raw cacao powder.
- Stir together.
- Add in coconut oil and water until batter comes together.
- Press cake into a parchment lined 6 in cake pan.
- We like to use springform pan.
- Set aside.
Make peppermint cream
- Place all ingredients into blender.
- Blend until creamy.
- Adjust sweetness and peppermint to taste.
- Stir in candy canes.
- Spread peppermint cream on top of chocolate cake.
- Sprinkle with more crushed candy canes if desired.
- Best enjoyed at room temperature.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 3 -4 days.
- Or store in freezer for longer shelf life.
Instead of sunflower seeds you can use any nut or seed you like.
Instead of hemp seeds you can use any nut flour you like.
Instead of cashews you can use almonds or macadamia nuts.
Instead of stevia you can use maple or coconut nectar. Start with 1 tbsp and adjust to taste. Will have to reduce coconut milk.
Hurry, run to your kitchen and make this raw peppermint snow cake!! It will be the easiest cake you ever make.
Gluten-free, raw, vegan chocolate peppermint cake with candy canes
Share your thoughts:
Do you like raw cakes? Have you made a raw cake before?
Do you open gifts on Christmas eve or Christmas day?
Lori and Michelle