10 confessions of how we are not perfect. And how we are.

Bloggers sharing confessions about not being perfect.

every sunrise gives us one day more to hope

10 confessions that make us not perfect. And the ways that we are.

1. Don’t make the bed.

Both of us never make our beds, besides after putting new sheets on.

my room is not dirty

2. We don’t always eat our veggies.

It happens. Not often. We have been known to go through almost the whole day without eating one single one. One reason we don’t always show what we ate that much anymore, as we know people would judge us for not eating our veggies.

3. Always have typos in our writing.

Our minds are always thinking of a million things to do from business projects, deadlines, running a business, keeping up with house work, etc…sometimes later on we realize, or someone let’s us know, we had a typo.

4. Shy girls yet we blog about our life — the good, the bad, and the ugly.

We fall under the category of lifestyle bloggers, which is weird when we think about it as we are private girls in nature. Yet we come here every day on the blog and type (and make videos) for the world to see our daily life and struggles.  We share things here that even our family is learning for the first time, like hearing about some of our eating disorders. We shared it first here — for the whole world to judge.

Interesting right?  We like to do our own thing, keep to ourselves, yet feel perfectly comfortable getting on camera sweating it out, showing our faces without makeup and crying on camera in front of the whole world.

5. Sometimes we ask for help financially from our parents.

Being online personal trainers (a very competitive business) is not the highest paying job nor is selling $6 cookbooks. This is not our proudest moment. We know we will get judged, but this is the truth. Money is tight…very tight, even though it may not look it.

6. We do not always brush our teeth in the morning.

Gasp. Not even after coffee?? Yeah, we know, gross.

7. We do not always warm-up before filming our workouts.

We just get so excited to workout that we just do it. And sometimes we have no time to warm-up just need to film the workout video and move on to another project.

8. Fall into the comparison trap.

Social media makes it so easy to compare. Why did they get more likes? Why did she get that offer? She takes better photos. That blog gets a lot of comments and we don’t.

how I really am

9. Majority of our photos are taken off our iphones.

We have a nice DSLR camera and photoshop for editing, but we do not take the time to learn them. We know how to do a few things and that’s it. One day we will learn. Maybe. For now we like using our phone apps to “edit” a picture real quick.

10.  We show our flaws.

Majority of people only show their “best” side on their social media platforms. Sure we try to always show the best picture of our abs or meals. But sometimes it is what it is. We show our skin with a big pimple on it. We show red patches on our legs. We show not so glamorous or magazine worthy pictures. We show all sides of us being purely us.

We are not perfect. We are real girls just trying to be happy and fit in this ever changing, judgmental world.

We want to inspire people to live their best lives, and sometimes we realize we might be “showing” others that things are always perfect.  Please remember whoever you follow on facebook or instagram, us included, they get to choose what they show. Many people use professional photos where things have been tucked, covered or lifted. And they have the right. Everyone has the freedom to do what they want. Just remember they are people and have issues, just like the rest of us.

I am not perfect but I am thankful. I am purely me.

So next time you hear yourself saying, “Her life is perfect, wish mine was” stop and remember you are perfect.

You are YOU. Why would you want to be someone else? You are ENOUGH!!

The way we are perfect?

Is we accept all of these confessions. They make us who we are. They make us work harder. To be better. To keep hope. Realize we are lovable not weak. They make us who we are: silly, honest, passionate, trusting, curious, hard working, creative, stubborn, fun-loving, carefree, crazy twin sisters.

Thank you for accepting us as us.

What is your confession? Do fall into the comparison trap?

How do you stay positive? How do you deal with social media envy?

How do you define perfect?

xo

Lori and Michelle

If you’re new to Purely Twins join our tribe and get updates:

Pinterest – purelytwins

Instagram – @purelytwins and @purelytwinsfitness

Snapchat – loriandmichelle

Youtube – purelytwins and pure2rawtwins

Facebook – purelytwins

eatlifead

Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy August 28, 2014 - 8:06 am

#1 is SO me! That’s why I lock my room so no one can SEE the bed!

