How to make homemade nut/seed and coconut butters in 2 minutes

Sorry for no blog post yesterday. I (Michelle) have had a few really bad days with my eczema so I have not been motivated to sit down and do work. When I am going through a rough patch it literally takes over my mind, my body. I cannot focus on anything besides not itching. And then when I do itch I get upset. Then cry. I feel horrible as I have not been able to help Lori as much with Madison. I feel like a bad aunt. But Lori reassures me they are fine, just focus on me getting better. I will give more of an update tomorrow.

Today we are in the kitchen making some of our favorite things –> coconut and nut butters!!

We love making our nut/seed butters at home as it is easy to do using a vitamix blender or food processor. And it is much cheaper than buying store bought brands. how to make homemade nut seed butters in vitamix blender and recipes using nut and seed butters via @purelytwins

How to make homemade nut or seed butters:

Recipes that use nut (or seed) butters:

4 ingredient peanut butter cookie

Almond butter bread

Chocolate pistachio protein bread

Nutella cookie

Gingerbread swirl muffins

PB and J cinnamom rolls

Samoa bar

how to make homemade coconut butter in vitmix blender and recipes using coconut butter via @Purelytwins

How to make homemade coconut butter

Recipes that use coconut butter:

the best soft coconut chocolate chip cookies

pumpkin coconut butter cookie

pumpkin fudge

chocolate covered pumpkin fudge cups

pumpkin bars

sugar-free vanilla cake

coconut butter frosting

easy pumpkin butter

chocolate hazelnut cookie sandwiches

cake batter dough balls

fruit dough balls

Other how to’s –>

How to make tahini

How to make homemade chocolate pistachio butter

There is no wrong or right way to make nut or seed butters. We are just sharing how we do it. There are a ton of recipes out there. They are easy to make and customize using different flavorings.

All we do is take a few cups of a nut or seed and blend until creamy. Although sometimes we stop short to have a thicker nut butter. And we get lazy haha. We usually soak and dry the nuts and seeds, but this is optional.  We are obsessed with coconut butter.

Have fun making nut/seed and coconut butter friends!

Share your purely thoughts below:

Do you like making homemade nut butters? Homemade tahini?

What is something you would like us to make next?

As you can see we love making homemade butters and using them in recipes 🙂

xo

NEW blog signature-01

Jojo @ Run Fast Eat Lots November 13, 2014 - 12:21 pm

I’ve made almond butter with my Vitamix before. That machine can make anything!

purelytwins November 13, 2014 - 10:35 pm

Yes it can!

Lindsay November 13, 2014 - 2:40 pm

praying for you michelle! always here for you. Love your recipes, well duh!

purelytwins November 13, 2014 - 10:36 pm

Thank you!

Sam @ PancakeWarriors November 13, 2014 - 3:01 pm

Oh man Ive got to make coconut bitter at home. It’s so darn expensive I hate experimenting with it. Will be trying a few of these recipes as well! Thanks for sharing and feel better!

purelytwins November 13, 2014 - 10:36 pm

Thank you!! Once you get used to make it at home it will become easier!

Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! November 13, 2014 - 6:03 pm

Holy recipe jackpot. My mouth was literally drooling as I read this post. I actually just made homemade almond butter for the first time this weekend and wanted to bonk myself on the head for not doing it before. Now, I have so many great recipes I can’t wait to use it in! Thank you. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

purelytwins November 13, 2014 - 10:37 pm

Awesome!! Enjoy the recipes!

Leah November 13, 2014 - 6:33 pm

Sorry you are having a rough time. Hope it clears up soon. I don’t have same issue but one that causes pain and when it flares, it is all I can think about. Stay strong and take care of yourself. Positivity really helps me emotionally. It will get better! Love all you ladies do!

purelytwins November 13, 2014 - 10:38 pm

Thank you! Sending you healing vibes too!

Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy November 13, 2014 - 9:18 pm

i love making nut butters. you’re right — definitely a cost saver!

GiGi Eats November 14, 2014 - 1:43 am

Coming to your blog is ALWAYS so dangerous for my browser because I always open like 284329473 different tabs! LOL!

purelytwins November 14, 2014 - 9:24 am

hehe 😉

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables November 14, 2014 - 8:09 am

I’m drooling. I’ve made homemade brazil nut butter and pumpkin seed butter…. however no good luck with the pumpkin!

Lindsay Hayes December 3, 2015 - 9:43 am

I think the shredded coconut I have is dried. Is that ok to use to make coconut butter if I soak it first?

purelytwins December 3, 2015 - 10:47 am

Lindsay you do not have to soak. Leave it dry. It will work.

Misty May 23, 2016 - 2:19 pm

Hi, Michelle & Lori! I wanted to ask you which size and model is your Vitamix blender. I just got a blender but I’d like to get a Vitamix PRO 750 one day and I’m thinking that maybe it’s too big – it comes with a 64-oz container and a 32-oz dry container. Do you need something that big to make your recipes?

purelytwins May 25, 2016 - 1:46 am

this is the Vitamix blender we have and use for just about all our recipes https://www.vitamix.com/Shop/S30?skuId=057304

Misty May 25, 2016 - 5:00 am

Thank you! Good to know that I don’t need one as big as the PRO, especially because I’ll save a lot of money if I get a smaller size. Vitamix blenders are really expensive ????

Flourless pumpkin marshmallow peanut butter chocolate chip blondies October 19, 2016 - 1:02 pm

[…] the peanut butter you can use any nut or seed butter to make it paleo […]

No Bake Holiday cake batter dough balls December 6, 2016 - 9:38 am

[…] Learn how to make your own coconut butter here. […]