{pregnancy} week 25 + building baby crib and Jax pic overload

I am narrowing it down on maternity photographers, so that’s exciting. Also we are making more progress in baby M’s bathroom. We hired some help with installing the tile. After that we are putting in the new vanity ourselves. It’s getting so close to being done! Can’t wait!  Plus I will be signing up for some private birthing classes as the place I want to do it is only offering private classes at the moment.  Not sure how thrilled Gary is for them but I am excited! I am trying to have a stress-free relaxed mindset when thinking of birth. I will share more thoughts at a later date. *Update- you can read about Madison’s birth story here.

pregnancy week 25 update

And I apologize now for the overload of Jax pictures in this post. What can I say I love my dog. And I love the little moments of him experiencing this whole pregnancy journey too. I love capturing him when I can to hold onto those memories. And he loves making appearances on the blog 😉

We’ve also made progress in the nursery. I love seeing furniture in there now. Everyday it’s feeling more and more real over here.

more crib

Jax unsure of what this box is filled with?

crib

This is the crib we got from amazon.

building baby nursery

Let the fun times begin.

jax my vizsla

At first Jax was really interested in everything.

jax in nursey

Still a little intrigued on what daddy was building.

sleepy vizsla in nursery

Then Jax started to get bored.

vizsla in nursery

Still trying to hang in there and be a part of it all.

sleepy vizsla

Then Jax decided he’d rather sleep and wait for the finished project.

jax sleeping on knee

Since crib was taking a little bit longer to build Jax would walk around every so often. Then lay back down.

sleeping vizslaHe was so patient while we worked.

jax looking at crib

Getting closer. Jax getting anxious.

jax in crib

Jax was always by my side. He never wants to be left out.

crib almost done

Making progress with building the crib.

baby white crib davinnci

All done.

final crib

Bigger than what we were expecting. But Gary and I both love it.

davinnci white baby crib

For the most part this DaVinci crib was easy to put together. And it feels really sturdy and safe!!

And thanks to my mom for making a few baby quilts for Baby M to enjoy in her nursery. Love them!

baby white crib all done

Finally we were done. Jax was thrilled 😉

Now we just need a mattress and sheets!

My ideas for the nursery is to keep it simple. I am having the colors white and purple be the main colors with a splash of others. I am going with fairy or butterfly decorations. I can’t wait to continue to put the nursery together and show you the final product.

baby bump week 25 purelytwins

PREGNANCY WEEK 25 UPDATE:

Current food cravings?

I am still loving pickles. I am also loving fresh fruit like peaches and watermelon.

I do feel my appetite increasing lately.

Here is what I ate yesterday:

breakfast egg scramble

Breakfast was eggs mixed with kale and liverwrust all cooked in ghee with sea salt and turmeric. Served with half caff bulletproof coffee.

lunch simple protein smoothie

After some yoga it was pudding time. Pudding was made with water, cilantro, protein powder, cucumber, gelatin and coconut oil.

onnit nut butters snack

Followed by a few bites of Onnit nut butters. See what we think of these butters here.

beet beef potato dinner

Dinner was sautéed veggies, few sweet potatoes, steamed beets, slow cooked buffalo sirloin with coconut oil.

Get meat here.

slice of chip bread

Dessert was some low carb chocolate chip bread. I ended up having a few slices. So good.

Any symptoms?

Same issues pretty much as last week.

No extra bloating yet and wedding rings are still on (fitting good).

My emotions seem to be all over the place. One minute I am happy and excited while later on I will be sad and scared. I knew pregnancy was going to be an interesting and hard job to a point, but having the emotions changing so much has been hard for me. Yesterday I had a bad day in terms of how I looked at myself.  I kept thinking wow I am fat. I have no muscle anymore.

Now before you start yelling at me that I am pregnant and weight gain is supposed to happen – I know that. That’s not what I am trying to say. What I am meaning is that having the weight gain and not being able to do everything that I could a few months ago is starting to play on my emotions.  And the weird thing is that next day I will be in love with my baby bump and pregnancy body. A roller coaster of emotions for me lately.

What I try to show here (by sharing my journey and pictures) is that pregnancy can be a beautiful thing. That each pregnancy is different for each woman. No matter what you may look like – cherish your pregnant body (even on the bad days).

Realize that having a baby is a true miracle. We all need to stop being so hard on ourselves.  It’s our job as parents to be good role models for our kids and that happens even before they get here 🙂

Stretch marks?

