As you can see from the title we have a fun topic to talk about today.
Today’s Purely Talk is part 3 of our gut – digestion series.
Just in case you missed the first two parts:
Our story and why gut health is important
The vicious cycle we suffered from and you might be too.
How to help the body eliminate waste and toxins better through taking care of your elimination organs.
In the video below we show what we’ve done to help our body eliminate better (aff link)
We have a print out so you can keep these tips with you. Find ways to incorporate them into your routine. Remember just pick 1-3. Don’t feel you have to start all at once. The key is to being consistent as change takes time.
elimination tips (click to print these tips)
9 ways to help the body eliminate
1. Exfoliate to help our skin get rid of dead cells. In the video we show how we exfoliate. We are trying out homemade body and face scrubs and loving it.
2. Rebounding and dry skin brushing to help the lymphatic system. And most recently doing cold showers, which we cover in the video. This is the rebounder we have (no affiliation).
3. Drink water first thing in the morning to keep things moving. We aim to drink 3 -4 cups of room temperature water. Sometimes we warm up the water. Adding lemon or ACV can be helpful too. Be aware not to drink too much water that it flushes nutrients out of the body, especially around meal times. This could also throw off electrolyte balance.
4. Exercise daily. Being personal trainers we know the importance of daily movement. In the purely fit life club we create weekly workout schedules giving our members ideas of workouts they can do. And if you follow us on Instagram you will see we are always sharing new fitness moves we are working on. Exercise pretty much is great for a lot of things, especially helping the body get rid of “stuff”. The best part is you don’t have to do a lot to see the benefits. Find little ways to move the body through out the day like walking!!
5. Get rid of Stress!! Oh boy this is one thing we personally have to keep working on. We are trying to get into a routine of deep breathing every night as it helps slow our minds down before bed. A little meditating to help us get back in touch with ourselves! There is more and more research coming out about how important breathing is and how it can help reduce stress! As we mentioned in the last video, stress can just keep adding to your digestive problems. And your symptoms never really go away they just keep circling back. We know, as we are experiencing this.
And here is the podcast that Michelle mentioned from Wellness Wonderland. We love Bex and Katie!
6. Eating a wholesome balanced diet. Oh there is that word we hate –> DIET. We are not hear to say do this or that diet, but simply mention, as we always do, find YOUR diet. #bepurelyou 🙂 Finding what your body likes takes time and persistence. When you eat real foods your body knows what to do. We personally get caught up in all the diet hypes out there…eat raw foods and you will get clear skin…or eat paleo and all your allergies will go away. Ya, not so much. For some people those ways of eating have worked, but for us we have to dig a bit deeper. We will expand more on diet later.
7. Visualization has helped both of us clear up our acne. Currently Michelle is working hard on “seeing” her legs heal due to her eczema. We both know first hand how hard it can be to stay positive when your legs are itching like crazy and you have red patches all over, or you face is covered in deep red blemishes. How did we use visualization? When we looked into the mirror we “saw” clear skin. Literally, we had to fake it but over time our mind and body caught on and our skin improved! Michelle is being challenged with this once again.
8. Using natural products on our body. So many products out there just bring more harm to the body than good. This goes for all types of products, not just ones you actually put on your body. We are so thankful that our sister introduced us to DoTerra oils. We love being able to make something at home and use without worrying about what chemicals are in it. Especially now as Lori is preparing to have a little one running around.
9. Use a stool or squatty potty (aff link) when on the toilet. Well, learning to squat in general is important. The position makes a big difference on the ease of going. Check out this great video from squatty potty for more details of what is wrong with standard toilets. As Michelle mentioned in the video we have found the squatty potty helps us go to the bathroom easier. And the more we use it we know our bodies will learn how to eliminate better. It’s a habit we are working on!
We hope this video has helped and served you!!
Pick 1-3 of elimination tools and start doing them today. Don’t feel like you have to them all. Just pick a few. Do them regularly. Being consistent is probably more important than doing 10 different things sporadically. Then over time you will see improvements then you can add more in if desired. We promise once you start listening to your body, trying new things and giving your body time things will get better! This is a little reminder to ourselves too.
Keep in mind our previous homework assignments — keep being aware of your body and learning to slow down when eating – as these all play a role for better digestion.
Rebounding good for the lymph system
From one happy tummy to another!
P.S. If you enjoyed this video and post please pass this around to your friends and family. Thank you! We cannot do this without your support.
Like what you see? Make sure you subscribe so you never miss a video. Or sign-up for our FREE newsletter that gets delivered to your inbox once a week.
An affiliate link is in this post. When you click and purchase we receive a small percentage at no cost to you. This allows us to keep blogging! We greatly appreciate your support!