Gluten-free, vegan, paleo almond butter samoa bar recipe.
Yesterday I (Lori) had another doctor’s appointment to check to see how baby M and I are doing. We are both doing great. Thank you again for all the sweet words on my week 22 update.
We had a busy day yesterday and it just flew by! We filmed a new full body weight workout for our club plus some short how-to videos of certain exercise moves. We are always adding more and more things to our online club. And we wanted to say HI to our new members.
Later in the day we took some pictures as we are working on a new ebook cookbook!! This one is filled with our favorites.
Which, speaking of favorites, who didn’t love the classic girl scout samoa cookie growing up? Honestly thin mints were always the top winner in our family but as we got older our taste buds have grown to like the taste of the coconut chocolate combo in the samoa cookie.
Gluten-free, pale, vegan almond butter samoa bars.
When we came up with today’s recipe we knew we wanted it to be friendly for many dietary preferences. We used no eggs, no flour or legumes, and it can easily be made nut-free. We wanted everyone to be able to enjoy these delicious samoa bars too.
Soft, moist and oh so dreamy!
Come into our kitchen to see how easy it is to make these flourless almond butter samoa bars without eggs and grains.
If you like rich satisfying sweet treats and want less guilt these bars are for you.
These almond butter bars are the perfect base for a caramel coconut chocolate topping. Love all the different textures from the smooth cake-like bars to chewy caramel topping. All the flavors melt together perfectly as the chocolate makes it heaven.
Can never have too much chocolate, right?
Don’t forget to PIN to make this dessert!
Promise it’s a keeper!!
Move over girl scout samoa cookies there is a new kid on the block.
These almond butter samoa bars are grain-free, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, paleo and egg-free.
Any nut or seed butter will work for the almond butter.
Instead of maple you can do honey or coconut nectar.
You can melt a chocolate bar for the chocolate sauce.
Use green bananas for the plantains.Print
almond butter samoa bars (paleo, vegan)
A quick dessert made from homemade almond and coconut butter to provide a rich dense dessert. Gluten-free grain-free egg-free almond butter samoa bars made with plantains! No flour. A perfect balance of carbs, fat and protein.
These almond butter samoa bars will quickly become a family favorite dessert.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: makes 12-16 bars 1x
- 2 large plantains, green/yellow (14oz or 200g after being peeled)
- 3/4 cup homemade almond butter (6 3/4 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil (liquid)
- 1 1/2 cups raw coconut flakes
- 8–9 pitted dates, soak in water (4 1/2 oz)
- 1/4 cup of water from the soaking the dates
- 1/4 cup homemade coconut butter (2 3/4oz)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- 4–5 tablespoons coconut oil, liquid
- few drops stevia for sweetness
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- In a bowl place pitted dates and cover with water to soak. Set aside.
- Place almonds into vitamix and blend until creamy. This takes some time. Or you can use store bought almond butter just make sure nothing has been added to it. Once creamy set aside.
- Peel plantains and roughly chop.
- Place plantains and almond butter in a blender. Blend together.
- Add in maple syrup, coconut oil, baking powder and soda.
- Blend until all combined and smooth.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased 8 in baking dish.
- Bake in oven 18 -20 minutes. Or until firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
Make coconut topping.
- Remove dates from water and place in vitamix.
- Add in coconut butter, vanilla and 1/4 cup date water.
- Blend together. You may need more or less water.
- Scoop out date paste into a large bowl and stir in 1 1/2 cups coconut flakes.
- Spread coconut date topping onto almond butter bars.
Next make chocolate sauce
- Place cocoa powder in a small bowl.
- Add in coconut oil and stevia.
- Stir until smooth.
- Can do more or less coconut oil depending how thick you want the chocolate sauce.
- Spread chocolate sauce onto bars.
- Slice bars into 12-16 slices.
These bars freeze great too! So make a batch up tonight and freeze the extras to enjoy later.
As you will see how quickly you will fall in love with these almond butter samoa bars.
What was your favorite girl scout cookies? Any other samoa fans out there? Do you like coconut flavored foods?
Affiliate link is in the post. When you click and purchase we receive a small percentage at no cost to you. This allows us to keep blogging! We greatly appreciate your support!