Not really. No new ones.

Miss anything?

Not having a stuffy or bloody nose. Not being so emotionally sensitive. It’s starting to get a little bit harder to shave now. Being able to do things that I could a few months ago. Sorry to be complaining some, but pregnancy is not always to glamorous.

How is your skin?

Overall doing good but did get one really large cystic pimple on my lower left chin area. The first one that I have gotten in a really long time. To be honest, I’ve been very sad about it. But I am still using my essential oils that I like to use on my face plus my oils that I use to wash my face. I will be doing an update on my new oils for washing my face soon. Besides that rather nasty pimple on my chin the rest of my face is doing pretty good! I am still pleased with it. My back acne and KP are hanging in there, I feel like they are getting better but at a snail’s pace!!

How is digestion?

Digestion is doing great for the most part. I am getting my regular bowel movements back from traveling.  I am eating a little bit more and overall my energy is great during the day.

Total weight gain/loss?

Belly has gotten a little bit bigger so definitely feel gained some from that. And breasts are a little larger (which I am loving). It’s so weird to have cleavage. I am loving it!

week 25 pregnancy baby bump first time mom purelytwins

How’s the baby?

Baby M is about the size of an average rutabaga (weird to think about sometimes).

She can hear more and more now. She can really hear my voice. Love that.

lori week 25 still working out pregnancy

NOW FOR MY PREGNANCY WORKOUTS FROM LAST WEEK:

If you would like more help with pregnancy workouts (pre, during and post) please come join purely fit pregnancy. Come and workout with me every day!

Monday –  rest day

Tuesday-  active rest day – did a 20 minute walk

keeping fit during pregnancy week 25 fitfluential purelytwins

Wednesday – did purely HIIT #7 (club workout) + 40 minute walk. I felt great this day and felt amazing to get back into working out.

Thursday-  did purely weights #13 (club workout) + 40 minute walk + pull-ups.

Friday-   filmed the new purely training #66 + 40 minute walk + pull-ups.

Saturday-  did about 10 minutes of sprints. I got a few cramps so I slowed my pace down towards the end. Plus did some lunge walks. Went for a 40 minute walk and pull-ups.

Sunday- did a leg workout plus plank and bridge + 45 minute walk.

Week 25 is going well for me. I am still able to do most workouts. I push myself without over doing it too. I enjoy going on our daily walks. Some days when I notice myself sitting a lot my lower back starts to ache so I get up and go for a walk. It’s amazing how much it helps!!

For moms – what was your special moment with the baby nursery?

Do you have dogs? If so, how did they handle having a baby?

What is one thing that helps you when you get sad or scared? What helps motivate you to be happy?

xo

L

NEW blog signature-01

Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake June 17, 2014 - 10:36 am

I love how you are staying so fit during this pregnancy! Truly inspiring!
Also that plate of sautéed veggies, sweet potatoes, steamed beets, & buffalo sirloin looks sooooo good. Like, now I know what I want to cook. YUM!
Have a great day!

purelytwins June 17, 2014 - 11:15 am

thanks Audrey!! xoxo
And oh yes it was delicious!! hope you get to make it hugs

Linz @ Itz Linz June 17, 2014 - 10:37 am

haha i was surprised at how big the crib was too! just remember your end result – A BABY!!!

purelytwins June 17, 2014 - 11:15 am

thanks Linz!! I will xoxo

Georgia June 17, 2014 - 12:02 pm

I’m sure it is a rollercoaster of emotions, lots of hormones bouncing around in there, but just keep up the positivity and keep reminding yourself what a miracle life is! I have a friend that had success with hypnobirthing and orgasmic birthing, there is alot of fear around labor but my friend didn’t use an epidural (its up to the individual though) and she said the contractions were the worst part of it (and thats the majority of the pain women experience according to her). Maybe some food for thought…

Love Jax heavy posts, he’s such a cutie!!

purelytwins June 17, 2014 - 4:04 pm

thanks Georgia for sharing! Yes I am reading more and more about hypo-birthing, all very interesting. One thing I hope to do is control my fears and stress, and let me know relax during it all knowing that this is what my body was made to do 😉

