Yesterday we had a massive rain storm. It rained pretty much all day long. That storm definitely made up for not having any rain for the past few days. We were feeling spoiled in a way with all the amazing sunlight we were getting. Guess you do need a good rain storm every now and then, right? Who likes a good rain storm? Speaking of rain we were also talking the other day about how we needed to get ourselves some rain boots. It has been on our list to purchase for a few months now. Guess we are just waiting for that perfect storm to make us go buy some, haha.
When it’s raining you might crave something comforting or satisfying. Are we right? Anything to help get through the rainy day, right? For us, that would be anything with chocolate.
These two-bite brownies were inspired by our chewy brownie that we made several years ago over on pure2raw. And just like our key lime cheesecakes we felt those brownies needed an upgrade. We did play around with the recipe some to update it with different ingredients as wanted to make them grain-free.
We’re always looking for delicious little treats to make an excuse in making. Because brownies just like cookies can bring a smile to any rainy day 🙂
Two bite protein brownies that are gluten-free and grain-free.
If we told you how many tries it took for us to get these two-bite gluten-free grain-free protein brownies just right, you might think we are crazy. What can we say… we wanted them just right.
We promise these mini brownies are fun – kids will love them, and with a scoop of ice cream and drizzle of chocolate sauce, they make a pretty fab dessert.
Soft moist crumb in each bite. You could polish them off in one bite if you wanted 😉
The ingredient list is pretty short too with having just 7 ingredients! We love it when we can keep the ingredients simple.
Instead of hemp protein you can use any protein powder of your liking. You can use a nut or seed meal as well. The final texture might be a little different.
Instead of an egg you can try making vegan with flax or chia gel. We’ve not tested this so unsure of how it will turn out. Our original recipe for these brownies did work without an egg.
Mini two-bite chocolate protein brownies full of protein and healthy fats.
Perfect little brownies to give a little boost of energy.Print
two-bite grain-free brownies
Fun and healthy way to enjoy mini brownies. Brownies that are made with hemp protein and coconut oil making it filled with protein and healthy fats for energy. A quick way to enjoy something chocolate. Soft moist chew. Perfect little snack to enjoy anytime of the day.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 12 mini brownies 1x
- 1/4 cup hemp protein (1oz)
- 7 tablespoons cacao or cocoa (1 3/4oz)
- 6 tablespoons coconut sugar (2oz)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, liquid (1 1/2oz)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Have all ingredients at room temperature.
- In a large bowl place all dry ingredients.
- Next add in egg with coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Continue to stir.
- End with adding in the 1 tablespoon water.
- Batter should be smooth and a little thick.
- Spoon brownie batter into mini cupcake/muffin pan. Or can bake in a 6 or 7 inch pan lightly greased with coconut oil. *Baking time will be longer more like 20-25 minutes.
- Bake mini brownies for about 10-12 minutes or until toothpick comes out almost clean.
Do like mini desserts?
What would you enjoy these brownies with?
What do you like to make on a rainy day?