How we make bulletproof coffee + twins coffee talk

Join us in the kitchen making bulletproof coffee with cinnamon and turmeric. Plus more coffee chat with the twins.

purelytwins coffee talk

Coffee talk with us.

How to make bulletproof coffee (with cinnamon and turmeric)

Come into Michelle’s living room (aka purely fit life’s workout room).

Bulletproof coffee is not for everyone. And as we mentioned not everyone should be having it.

But let us know below if you enjoy it or not? What are your thoughts on it?

how to make bulletproof coffee with turmeric and cinnamon

We have been adding turmeric and cinnamon for awhile now and love it!

Adds a little spice to it and who doesn’t love yellow coffee?? haha

practicing headstands

After our weight workout we did a quick session of stretching and handstands. We don’t do these everyday like we used to. We practice on days we have some extra time. It’s a little difficult for me (Lori) to do now with a growing belly especially since I was not good at them before.

We enjoyed a smoothie after our workout that we forgot to film. Next time 😉

For our lunch we enjoyed an amazing meal. It might not look like it… but trust us it was delicious.

loris lunch

Lori’s plate with pickles and plantains.

michelles lunch

Michelle’s plate with shredded parsnips rolled up as a wrap!

Our plates included: liverwurst, arugula, ghee, coconut oil, eggs and coconut flour.

We also got a new yoga product to try out and review from Mama Kuka!

new yoga bands

Can’t wait to use them to see if they help with our yoga practice and stretching.

Have you heard of these yoga straps before?

wednesday dinner

Our dinner this past Wednesday night. Yes it’s covered in turmeric so it doesn’t look pretty at all. Sorry. But we are eating more and more turmeric and covering our meals is how we are doing it. Apologize for the ugly yellow ;)  Sometimes yummy things don’t always look the best. We know there are others out there that sometimes enjoy ‘ugly’ meals.

Thanks for spending the day with us 🙂

Have a great Friday!

Do you have any plans for the weekend?

What did you have for dinner? Do you have ugly meals sometimes?

Do you practice handstands? Do you use yoga straps?

NEW blog signature-01

Georgia June 20, 2014 - 10:41 am

I love it, its like indian spice coffee! Maybe a pinch of cardamom to the mix? French presses are great, I got rid of my coffeemaker long ago and the taste of coffee is so much better without all the plastic nonsense going on

purelytwins June 20, 2014 - 11:33 am

Georgia great idea we will try adding in some cardamom next!

Dana June 20, 2014 - 11:08 am

This looks like awesome coffee!! I’ll have to try tumeric with my cinnamon. Love my bulletproof coffee but I just use straight coconut oil. Its amazing how creamy it gets in the blender…

Both of your hair looks amazing btw!

purelytwins June 20, 2014 - 11:33 am

Dana thanks! Love how creamy it gets 😉

Cat June 20, 2014 - 3:02 pm

I love me some fatty coffee! in fact I like it better than black or with milk/cream. Coincidentally I bought some fresh tumeric root today – I knew about the benefits of it for a while but had never seen the fresh version! Not sure how that will work in my coffee but it will definitely make an appearance in cooking 😉

purelytwins June 20, 2014 - 3:22 pm

we love fresh turmeric! in the past we used to juice it 😉

Kiersten June 20, 2014 - 4:13 pm

I make turmeric and cinnamon in my coffee too! I thought I was a weirdo lol. I’ve never used the MCT oil but I use coconut oil instead and I also add collagen. Sooo tasty!

purelytwins June 20, 2014 - 4:51 pm

Kiersten yay!! we add in gelatin too sometimes 🙂

Morgan June 20, 2014 - 5:54 pm

Aw y’all look great in the picture! This sounds really good. I’m always looking for more ways to eat turmeric, it’s not my favorite flavor but I like it in curry and I can get it fresh at the farmers market. I make my bulletproof coffee with a tablespoon of gelatin dissolved in it as well. It makes it extra smooth.

purelytwins June 20, 2014 - 6:17 pm

thanks sweetie 🙂 ya the flavor of turmeric is not always the best lol we are getting used to it, cinnamon and salt sometimes helps 🙂 yay for adding in gelatin to yours, we sometimes do that too!

