{pregnancy} week 37 video: update and what I am packing for hospital

Guys it is getting so close!! 37 weeks!! I hit full term, even with 3 weeks to go to the official due date. That means it could be anytime now! I hope she comes soon as I don’t really want to be induced, but we shall see. It is all up to baby M. I will do my best to patient, but, honestly I am so eager to be holding her in my arms!

I can’t believe it. I am so close to the end of being pregnant🙂  I am starting to do more of my pregnancy stretches. I admit I haven’t done that much as I would like. I need to practice my labor breathing techniques!!

Yikes I better get practicing.

cuteline3-01

new-mom-showing-what-she-is-bringing-to-hospital

Hope you like the video of my update and packing for the hospital.

What to pack for the hospital.

Click here to watch on youtube.

And I wanted to say sorry again about the weird background noise you might here. We aren’t sure what it is from.

I know I might be over packing for my short time at the hospital but that’s okay.

what-to-pack-for-hospital-new-mom

Other items that I plan to use at the hospital:

pillow – I plan to use the hospital ones

pads and large undies – I plan to use what the hospital provides

diapers  – my plan is to start using cloth diapers as soon as we get home from the hospital, so while we are there I will just use disposables.

What-to-pack-for-hospital-purelytwins-weeek37-update

baby-toys-clothing-for-being-born

I loved packing up her stuff as it means we are close…cannot wait to meet my little girl!

what-to-pack-for-hospital-for-labor-pregnancy-hospital-bag-checklist

Hopefully I got everything. Am I missing anything?

I still can’t believe I am actually all packed for the hospital. The feelings in the house are pure excitement. The final countdown is on!

cuteline3-01

pregnancy-week-37-update-packing-for-hospital-purelytwins

PREGNANCY WEEK 37 UPDATE:

Current food cravings?

Same as last week. I share more in the video.

Here is what I ate yesterday:

Note I did not take picture of any bites of chocolate chips or cacao nibs.

cashew-butter-peach-smoothie

I started my day with a simple smoothie: homemade cashew butter, coconut oil, fresh mint and parsley, little protein powder, gelatin, and frozen peaches.

egg-sandwich-brusselsprouts

Lunch was shredded brussel sprouts cooked in coconut oil in a skillet, topped with nutritional yeast, little bit of ground buffalo, more coconut oil, sea salt and an egg sandwich. Michelle and I are working on a new recipe and decided to use it as my ‘bread’ for my egg sandwich with romaine and some mustard.

dinner-plate

Dinner was a little sushi rice, sautéed romaine, canned salmon, homemade quick coleslaw, coconut oil and sea salt.

new-dessert-recipe

Dessert was two cocoa gingerbread grain-free muffins. A new recipe that will be coming to the blog soon!

Any symptoms?

Everything just seems to be getting more and more uncomfortable over here. I am ready for baby M to come out.  My internal organs are cramped! Gas is harder to pass sometimes. TMI I know, but hey it’s the truth.

Sleep is hanging in there. I toss and turn frequently. I get up to go pee twice during the night.

Energy is good. I get tired in the evening. And overall my pace for everyday things is slower!

No major swelling or any other discomfort. Wedding ring is still on.

Stretch marks?

Don’t really see any.

Miss anything?

My old body. Being able to do things without a huge belly in the way. Not having strangers stare at your belly… wow she is going to pop.  Not peeing in my pants when I cough or sneeze. Pregnancy joys 😉

How is your skin?

My skin is doing great! Yay! Although I was getting one very small pimple a few days ago, but I was able to stop it by using lavender essential oil on it to help prevent it from coming along with my usual face wash routine.

How is digestion?

Digestion is doing great. Pretty similar to last week.

Total weight gain/loss?

Belly keeps getting bigger. I feel the same as last week. I am unsure of any additional weight gain until I get weighed at my doctor’s appointment later this week.  I discussed this in the video.

baby-bump-at-37-weeks-purelytwins

How is baby M doing?

She is doing great. She is moving. I hope that means she is getting ready to pop out!  She is head down and sitting low on pelvis, so… that’s all good news!

She is about the size of a large cantaloupe or watermelon. Again depending on what pregnancy site I am reading at the moment.  Her body is developed enough to survive outside of the womb! That’s super exciting.

NOW FOR MY PREGNANCY WORKOUTS FROM LAST WEEK:

If you would like more help with pregnancy workouts (pre, during and post) please come check out purely fit pregnancy. Come workout with me every day and I promise to keep you strong and healthy during your pregnancy so you can bounce back afterwards.  Promise I will keep it fun too.

37-weeks-pregnant-home-workouts-purelytwins

I wasn’t as active as I normally have been in the past. It happens. I am still feeling strong in my workouts and enjoying the rest days as well.

Monday –  rest day

Tuesday – did our labor day 15 minute workout

Wednesday – filmed the new purely training #78 – 16 minute full body workout

Thursday – rest day

Friday – did some yoga

Saturday –  did some TRX exercises and short walk

Sunday – cleaned the house

That’s it for me today with my 37 week pregnancy update!

