{pregnancy} week 22 + baby registry highlights

week 22 pregnancy baby bump

Okay so I am really starting to feel pregnant!

Strangers are even saying things to me. Over the weekend, as Gary and I were running errands, I had 3 different people say something to me about me being pregnant. Luckily, none of these strangers touched my belly. I am not sure about that.

My belly has really popped over these past few days 🙂  Gotta love that baby bump!

cuteline3-01

baby stroller The baby stroller on my baby registry is the Chicco brand.

We decided to go with Chicco Cortina Keyfit 30 Travel system. After a ton of research Gary and I decided to go with this one because we liked the brand and we liked the whole set idea (and it got good reviews). I love how it comes with an infant car seat and base, and the stroller allows for multi-position and flat-recline seat when she gets bigger. We went to Buy Buy Baby to touch it and walk around with it to make sure we liked it. And we did.

stroller

I am super excited to have this finalized along with several other things off my baby registry. I also have things on there Fisher-Price rocker (which several of you mentioned), aden + anais swaddle blankets, Bobby pillow and baby video monitor to name a few things.

I probably put too many things on my registry. I am looking at my registry as a master list of everything I think I will need. I know I will be buying some of the items off my registry myself so it is nice to have it all in one spot. If you are interested in seeing my full registry let me know and I will share it.

Thanks to my dear friend Janetha mentioning babyli.st website to me. I love that site.  I love how I can put anything on my registry from any site.

Using babyli.st for my baby registry has been super easy and convenient.

baby shopping

Michelle and I also sneaked away for an hour to check out pottery barn kids (baby) for some ideas for the crib sheets.

Now here’s an update on the progress with our renovation with baby M’s bathroom.

diy bathroom update

First it was taking off the old countertop.

fixing up bathroom ourselves

Next was removing whole vanity. This took a little bit to figure out. But eventually Gary got it!

babys bathroom update

Last night Gary was able to paint! Going with a very soft, light peach color. I am so happy not to see the old dark blue wallpaper anymore!

I have the best husband. He worked so hard over the weekend.We are both excited to continue to work in the bathroom and see the final result! There is a lot of work left to do but I know we will get there as we are doing this bathroom ourselves! The new vanity has been ordered and we have new tile to lay down after the painting.

cuteline3-01

lori at week 22 baby update

pregnancy week 22 update:

Current food cravings?

I am still enjoying the same foods from last week. Sauerkraut is still off my list, but I have been enjoying pickles. Those are hitting the spot.

Few of my eats —

eating almond bread

Enjoying some grain-free almond butter bread.

lunch pickle

Plantain protein bread with a pickle. Random. But it’s what I wanted.

rice sardines dinner

Sushi rice mixed with sardines, fermented veggies, sautéed greens, coconut oil and nutritional yeast.  This is a pretty typical dinner for me.

Any symptoms?

The past few days I have had a few cramping but nothing major. My sleep is alright. Some nights I get up a few times to go pee and other nights just once. I love using my serenity essential oil before bed as it helps calm me as I sleep. It’s funny how I notice the nights that I forget to put it on my feet before bed as I don’t seem to sleep that well.

Wedding ring is still on. No extra bloating or any other issues. Some days I do feel a little more gassy than others but I know it’s mainly from me eating more resistant starch. Over time I know my body will adjust.

Stretch marks?

None that I have noticed. Guess my gelatin intake is helping.

Miss anything?

Being able to really go hard in my workouts. I still push myself but not as nearly as hard as I did in the past. I know I will be able to do that again post-pregnancy. I am doing my best to enjoy the ride.

Besides that not really missing anything too major.

lori face during pregnancy

How is your skin?

My skin is doing good.  Most of my blemishes from prior weeks are going away. So happy with how my skin is doing with this pregnancy.  My back is the same. And KP on the arms is good on the days I remember to exfoliate.

I have been focusing on taking care of my skin from the inside and out while watching my stress levels. I am so proud of myself for doing a great job in handling my stress. I don’t let things get to me that much anymore. Maybe that comes with becoming a mom or with age 😉

How is digestion?

Digestion is great. I’m really liking resistant starch in my diet more these days. I notice I have usually two bowel movements on the days that I ingest resistant starch (mainly through raw dehydrated plantain chips).  Like I mentioned above I do have more flatulence. Overall I am pleased with my appetite and digestion during this pregnancy so far. I hope it continues.

Total weight gain/loss?

Since my belly has grown over the past week I know I have gained some weight. Besides that I feel the same in other parts of my body. I feel my legs may have gained some weight. But I am happy and pleased with how my body is responding to being pregnant. Remember we are all different!  Each person will carry pregnancy differently and there is nothing wrong with that.

