Gingerbread muffins with a chocolate swirl made without gluten, grains, eggs and dairy and made with very little sugar.
We had a very laid back day yesterday. We were busy filming 3 new recipes 🙂 Make sure you are subscribed to our youtube channel or sign-up for our newsletter so you never miss a recipe! Our mom has been enjoying all the baking too. Keeping ourselves busy in the kitchen is helping pass the time as both of us play the waiting game. Lori waiting for baby M. Michelle waiting for results of her patch testing.
When we were editing this recipe video our mom kept saying she wanted some of these muffins. We sadly had to tell her we already ate them all.
But good news they are super easy to make, so come join us in the kitchen.
Gluten-free, vegan gingerbread chocolate swirl muffins.
Chocolate and gingerbread is a flavor combo we fell in love with a few years ago.
We have shared a few chocolate gingerbread before from:
We wanted to make something else so we could continue to enjoy those two flavors. Muffins are a quick grab-n-go meal…well for us they are a dessert 😉
Low sugar gingerbread chocolate muffins that are free of gluten, grains, eggs and dairy.
Plantains – try green bananas
Molasses – maple syrup or coconut nectar
Chocolate – try carob powder
We used pumpkin seed butter but you can use any nut or seed butter.
These chocolate gingerbread muffins have a soft moist crumb and are sinfully delicious. One bite and you will be swooning.
You would never know these muffins do not have gluten, grains, soy, dairy or eggs! We only did 2 1/2 tablespoons molasses as we just wanted a touch of spice without being too sweet. The pumpkin seed butter and plantains help add a bit more sweetness. There is not a strong spicy gingerbread flavor, it is more subtle flavor fused with chocolate.Print
Gingerbread chocolate swirl muffins (gluten, grain, egg, dairy free)
Gluten-free vegan gingerbread muffins with chocolate. Healthy sweet treat made with plantains, nut butter, molasses, coconut oil and chocolate. Grain-free, soy-free, egg-free, dairy-free muffins.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: makes 12 muffins 1x
- 2 large plantains (14 oz after being peeled)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, liquid (2 oz)
- 1/4 cup nut or seed butter (2 1/4 oz)
- 2 1/2 tablespoon molasses (2 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon nut or seed butter
- 10 drops stevia
- 4 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel plantain and roughly chop.
- Place plantain into vitamix with remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour muffin batter into bowl.
- Lightly grease muffin pan. Scoop some batter into muffin pan.
- Now make chocolate sauce.
- Place coconut oil, cacao powder, stevia and nut/seed butter into bowl and stir together.
- Scoop some chocolate sauce in muffins.
- Finish scooping the remaining gingerbread batter on top of chocolate.
- Take a spoon and swirl chocolate around.
- Place muffins into oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Let cool a few minutes in pan.
- Carefully remove muffins from pan.
Hope you guys enjoy these muffins as much as we did!
We cannot wait to make them again…and again.
Do you like muffins? What is your favorite muffin flavor?
Do you like chocolate and gingerbread together? Do you like molasses?