Michelle @ Vitamin Sunshine June 20, 2014 - 8:42 pm

Never thought of putting gelatin in my coffee! I will try that- I always have gelatin on hand, and rarely use it. Need to start making Purely Twins marshmallows I think!

purelytwins June 20, 2014 - 9:06 pm

yay for marshmallows!! we need to make some up too

Michelle @ Vitamin Sunshine June 20, 2014 - 8:41 pm

Yellow meals are not ugly! I’m in Thailand- and had some amazing yellow pineapple fried rice last night. I’ve been trying to use fresh turmeric instead of the powdered spice, but it can be overwhelming. I made a beautiful lemon turmeric vinaigrette- gorgeous in photos and over my salad- but very hard to eat. I tried adding it to a grapefruit green juice, and holy yuck! I couldn’t drink it. The fresh stuff coats your mouth (and your kitchen). I’ll have to keep experimenting, because I know how good it is for you. Maybe a bit in my coffee will help me up my intake 🙂

I love the idea of adding turmeric to coffee. I’ve been adding cinnamon to my coffee for years. It’s my sweetener 🙂

purelytwins June 20, 2014 - 9:06 pm

Michelle give it a try and hopefully you like it! Start small with the turmeric it does have a strong flavor.

Whitney @ To Live & Diet in L.A. June 20, 2014 - 9:17 pm

Pickles and Plantains?! That’s quite the mix!

I haven’t tried traditional bulletproof coffee, but I’d like to. I’ve had coconut oil in my coffee before and it was pretty good!

Bonnie June 21, 2014 - 12:12 pm

You ladies are so fun! I remember from Blend last year that you like black coffee – that’s how I like it too! Lately I’ve been adding coconut oil into mine in the mornings and I often put cinnamon in there too. So this morning I combined it in the blender (maybe will work up to the tumeric?) and loved it! I don’t add butter or the MCT oil (simply because I don’t have the oil and I’m still loving but getting used to the coconut oil) but maybe will add that in soon to try it out too! Would love to share a cup with you two (three!) and connect in person again. Watched the whole video with my coffee; you guys are so cute! Meals looked delish (I know what you mean about unappetizing but I also know how good that food that can!). Have a great weekend!

purelytwins June 21, 2014 - 12:18 pm

thanks Bonnie!!! we would love to share a cup or two of coffee with you!! hopefully soon that will happen again 🙂 hugs

Amy June 21, 2014 - 1:22 pm

It looks like almost all of your meals are the same color(s). Do you guys eat fruits and other colorful vegetables? One of my favorite nutrition tips is to eat the rainbow, which in my opinion is the best way to get all the vitamins and phytonutrients.

purelytwins June 21, 2014 - 4:38 pm

we don’t eat that much fruit and we eat just about any veggies but lately we’ve been avoiding nightshades for digestive reasons.

Amy June 21, 2014 - 7:33 pm

Curious why you don’t eat fruit?

purelytwins June 22, 2014 - 7:59 am

Amy we do eat fruit, just not a lot of it due to the sugar. We watch sugar content due to our acne. Keeping it low helps our skin.

Kristen August 13, 2014 - 8:35 am

Why do you say bulletproof coffee isn’t for everyone? Do you mean just the flavor or prep of it or is there something else? Just curious since I recently started looking into it myself. Thanks!

purelytwins August 13, 2014 - 8:46 am

Kristen, all that you said. It can be the taste, the idea of it, and some people’s bodies don’t handle it well. It really depends.

weekly sparks March 27, 2016 - 9:25 am

[…] been drinking bulletproof coffee again. It’s been about a week. Loving it! It gives us the energy we need right now with still […]

Bulletproof Coffee & Intermittent Fasting: Is It Worth the Hype? | FITaspire March 21, 2017 - 4:00 am

[…] “We drink it because we honestly like the flavor and it gives us good energy and mental clarity. We tried it because we love eating lots of fats, it just works for our body. We were intrigued by it, but realized the original version was too much for us, so we made it smaller. Also it is a great way for us to get more healthy fats in our diet.” Michelle & Lori, see their version of “bulletproof coffee” on PurelyTwins […]