{pregnancy} week 39 + another day in life video

I am a few days into being 39 weeks pregnant and still feeling like my normal self.  Not really sure what normal really is anymore I am so used to having a kicking baby in my belly, peeing all the time, etc.

Since I really enjoyed doing last weeks day in the life of being 38 weeks pregnant I decided to do another one. I hope you enjoy the video and pregnancy update.

39 weeks pregnant day in the life highlights.

Click here to watch on youtube.

I forgot to video everything that I did, I am still getting used to doing these day in the life videos so bear with me.

Or maybe it’s pregnancy brain that I tend to forget things around here.

39-weeks-pregnant-day-in-life-highlights-purelytwins

baby bump at 39 weeks!

Other pregnancy week 39 updates:

Food cravings–>

pancakesLoving pancakes and donuts! I’ve made our egg-free donuts twice and practiced a new egg-free grain-free pancake recipe a few times. Loving it all!

hot-spicy-truffles

Also loving spicy hot chocolate truffles!! I eat one or two a day it feels like. And yes I am still eating my cacao nibs too!

Besides that I have been enjoying my same typical eats – mostly real foods – a lot of healthy fats (mainly coconut oil).

Pregnancy workouts.

week-39-pregnancy-workouts-recap-purelytwins

I have managed to keep up with doing a few home workouts a week. From filming new purely trainings to filming new workouts for our purely fit life sisters. I wasn’t sure how long I would be working out during my pregnancy journey, but my body is still loving it.

Therefore, I continue. But this week heading into my due date I am mostly doing walking and stretching these last few days. This past Sunday’s workout (which you saw in the video) was my last true workout.

Sure some moves are way more challenging and my speed is slow, but I love the energy the workouts provide my body. I do get some braxton contractions during my workouts. And baby M usually is active before or after my workouts.

pregnancy-safe-week39-homeworkouts-purleytwins

Doing lots of squats over here. Keeping my lower body and core nice and strong the best I can!

being-pregnant-39-weeks-working-out-to-stay-strong-purelytwins

I know all these workouts and extra stretching that I try to sneak in during the day will hopefully help with labor! Plus I have been doing lots of walking!! I’m thinking baby M is going to be doing squats when she comes out 🙂

I am playing the waiting game over here. As you saw in the video our mom came into town to be here for the labor and to help out.

I am overall feeling great. My energy is great!! My bowel movements have slowed down a little and at night I get gassy. I usually go pee 2-3 times during the night as I think baby M is sitting lower and lower pushing on my bladder. There are moments where I feel I am having a strong contraction and I think this is the start of labor, but no. It goes away. I don’t have any real consistency with the contractions yet so I know they are not the real thing.  I am visualizing this Friday as the day (her due date is Saturday). I have another doctor’s appointment tomorrow to see how I am progressing.  I am staying upbeat and have a great support team. I do admit… I am ready not to be pregnant anymore.

For other moms out there – what do you remember from being 39 weeks pregnant? What signs did you have knowing you are in labor?

Did you do the whole spicy foods, teas, walking, etc that can help get labor going?

What are your plans for today? Any new recipes you have been enjoying lately?

Anyone else love spicy chocolate?

xo

L

NEW blog signature-01

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes September 23, 2014 - 12:56 pm

Eeeek! So close for you now. My due date was on Saturday and low and behold I’m still pregnant. 🙂 I’m sure my little guy will come when he’s ready, but I just want to meet him now. 🙂

purelytwins September 23, 2014 - 5:28 pm

oh yes he will come soon!! I feel it!! thinking of you sweetie

Erica September 23, 2014 - 1:00 pm

LOVE the day in the life of 🙂 Cannot wait to see this cute baby!!

purelytwins September 23, 2014 - 5:28 pm

thanks Erica…. me too!!!

Leah September 23, 2014 - 1:41 pm

Love the bump! 39 weeks I was pretty miserable both times with Braxton hicks all the time. First came on due date and second at 41 weeks. At 39 weeks, I just tried to stay busy and keep my mind off of being anxious about when baby will come. I couldn’t do spicy foods as I had tons of heartburn. Good luck to you! It’s so exciting how close you are!

purelytwins September 23, 2014 - 5:30 pm

thanks Leah, that is what I am trying to do – stay busy!!! xoxo

ucsdgirl September 23, 2014 - 5:45 pm

Love the video.

Michelle, I hope that you are feeling better! It broke my heart to see you going to the NAET session. That’s 100% pure robbery and quackery and no one, regardless of their financial situation, should be taken advantage like that. I also hope you’re less stressed now! I was looking through all of the great instagram pics you guys put up, and the one that discussed Michelle’s stresses really made me want to leave this message. A 6 pack isn’t important, nor is incredible leanness. In fact, such leanness for an extended period of time is bad! It makes physical processes like menstruation that define womanhood impossible or a lot harder to support. I know in the past you’ve struggled with that, and honestly, that seems to me a lot more important indicator of health than excess gas (not that digestive health isn’t important, of course!) Take pride in your wonderful body, its strength, ability to give birth, and don’t worry so much about everything. Does it really matter if you eat 3 oz of fish or 4 oz one night? If you have half a plantain or a whole one? A slice of gluten free pizza vs. regular? No! All that really matters in the end–I think–is our own happiness, fulfillment, meaningful relationships and friendships, etc. xoxoxo

purelytwins September 23, 2014 - 6:12 pm

well the NAET doctor is the first doctor that actually cares about me and has experienced with working with people with skin issues like eczema, no other doctor I have seen has any experience, so I like her in the since it is someone to talk to about what is happening and bounce ideas. and we don’t stress over our bodies and thinking we have to have a 6 pack sorry if that is the message you got from us, we just like fitness and feeling strong that is all.

Marie September 24, 2014 - 5:07 am

One of my girlfriends has gotton into labour and giving bearth to both her kids the day after eating sushi… So maybe it’s worth the try to have it for dinner Thursday ? 😉 haha. I wish you the best experience, Lori. Can’t wait to read and hear about it 🙂 xoxo

purelytwins September 24, 2014 - 7:44 am

awesome! Thanks Marie

CARLA September 24, 2014 - 7:23 am

SO SO SO EXCITED FOR YOU.
(settles in with coffee to watch the video :))

purelytwins September 24, 2014 - 7:44 am