Nikki @ The Road to Less Cake August 28, 2014 - 8:50 am

You’re real and that’s why I love your blog.

Meri August 28, 2014 - 9:07 am

That is precisely why we love you so much! You are real girls, living in the real world. Perfection? There is no such thing. I don’t strive for it. I used to, when I was younger, and I was so unhappy. My goal is to always try my best. I think that all the blogs and Websites out there that portray something that isn’t real, or that is very superficial, are getting likes from people who aren’t looking for something meaningful. Appearances, appearances. It seems so important to look always happy and successful, and that is ridiculous. Precious time and energy are wasted on this celebrity culture we live in. I love that you stay true to yourselves and are brave to be just who you are. xx

ramblingcreations August 28, 2014 - 10:18 am

Beautiful post. Thanks for writing and sharing!

Kris | iheartwellness.com August 28, 2014 - 10:36 am

I love you two! Seriously, you both are so gifted, blessed and consistent with your DREAMS and going after them.

I can relate to a lot on this list actually…those dang veggies {gasp!} and at one time I was there, not too long ago asking for help from the ‘rents. I am grateful everyday now that I can help them out financially in just a couple short years later.

Keep your WHY strong, get out there with your opportunity and keep inspiring 🙂

xxoo

Angela August 28, 2014 - 10:38 am

You girls are awesome!

Cat August 28, 2014 - 10:46 am

Ahh I think I love you girls even more now ;D I love that you do ‘bare all’ – it’s refreshing and I can identify so much with you both. In fact – I’m also in the non-bedmaking club – I figure, we’re only going to sleep in it and mess it up again, right!? Hehe awesome post!

RH August 28, 2014 - 10:51 am

One thing that might help with #5 is addressing problem #3. Typos and grammatical errors make you look unprofessional — who’d want to invest in someone who doesn’t take the time for a basic thing like spell checking? As a customer it makes me wonder what else you’re letting slide.

I mean this only as constructive criticism. Errors in grammar are a big turn-off for me and it’s the primary reason I have never given you any money. I do admire you girls for all the things you do right, though, and love that the overall message of your post is acceptance.

Jessica August 28, 2014 - 12:38 pm

100% agree with this

Heather August 28, 2014 - 4:56 pm

Agreed as well. In a blog, reoccurring typos are something about which a professional blog writer should be complacent. Your written word is how people see you. It’s the same as having several typos in your resume. Sure, some people don’t care about typos but it looks quite unprofessional to have several in every single posting. I feel that it makes the writer appear to be lazy or dumb, especially since you’ve essentially admitted above that you’re often too preoccupied with other thoughts to proofread a post before publishing it.

Heather August 28, 2014 - 4:58 pm

Ugh, that second line should have read “In a blog, reoccurring typos are NOT something about which a professional blog writer should be complacent”.

See, we all make typos and I should have proofread my response a third time before posting it! If I hadn’t corrected myself, my message would have been unclear 🙂

purelytwins August 28, 2014 - 8:15 pm

no worries Heather, we understand.

purelytwins August 28, 2014 - 8:15 pm

We do proofread our blog post but we are human and make mistakes, we apologize. we do go back and fix up old blog posts has often as we can and when a blog reader lets us know of a mistake we usually go and fix it immediately. we do our best. but again we are human and make mistakes. we will continue to try to do better.

Brooke August 28, 2014 - 11:23 am

Yep…this post is exactly why I’m drawn to your blog. You two are so real and inspiring. I started following your blog in the raw vegan days, but I wasn’t a daily reader until this past year. I really appreciate these confessions because it goes to show that leading an optimally healthy lifestyle is easier said than done….but it needs to be said! Both of your work is so important and needed right now. People need to see that living a healthy lifestyle is do-able, but we also need to determine individually what a healthy lifestyle is for us and how to implement it. Your 15 – 20 minute workouts on youtube are awesome for my life and make working out easier for me. Your blog also shows how you two incorporate the things you learn into your lives and it’s awesome to see that since it gives me ideas for my own life (like how to incorporate essential oils and how I would love to have a babymoon before I have kids!, etc.).