I know I have mentioned this before a few times already… but I am SUPER excited to be coming to the end of my pregnancy journey.

I will continue to give updates as we play the waiting game over here 😉

What did you pack for the HOSPITAL? Did you over pack or pack just enough? Did you use the pads and undies that the hospital provided? I plan to.

Did you have to be induced? Any tips to get things moving down there?

I want to hear your predications on when you think baby M will be here.. when do you think she will be born? (my due date is sept. 27).

xo

L

NEW blog signature-01

Morgan September 9, 2014 - 9:26 am

You’re list looks pretty solid. I know you said you’d use the hospital pillows, but it can be really nice to have your own pillow, just my preference. I was also really happy I bought some “throw away” underwear; which was just some cheap boy short underwear in a size up. The hospital will give you some mesh kind (which were great for the first day or two) but I found the cotton ones more comfy. I tossed any stained ones after the first six weeks. I highly recommend getting some nursing pads and nipple cream (lanolin or something like that), and start using it immediately. Even if you have a great latch and help with the breastfeeding, you will still be a little sore. The pads will keep the cream from getting all over your bra or shirt and then later will catch leaks. I bought some organic hemp reusable ones but I had a pack of disposables that were nice for the beginning. Since your bringing your computer it can be nice to make a couple playlists. We called them “push mixes” and I had an upbeat one and a chill one. It was nice to play music while I labored. And my last thought is definitely bring peppermint oil. I got so nauseous while in labor and my doula had me lightly inhale peppermint oil and it went away immediately, such a life saver! Good luck mama!

purelytwins September 9, 2014 - 4:39 pm

thanks Morgan for the suggestions!! oh yes peppermint oil – great one!

Meghanne September 9, 2014 - 9:30 am

I always recommend calendula tincture to my clients. When added to a squirt bottle with some warm water it can be used as a gentle and healing perineal wash. It can also be put onto frozen pads to make inflammation reducing ‘crotch-sicles’. Warm wishes for a smooth birth and easy transition into parenthood.

purelytwins September 9, 2014 - 4:39 pm

thanks Meghanne 🙂

Lisa September 9, 2014 - 10:25 am

I packed tons of stuff I didn’t use… All I used were the Honest disposable diapers I brought for baby (we waited to do cloth till home too), plus my toiletries.
So excited for you!!!

purelytwins September 9, 2014 - 4:40 pm

thanks Lisa!! I am so excited too!! Great idea about using Honest disposables I will grab me some 🙂

Laury September 9, 2014 - 10:30 am

Lori you look adorable!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!! Enjoy these last few weeks. i LOVED being pregnant and can’t believe

My guess is 10/04/14 Ella and Jaxon BOTH were due on the 27th (April and August. Ella was my first and born on the 4th so that’s my guess 🙂

My best advice for breathing is as SOON as a contraction hits, get control right away. Try not to panic. It makes a HUGE difference. Just start breathing calmly right away and do what feels good intuitively. I wrote my birth story and said how all the things I planned for to cope didn’t even matter. it’s good to read and be prepared but at that time you just do what feels best and helps keep you calm. I learned that I just read too much 🙂 I also advise lots of yoga squats (do some from the squat to standing, repeat slowly) as well as rocking on hands and knees in the last 2 weeks to get that baby moving down and those hips ready! And sex helps at the very end 😉

purelytwins September 9, 2014 - 4:42 pm

haha Gary is excited for that part 😉 thank you so much for the great suggestions and tips 🙂 xoxo

Caitlin September 9, 2014 - 10:45 am

i’m so happy for you, lori. you are really glowing and just look so happy. am so excited for your little bundle of joy to arrive!

purelytwins September 9, 2014 - 4:42 pm

thank you Caitlin! xo

Marie September 9, 2014 - 12:53 pm

Uuuh, its SO exciting! Glad to hear you’re doing well – you look amazing! Totally rocking the pregnancy glow 😉 She has to make it till due date, it’s my bf’s birthday and her name starts with M too (Malene) 😉 hehe..

purelytwins September 9, 2014 - 4:43 pm

haha 🙂 I hope so comes around her due date and thank you sweetie

Samantha September 9, 2014 - 1:16 pm

LOVE that “husband” is on the checklist haha! I am saving/pinning all of your pregnancy posts so I can go back and look at them when it’s time to grow our little family 🙂

purelytwins September 9, 2014 - 4:43 pm

awesome Samantha so honored and happy to do this!! oh yes can’t forget the husband 😉 haha

christine September 9, 2014 - 3:47 pm

here in canada they do the sweeping membranes at 38weeks! i refuse it because it painful and not naturel! so my baby was there at 41 weeks.
here my essentiel- dr.brooners soap for baby, not hospital soap!
-Earth mama Angel baby nipple butter, it painful for 3 weeks! start using now!
lot lot of coconut water!
3 packs of maxi pads(i stay 48h and i use everything) hospital give juste 2big diapers!
-and a sleeping bag for Gary, kleenex,purell.
wipes and diapers for baby.
good luck!

purelytwins September 9, 2014 - 4:44 pm

thanks Christine for the tips, I will make my notes!