That is why I show pictures of me during this pregnancy because I want to remember it as being a joyful experience. To help show others that pregnancy is a beautiful, magical thing (that’s also a lot of hard work).

How’s the baby?

She is doing great. One site says our baby’s the size of a papaya where another site says size of spaghetti squash. She’s about 1 pound in weight. Growing fast and overall the next few weeks she will gain even more weight.

I felt her for the first time this past weekend!!!!!!!

I had Gary put his hands on my belly to see if he felt the same thing I did to verify that I really felt her kick. And he agreed. He said that feels like a kick (not gas).

I am beyond excited to finally feel baby M.  I know later on in the pregnancy I might get annoyed by those kicks, but right now I am thrilled. There is something about feeling her inside me. I guess it makes it more of a reality that in fact I do have a baby growing inside me. Sometimes still an amazing feeling for me.  Being pregnant is a lot of work as well.

Now for my pregnancy workouts from last week:

pregnancy workouts

Most days I got up and did 10 minutes of rebounding (some days I have done 12 minutes) and some light stretching/foam rolling. Walked most days and did my 5 minute warm-up routine before each day I exercise.

*If you would like more help with pregnancy workouts (pre, during and post) please come and join the purely fit life family. Come and workout with me every day!

Monday –  did purely weights #12 a leg workout found inside our online club plus 45 minute walk and pull-ups. Love that leg workout. I felt great doing this workout. I felt like I  was able to keep the same pace as I did the first time filming it.

Tuesday-  filmed a new 16 minute HIIT cardio online club workout plus 45 minute walk and pull-ups. I felt like I had energy before the workout and was excited to do it, but when we were filming it I was struggling. I felt like I had no energy.

Wednesday – filmed a new 20 minute leg workout for purely training (coming this Monday) plus pull-ups and 45 minute walk.

Thursday- did some TRX exercises and 40 minute walk. I wanted to do an active rest day and felt like TRX. I really like using TRX during my pregnancy. It’s great for working the core and body differently. I love it for strengthening my back.

Friday-   did purely weights club workout #3 a leg workout plus pull-ups and 30 minute walk.

Saturday-  did some light yoga. I did not go that long as I probably should have. But I was proud of myself for doing a little.

Sunday- did a few sprints at the park with Michelle. Also did 100 KB swings and pull-ups.

week 22 pregnancy workouts

Overall I am doing great with my workouts. I still enjoy my daily workouts especially on the days when I feel great and I’m able to work hard.

For the most part I am still able to keep up with Michelle.. I have a feeling though my pace is going to start slowing down over the next few weeks as I am already starting to feel that. I told Michelle I might have to start filming different videos than her that way I don’t hold her back.

Thanks as always for the love and support during my journey. And thank you for all book recommendations. I ordered most of them and excited to start reading (Gary too).

What baby stroller did you use?

When did you start to notice your workouts starting to slow down?

How was your Memorial Day weekend? Anyone else do some house projects?

xo

NEW blog signature-01

Meg @ A Dash of Meg May 27, 2014 - 9:16 am

awwwww you felt her 😀 yayyyyy and i love the light peach!!!!!

purelytwins May 27, 2014 - 7:44 pm

thanks sis!! xo

Michelle May 27, 2014 - 9:42 am

AHH Lori your baby bump is too cute!! Pregnancy agrees with you;)) And glad it’s going well thus far! Also, I (once again) have you ladies to thank for inspiring me– I took a lovely walk this past weekend, because I had some muscle soreness and didn’t want to stress my body, but wanted a little movement. Just me, a podcast, and absolutely gorgeous weather! xo

purelytwins May 27, 2014 - 7:45 pm

thanks Michelle 🙂 you’re too sweet, thank you! So happy to hear this – yay for listening to your body and taking it easy!! yay!! hugs

Lisa May 27, 2014 - 10:04 am

I’m at 39 weeks… and I haven’t gotten sick of the kicking yet–I love it! And it gets really crazy too–all hands and feet moving in different directions. It’s so much fun.

We have a similar stroller–looking forward to using it!

My workouts slowed down after about 30 weeks—my pelvis got achy and my feet started to hurt. I overdid it one day and could barely walk, so I went to a chiropractor (who fixed the pain), but I slowed down after that. Right now… since I could have the baby any day, I’m just walking and doing some yoga. I think you’re right—everyone is different. I hear about people running marathons and then giving birth the next day… not me!

You look beautiful and I’m so glad you’re having fun with being pregnant—it’s a magical time!

purelytwins May 27, 2014 - 7:41 pm

haha good to know 🙂 I have a feeling I will love the kicks too!
I see lots of walking in my future as well!! So excited for you as your big day is coming soon sweetie!

Erica May 27, 2014 - 10:33 am

ah! So exciting. Getting the registry done is a lot of work! Looking good- glad the skin and digestion are doing well. Yayyy <3 <3

purelytwins May 27, 2014 - 7:40 pm

thanks Erica xxo

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun May 27, 2014 - 10:49 am

You look awesome! Glad you are feeling well. Great job on the workouts, I really hope I am able to keep mine up when the time comes for a little one 🙂

purelytwins May 27, 2014 - 7:40 pm

thank you Sara!! And you will!

Greta @ fueledbyfresh May 27, 2014 - 11:36 am

Sounds like a super productive weekend! We went with the Jeep stroller. I like the off road tires and it works pretty good for jogging though it is a bit heavy. We cleaned out the garage this weekend which was desperately needed! Allowed me to drag out some baby gear that I need to get cleaned up soon for the arrival of our second little guy in September!

purelytwins May 27, 2014 - 7:39 pm

Oh that reminds me — cleaning out our garage is next 😉

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes May 27, 2014 - 12:30 pm

Yay for feeling your little girl move. I’m 23 weeks pregnant and love feeling my little boy move…it’s magical! You are looking fab by the way!

purelytwins May 27, 2014 - 7:37 pm

thanks sweetie! it is a magical!

Georgia May 27, 2014 - 2:31 pm

Congrats on feeling her kick!!! That is beyond amazing, I’m sure you were thrilled… You look amazing too, I can see the glow!! On a side note, my cousin has an iphone app baby monitor that goes right to his phone. I think it was pretty inexpensive because it uses a webcam hooked up to the iphone.

purelytwins May 27, 2014 - 7:37 pm

you’re too sweet! thank you!! I will have to look into that app, thanks!

Alyssa May 27, 2014 - 8:06 pm

Congrats on your pregnancy, and on keeping motivated, such an inspiration for mom’s to be! We have the Bob Jogging stroller, and started with the Cortina stroller but quickly sold the Cortina to get Chiccos Lightway Plus and we love it! I highly recommend all of the Chicco products, we upgraded from the keyfit carseat to the Nextfit when our little was 9 months old.

purelytwins May 28, 2014 - 8:46 am

thank you Alyssa, I hope I’m an inspiration for others 🙂 So happy you like Chicco products!!

lauraagarwilson (keepinghealthygettingstylish) May 28, 2014 - 2:55 am

Of course I am loving your updates so much, it’s great to see what you are experiencing at the same point in pregnancy as me 🙂 You are so right about us all being so different, it’s a beautiful thing that no two pregnant women are alike. I’m glad you mentioned about the KP on your arms as I suffered with that most of my life then once I’d sorted my diet out it improved, but then when I developed more of an ED it came back. Very happy that it’s pretty much gone now, I just hadn’t registered it! We don’t seem to go in for things like baby registeries and showers here in the UK so much although I kind of wish we did!

purelytwins May 28, 2014 - 8:47 am

it’s fun to be experiencing this with you too Laura hugs, oh yes KP such a fun thing haha. I hope to figure mine out soon!

Ulli May 28, 2014 - 3:09 am

I’m so excited for you for feeling her kick!! Now comes the best part of the pregnancy (IMO), the kicks are getting stronger and stronger and its really funny once you can see your whole belly moving when the baby moves, I’m still loving it (week 34)!! Have a great day!! Ulli (PS: You look great!!)

purelytwins May 28, 2014 - 8:45 am

yay!! I am so excited for stronger kicks!! xo

Laura @ Mommy Run Fast May 29, 2014 - 10:14 am

Feeling the baby move is the BEST! I never got tired of it- although some babies can kick pretty hard by the end. 🙂 You look fabulous- love that the belly is popping!

purelytwins May 29, 2014 - 10:32 am

🙂 xoxo

Vasili Gatsinaris July 31, 2014 - 8:53 pm

Congratulations on your pregnancy and keep inspiring other moms.So exciting.Thanks for sharing.

Nafise May 3, 2016 - 2:13 pm

hello Lovely Lori,
We are expecting and and now I am in week 22, yooohooo.
It’s our first baby, so don’t know a lot about what the baby needs. Could you please share your baby registry list to me?
Thanks so much XOXO

purelytwins May 5, 2016 - 2:00 am

Congrats on your pregnancy!! I shared some of my registry here http://purelytwins.com/2014/05/27/pregnancy-week-22-baby-registry-highlights/