Gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, vegan soft light pancakes with a 3 ingredient caramel apple pie topping.
Things are going good over here in the purely twins world. Madison is doing great. We are plugging away at getting things done when we can. We have some new exciting things coming in the new year that we cannot wait to share with you! Being dreamers and entrepreneurs we are always thinking of ways to help others as we want to see you succeed in life. Are you ready?
Yes you are! A new year is approaching so it’s the perfect time to restart!
But first we must fill our bellies.
Gluten-free, grain-free, vegan caramel apple pie pancakes
Let’s make these pancakes together, come join us in our kitchen.
If you liked and enjoyed this video, it would mean so much to us if you like, comment and share it! Thank you!
Crazy we know. How could we forget about pancakes.
We both love apples. We both love pancakes. So naturally we needed apple pie pancakes! And do you know what the perfect match to apple pie is?
Lori loves caramel. She used to get caramel in her coffee back in the day.
Today we are making a mock version of sugar rich caramel sauce by using dates as the sweetness and full fat canned coconut milk to help provide the creamy richness to the caramel sauce.
Dates were created to make caramel sauce 😉
How to make gluten-free, grain-free, vegan apple pie pancakes with 3 ingredient caramel sauce
This pancake batter is on the thick side so it is not your average thin silver dollar pancakes.
Making vegan pancakes definitely is a hard recipe for us to perfect. We love our gluten-free vegan pancakes in our Purely Classic Cookbook but we wanted one a little more light and fluffy. Well as light and fluffy as you can get without an egg of course. We found having the batter be more thick helps give the texture we are looking for in pancakes.
We made these pancakes about 5+ times (we lost count) and each time we tweaked one thing.
We wanted a recipe for you that was easy to make and was grain and egg free. We hope you enjoy our vegan grain-free apple pie pancakes.
And today happens to be National Apple Pie Day!
This isn’t apple pie but it is an apple pie inspired recipe.
Grab your ingredients and let’s make pancakes!Print
Caramel apple pie pancakes (gluten, grain, dairy, & egg free)
The best recipe for caramel apple pie pancakes. Layers of gluten-free grain-free vegan pancakes with a caramel sauce and cooked apple slices. Enjoy these apple pie pancakes with caramel sauce with loved ones over coffee.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: serves 3 1x
- 1 apple, sliced
- coconut oil to cook apples in skillet
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup arrowroot
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup nut or seed flour (we used sunflower seeds)
- 3 tablespoons chia flour or flax meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, liquid
- 1 cup coconut milk (full fat from a can)
- 4 dates, pitted and soaked
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 2 tablespoon water if needed
To make apples
- Place a little coconut oil in skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Place apples slices in pan and toss around in oil.
- Next add in spices and toss around to coat apples.
- Cook apples until soft.
To make pancakes
- Place dry ingredients into a bowl and stir together.
- Next stir in coconut oil and coconut milk.
- *If you prefer sweeter pancakes you can add a few drops of stevia
- Batter will be thick and easy to work with.
- Place pancakes onto hot skillet. Let cook for a few minutes.
- Lightly press pancake batter down to flatten pancakes.
- Then flip and continue to cook a few more minutes.
To make caramel sauce
- Place soaked dates in blender with coconut milk and coconut butter.
- Blend until smooth. May need to add some water.
To make caramel apple pie pancakes
- Stack pancakes.
- Top with caramel sauce and sliced apples.
- Pancakes are best the day they are made.
- Can store in refrigerator for 2-3 days.
If you do not have arrowroot you can use tapioca or potato starch.
If you do have chia flour (ground up chia seeds) you can use ground up flax seeds.
Caramel apple pie pancakes for national apple pie day
Share your thoughts:
Do you like apple pie? How are you celebrating National Apple Pie Day?
Do you like thin or thick pancakes?
More Apple Pie inspired recipes:
Apple pie parfaits
Layered apple pie pumpkin pie mousse