Amy September 9, 2014 - 8:50 pm

Saturday would be awesome because that’s my birthday. 🙂 But otherwise, I would predict you’ll make it to your due date. No matter what, I’m EXCITED for you! So close! Hang in there and enjoy this time… 🙂

purelytwins September 9, 2014 - 8:55 pm

thanks Amy!! I am enjoying it all 🙂 HUGS

lindsay September 9, 2014 - 11:35 pm

I think she’s gonna be here next week! Just eat more cocoa nibs

purelytwins September 10, 2014 - 9:17 am

haha I can do that 🙂

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table September 10, 2014 - 12:42 am

It’s hard to pass gas?! I am fascinated… LOL!

purelytwins September 10, 2014 - 9:17 am

haha 😉

Ulli September 10, 2014 - 3:11 am

Hi!! Wow, you look great!! I don’t have any tips how to speed things up, as my little boy decided to come 15 days after his due date!! I was induced after day 10 and got contractions, but the cervix didn’t open, and in the end his heart rate got bad and it was an emergency c-section (its ok for me now, I tried everything I could with the midwifes, lots of alternative things like opening the cervix manually, aroma therapy etc)
I don’t want to scare you with this, I just want to tell you that everything is possible, and everything is normal (according to the doctors and midwifes at my hospital my case was not that special) – YOU and your BABY are normal, you’ll hold her in your arms soon, and it doesn’t really matter how she came to this world (I know, I was thinking differently before, but now as I have my little boy its all that matters)
So: don’t stress, everything will be fine!! I’m thinking about you from the other end of the world! 😉 Have a great day!! Ulli

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes September 10, 2014 - 4:23 am

I found it so hard packing for my hospital bag as I didn’t want to over pack but didn’t want to go unprepared either. Looks like you have everything sorted. 🙂

Leah September 10, 2014 - 9:20 pm

Looks like you are prepared! I packed a lot both times but hate the feeling of not being prepared. First time, I probably packed too much for myself. I had a rough delivery and getting all dressed with hair/makeup done was way too much for me. Comfy yoga pants and nursing tank along with quick shower was all I needed. I remember the baby clothes being SO big. My kids were 7 1/2 pounds and were swimming in some of the clothes I brought. Newborn siz worked better for the first few weeks. Love the gowns with out the feet and snaps. Makes diaper changes easier. Good luck to you!

Meg September 10, 2014 - 11:22 pm

Hi there! Love your packing list but just a heads-up, you won’t be able to take baby home in the pink gown outfit because the car seat straps go between her legs, and the gowns don’t really work for that! Best of luck!

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries September 11, 2014 - 9:58 am

I think you have to be one of the cutest pregnant ladies I’ve ever seen! Getting SO excited for you – eeeek! 🙂

purelytwins September 11, 2014 - 1:17 pm

thank you Ashley!! xo

Kat September 11, 2014 - 11:45 am

Warm wishes for your last couple of weeks and a calm, stress free delivery!!

purelytwins September 11, 2014 - 1:18 pm

Thanks Kat!

Eric Daniells September 11, 2014 - 8:42 pm

My wife sent me here, and I hope I’m welcome to respond to this thread in particular. From the father’s perspective at least! You look great, radiating health and it brought back so many great memories reading what you wrote here. Those meals look delicious and covering so many of your nutrients for you and your little “M”. The only suggestion I can make about the hospital is not to use the underclothing they provide, it’s not comfortable and makes you sweat. I had to run to a department store, buy a size bigger set of ladies underclothing that were the style she was comfortable in, because the hospital ones were more like an adult diaper. Using the hospital’s pads is smart though because the ones we brought from home just didn’t cut it. They’re just not made for the after effects of birth. They also provide a giant square one that’s the same size as a puppy training pad beneath you. You might want to put about 3 tbsp of peppermint leaves in a blender with ice and make yourself some ice chips. The peppermint itself helps keep your mouth feeling nice and cool as you do your breathing.
Really looking forward to hearing all about your little angel when she comes!

purelytwins September 11, 2014 - 9:35 pm

thanks Eric for the tip. I am now planning on bringing some old underwear 🙂

bitt September 12, 2014 - 4:58 pm

Excited for you! Hope it all goes well.

Just curious why bring a hat but not more clothing? If you think you will need a sweater won’t the baby need pants?

purelytwins September 12, 2014 - 8:11 pm

I am bringing a hat just in case I want to put it on her, I am not sure. And as for pants? Not sure I guess I could bring some pants.

Am September 19, 2014 - 9:31 am

It looks like you are really well-prepared! And the stuff you’re bringing is soo cute! 🙂
I second Morgan’s (from above) suggestion to bring your own pillow, or a pillowcase. I know when I was in the hospital with a family member for a few days, for a surgery, the number one annoyance was how the pillows, with plasticy cases, kept slipping out from underneath me.
I am going to guess she is going to come on September 26th. 🙂 I am so excited with you!

How I am preparing for labor: exercises and tips to prepare July 26, 2016 - 10:47 am

[…] am also working on my making my list for the hospital bag as second babies can come early! Of course each pregnancy and labor will be completely different. […]