No sugar, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free chocolate oreo kabocha squash cake with a dreamy coconut cashew frosting.
Is it Friday yet? 🙂
We think our coffee is broken as we are still tired. Anyone else feel like your coffee is broken sometimes? Someone better let Starbucks know…haha
Winter is approaching with full force it seems! The high here yesterday was 39!! We saw on the news that some areas of the country are getting snow!! Crazy. We bundled up over here and ventured out for a very short walk. Although, we think Madison enjoyed the cool crispy air. Jax sure loves it!
One way we like to stay warm is with a slice of cake, especially one that is homemade and made with lots of love.
Gluten-free, grain-free, low sugar Fall inspired oreo winter squash layer cake
Come join us in our kitchen to make oreo kabocha squash cake with dairy-free frosting!
If you liked and enjoyed this video, it would mean so much to us if you like, comment and share it! Thank you!
We love cake. Although we prefer cupcakes. But we had fun making this cake for you.
Yep, the twins attempted a layer cake for the first time on camera. How did we do? Leave us a comment letting us know.
We admit we are not the greatest at frosting cakes, but we were pretty impressed with how well this one came out.
Trust us, if we can make and frost this layer cake so can you!
How to make low sugar oreo kabocha squash cake with dairy-free coconut frosting
Kabocha squash is one of our favorites, and we think it’s safe to say you love it too.
We took those two popular recipes and created this oreo kabocha squash cake.
These cakes are more dense and rich, not light and fluffy. But we like rich foods so this fit the bill.
We wanted to make a bright layered cake full of flavor and packed with nutrition.
Well, friend, this is that cake.
In the video you saw us use 1/4 cup pumpkin seed butter and 1/4 cup coconut butter in the cake. But below in the directions we list 1/2 cup coconut butter. You can use any nut or seed butter you would like, or do a little of two like we did!
Are you ready to make cake with us? Grab your ingredients and let’s get started.Print
Oreo kabocha squash layered cake (gluten, grain, sugar and dairy free)
Oreo kabocha winter squash cake layered with dairy-free cashew coconut frosting. No sugar cake! Gluten-free, grain-free dairy-free layered cake made from natural ingredients. Stevia sweetened cake. A fun way to eat kabocha squash as cake.
- Prep Time: 11 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 36 minutes
- Yield: about 8 - 10 slices 1x
Kabocha squash cake
- 4 eggs
- 6 oz cooked kabocha squash (about 1 cup chopped)
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup nut or seed butter ( we did 1/4 cup coconut butter and 1/4 cup pumpkin seed butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia, liquid
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
One recipe of our oreo cake
- 2 cups cashews, soaked and rinsed
- 1 cup coconut butter
- 1 teaspoon stevia, liquid
- *more sweetness to taste
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
To make kabocha squash cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place kabocha squash, eggs, stevia and pumpkin pie spice into your Vitamix blender.
- Next add in coconut butter and coconut flakes.
- Grease 6 inch circle pan.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for about 20 – 25 minutes.
- Let cake cool before removing from pan.
Make oreo cake and divide cake batter into two 6 inch cake circle pans. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Let cool then remove from pans.
- Place cashews into blender with coconut butter, stevia and vanilla.
- Mix until smooth and creamy.
To assemble cake
- Carefully cut kabocha squash cake in half.
- Place one layer of oreo cake down and spread some frosting.
- Then place one kabocha cake layer on top of frosting.
- Spread frosting on this layer.
- Place the second oreo cake layer then top with more frosting.
- Place the last slice of kabocha squash cake on top.
- Carefully spread the frosting on the rest of the cake.
- Slice and enjoy.
- Cake is best enjoyed the day it is made.
- Can freeze cake for longer shelf life.
For the coconut butter you can use any nut or seed butter.
If you do not have kabocha squash you can use any winter squash.
If you do not like stevia, feel free to use a little liquid sweetener you like. We would suggest around 3 tbsp or to taste.
The best stevia sweetened chocolate oreo kabocha layer cake with a rich creamy no sugar frosting
Share your thoughts:
Do you like to make layer cakes? Do you like cakes or cupcakes?
What is your favorite way to eat kabocha squash?
More cake love: