The best recipes are the flexible kind.
We love it when we can throw together some recipes to create a masterpiece. Baking is supposed to look like a fun, sugary mess right?
The other day we were discussing what we wanted to make for our birthday cake. Since that is a huge priority 😉 Between two huge sweet lovers we couldn’t decide on just one recipe. Michelle wanted cookie cake and Lori wanted chocolate, lots of chocolate. We both wanted something creamy.
Oh what to do?!?
You make everything but the kitchen sink kind of cake! It’s sure to hit any craving as it’s got layers of cookie cake, brownies, creamy frosting, cereal, more cookies and chocolate! And sprinkles! We are all about sprinkle cakes lately.
Really you just need a few basic things to make this kitchen sink cake. What you decide for your layers is really up to you. It is a great way to build your own customized cake just for YOU! In our case, for the two of us. Make any combination you want and start layering. Are you ready to make a mess in the kitchen? Good, we are too!
Everything but the kitchen sink gluten-free vegan birthday cake bar.
Now that’s a birthday cake! Our birthday cake — well tomorrow we will be enjoying this gem.
One hell of a birthday cake, too!
Layers and layers of pure heaven.
By far one of our best birthday cakes!
Gluten-free vegan layered birthday cake bars!
Each layer brings its own flavor and texture to the final cake.
All our favs in one recipe. Brilliant idea!
We can’t wait to enjoy this cake tomorrow for our special day! Since we are celebrating all month long we went ahead and sampled this cake 😉 You know to make sure it was BIRTHDAY worthy!Print
everything but the kitchen sink birthday cake bars
A fun way to enjoy birthday cake. A gluten-free vegan layered everything but the kitchen sink cake with layers of cookies, brownies, frosting, cereal and chocolate. The ultimate birthday cake!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: makes an 8 inch cake 1x
- one recipe of our soft thick chocolate chip cookies
- one recipe of our flourless brownies
- one recipe of our protein graham cracker cookies from S’mores cookbook
- 2–3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder or cocoa
- few drops of liquid stevia
- Gather all the ingredients for each recipe.
- Make soft coconut flour chocolate chip cookies but instead of cookies press into a 8 inch pan to make a cookie cake.
- Next make flourless brownies and pour batter on top of cookies.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- While cake is cooling make cashew frosting and cocoa puffs.
- Stir in cocoa puffs or any cereal of your liking into frosting.
- Spread frosting onto cake.
- Next make protein graham cracker cookies, follow directions from cookbook
- Press graham cracker cookies on top of cashew frosting. You can use this cashew dip as frosting as an option.
- Let sit for a few minutes until cake is completely cooled.
- Make chocolate sauce.
- Cut cake into slices and drizzle each one with chocolate sauce.
- Sprinkle with sprinkles if desired.
- Serving Size: makes about 8-10 slices
Grab your fork or spoon and let’s eat some birthday cake.