Healthy raw, vegan, gluten-free, grain-free recipe for beet and kale chips with a dairy-free sauce.
Cheezy beet and kale chips. The best healthy snack.
We are all finding a routine over here. Lori and Gary have been focusing on Madison, as I (Michelle) finish some work Lori and I started before the baby arrived. We will be giving more of an update on our new life tomorrow!
Today’s veggie chip recipe is something we have been enjoying for a while now. We hope you enjoy these chips as much as we do.
We fell in love with kale chips about 5 years ago when we first got into raw foods. And we will be forever grateful 🙂 It’s a great addiction to have, do you agree?
We will confess that we will eat a whole bag of kale chips at once. Sometimes twice a day. Yep, we love them!
I thought of the idea to take a creamy dairy-free sauce and cover other veggies to see if they make cheezy chips like kale chips. We picked beets as the veggie to try because we love them (and have always wanted to make beet chips). We think any vegetable could possibly work with this recipe to make cheezy chips.
How to make dairy-free cheezy beet and kale chips
Hope you enjoyed the bloopers haha
Dairy-free, raw, vegan recipe for kale and beet chips
Craving something crunchy and salty? Looking for a healthier alternative to potato chips? These baked beet and kale chips will feed your munchies!!
Each bite you will want more and more…and that’s not necessarily a bad thing.
We see beet chips all the time, but never cheezy ones. So we are excited to present this recipe to you!
If you struggle with finding good savory snacks, you must give these cheezy beet and kale chips a try.
This recipe is so easy and so good. These beet and kale chips beat any store bought 😉Print
Cheezy beet and kale chip recipe (raw, vegan, paleo, gluten-free, soy-free)
The best recipe for cheezy kale chips using natural real ingredients. A healthy snack beet and kale chips with a dairy-free sauce. A fun way to eat beets as chips! Gluten-free. Raw. Vegan. Paleo.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: makes about 1 cup of sauce 1x
- 1 head of kale
- 2 beets
- 1 cup sunflower seeds (or macadamia nuts)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 –4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chives
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Rip kale into pieces and place in a bowl.
- Slice beets thinly either by hand or using a mandoline.
- Place beet slices in another bowl.
- Place all the ingredients for the dairy-free sauce into blender.
- Blend until well blended and smooth.
- Pour sauce into bowl and divide between the beet and kale chips.
- Using your hands work the sauce into the kale pieces.
- Then work the sauce into beet slices.
- Place the kale and beets chips onto a dehydrator sheet.
- Dehydrate for about 6 – 8 hours. Or until desired crispness is achieved.
- *If you do not have a dehydrate you can bake these in a 350 degree oven
- and bake for 20 minutes.
These beet and kale chips can be dehydrated or baked in oven. We prefer dehydrating them as they tend to get crispier.
You will get a little messy with this recipe. We seem to have a theme lately with creating messy and tasty recipes like pumpkin truffles.
Thanks for joining us in the kitchen today. Now go make yourself some homemade cheezy beet and kale chips!
If you enjoyed this video and recipe, it would mean so much if you shared it. Thank you.
Do you like kale chips? What about beet chips?
Are you a chips or crackers person?
What is your favorite quick and healthy snack?