Laura @ Mommy Run Fast June 17, 2014 - 12:26 pm

I love these posts- you look fantastic, and it’s so fun to see the excitement build as the nursery comes together and this becomes more real!
I’m craving fresh fruit like crazy right now, too. And emotions can definitely be all over the place! It helps for me to laugh it off after the fact. 🙂

purelytwins June 17, 2014 - 4:05 pm

oh my gosh -so real, once with the stroller now with the crib 😉 love it!
and thank you sweetie, you are looking amazing too!! xo
oh yes lots of laughter over here too!! hugs

Christa @ Edible Balance June 17, 2014 - 1:01 pm

Jax is so sweet! He’ll be a great companion for baby M 🙂 I love the crib, and the quilts? So precious.

purelytwins June 17, 2014 - 4:05 pm

thanks sweetie!! oh yes Jax is a great companion, you’re never alone with him around 😉 xo

Erica June 17, 2014 - 1:17 pm

We have the same crib in black! I love it. Well..we’re transitioning it to a bed soon. Kay sleeps so soundly (knock on wood) shes never tried to crawl out of it and we haven’t made the leap to the bed yet (but we are soon). The puppy baby relationship is awesome! Just be patient with your little man once baby arrives! Some dogs transition easily/quickly, but Frank took some adjusting. Now he loves Kay

purelytwins June 17, 2014 - 4:06 pm

really!! yay!! so happy you like the brand of crib yay!
I am excited to see baby M and Jax’s relationship, something about child and dog that is so precious!

Laura Agar Wilson (@lauraagarwilson) June 17, 2014 - 1:35 pm

Check, check and check, I’m experiencing a lot of similar stuff to you this week, the bloody nose, mood swings and weirdly I even have a pimple on my chin for the first time in forever! I am also finding it hard to shave the legs, and a bit TMI but I’ve lost sight of the lady parts now too haha! Bump is definitely expanding 🙂 Hope you have a lovely week

purelytwins June 17, 2014 - 4:07 pm

really?!? crazy how similar we are 😉 love it! glad to know that I am not alone! haha I feel ya pain with not being able to really see those special parts 😉

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 17, 2014 - 1:52 pm

Love that style of crib. I cannot wait to get started on my baby boys nursery in a few weeks. Luckily the crib we have chose gets built for us on delivery! 🙂

purelytwins June 17, 2014 - 4:07 pm

oh very nice! xo

janetha June 17, 2014 - 4:54 pm

haha i love this post. jax is too much. i can’t wait to see the finished nursery!

purelytwins June 17, 2014 - 4:58 pm

Janetha haha I know this dog is something else 😉 Cannot wait to the pictures of your nursery!!

Erin June 17, 2014 - 5:28 pm

It looks like you’re taking on pregnancy well! To answer your questions,
I think the most fun part of my nursery was when we bought the artwork. We are big disney needs and we bought two great disney pieces for her nursery.
My husband was my biggest rock when I was scared or concerned. He was so calm and listened to everything I had to say without saying I was crazy or overreacting.

I was assuming your mom made your quilts because she made a couple for my daughter 🙁

purelytwins June 17, 2014 - 5:59 pm

thanks Erin!! and love that about your nursery, I love disney too!!
Yes it’s amazing how the husbands do such a great time with calming us ladies down 🙂 I am thankful for Gary’s support.

Laura Veilleux June 18, 2014 - 5:29 am

I have to say, reading your post was like reading my own thoughts. I’m sitting here, nursing my 6 week old baby and I remember feeling the same way about my body. It was rough at times but you will make it through. I just got cleared to work out at my postpartum checkup this week and I can’t wait to get my body back. It will be another long road, and surely a slow one with the responsibility of a baby now, but I am working on it one step at a time! Congratulations! Btw, my dog acted the same with the crib and I have a million pics of it!

purelytwins June 18, 2014 - 9:33 am

Laura thank you! Wishing you all the best on your journey, one thing to remember is to enjoy it 🙂

Carla June 18, 2014 - 7:31 am

pregnancy is SUCH A BEAUTIFUL thing and you show it so so well.

xo

purelytwins June 18, 2014 - 9:33 am

Nour June 18, 2014 - 10:16 am

You look fantastic! And don’t apologize for how you feel–pregnancy is not a walk in the park. You have good and bad days. I found that talking out my sad moments with my husband really helped. He has such strength and a positive attitude, I found it really helpful. Especially post baby–emotions were all over the place. Talk it out!

purelytwins June 18, 2014 - 11:47 am

thank you Nour!! having a good support system has been helpful for me xo