Thanks for all you both do. I know some day this blog might not be here and I definitely expect a slowdown once Lori’s baby gets here, but the beautiful energy you put into your work shines through and I’m sure it will impact people long after this website is gone….which won’t be for a long, long time hopefully 🙂

Kat August 28, 2014 - 11:31 am

Thanks for this girls! I know I can relate to every single thing you’ve said, and not everyone likes to talk about it. Always showing your best side on social media is really quite toxic, for other people and for yourself. Much love <3

Abby August 28, 2014 - 5:14 pm

Happy hearts! Love you guys.

purelytwins August 28, 2014 - 8:16 pm

thanks Abby xoxo

Michelle @ Vitamin Sunshine August 28, 2014 - 6:57 pm

#4 is what makes the two of you so great! Thanks for this honest, heartfelt post!

purelytwins August 28, 2014 - 8:16 pm

love ya sweetie xo

mncornell30 August 28, 2014 - 7:58 pm

I love this post! This is one of the many reasons I love reading your blog. You show your real selves, not who you think your readers want you to be. I completely relate to #1 and #4 even though I am not a blogger. I am introverted, however my job requires me to step outside of my comfort zone and very talkative. Thank you for all that you do!

purelytwins August 28, 2014 - 8:16 pm

thanks sweetie! we love you too and love your support over the years xoxo

christineE August 28, 2014 - 9:30 pm

I love you girls for your honesty and being purely you. What a family of sisters we have!

purelytwins August 29, 2014 - 7:09 am

Joy August 29, 2014 - 1:41 am

So many of these!!!! I don’t even own a camera!! (Buying one for Italy) the only one I’m never guilty of is #1 I freak if my bed isn’t made… But don’t look in my dryer because 75% of the time there’s dried clothes I don’t feel like folding

MarieNielsen88 August 29, 2014 - 9:19 am

I looove this post 🙂 So much fun, so honest and so true! I get help from my parents too 🙂 #2 Please, we all know you girls love your veggies – so don’t be shy to share your meals! Keep ’em coming 😀 xoxo

Jessica August 29, 2014 - 1:51 pm

I love this post! It’s always comforting and inspirational to be reminded that I’m not fooling myself when I try to convince myself of the same principles of self love, that other people feel the same way. If it’s used in a positive way, comparison can be a good thing, like seeing this post and you two appreciating yourselves for who you are pushes me so that I might feel the same way about myself. So thank you for the guidance 😉

purelytwins August 29, 2014 - 2:04 pm

Michelle August 30, 2014 - 9:27 am

This is why we all love you ladies:) Thanks for always keeping it REAL!!! xoxo

purelytwins August 30, 2014 - 9:35 am

thanks Michelle – we will 🙂 xo

Erin @ Snapbacks and Racing Flats August 30, 2014 - 11:23 am

Absolutely love this post. I completely feel the point about being private by nature, yet having a lifestyle blog where you share your private and personal thoughts and ideas. I am an extremely introverted person and also suffer from severe social anxiety. I keep to myself most of the time, yet I have a very personal lifestyle blog as well as a Youtube channel. It’s so strange, even to me.

I think one of the beautiful thing about blogging and the like is that it allows people who are typically more reserved to express themselves and break out of their comfort zones while still having the “safety” of it being through the computer.

purelytwins August 30, 2014 - 11:47 am

Agreed!

Kristi August 30, 2014 - 12:05 pm

Thank you for sharing this, especially the part about asking for financial help. As a single gal who has switched gears career-wise to ow my passions, I have had several instances where I’ve had to ask my parents for a little (ok a lot of) help. It makes me feel better to know I’m not alone in that one! Thanks for being honest and willing to put that out there! xo

purelytwins August 30, 2014 - 6:55 pm

yes you are not alone Kristi 🙂 it happens! thank you for the love and support, it means so much to us

well, hello monday… | September 1, 2014 - 8:02 am