Ever since we created our first grain-free, egg-free plantain burgers we cannot stop thinking about them. And our addiction for veggie burgers continues.
Veggie burgers might always get bad press for not being true ‘burgers’. And that’s okay. So maybe we should just call these plantain rounds. But to be honest – plantain rounds? That doesn’t sound that amazing. Nothing eye catching. Definitely not a blog worthy recipe title. Right?
So back to calling these veggie burgers 🙂
We aren’t really sure why we love these veggie plantain burgers so much but we do. When we made these a few weeks ago, we would find ways to sneak into the fridge and grab one to snack on. Okay, Lori really did that. But who ate all the plantain burgers doesn’t really matter. Because once you make these you will find yourself doing the same thing.
Kale veggie egg-free, gluten-free burger made from plantains.
You will soon be amazed how making vegan friendly and grain-free burgers can be. Plus the great thing you can add in any spice you like to make it your own.
Let’s be honest, sometimes we all just want to sit down and enjoy a big burger without all the bloat and guilt that can come afterwards.
These veggie plantain burgers are the answer. They will leave you feeling nourished and satisfied!
Do we have you running to the store?
Or perhaps you have these ingredients on hand and you are dashing to the kitchen!!
What… you’re not running to the kitchen?!
Here are 5 reasons you need to eat these kale grain-free vegan plantain burger.
1. Plantains. Enough said.
2. No flour! So need to worry about if it’s gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, etc.
3. Burgers are so in right now, right?
4. Great way to eat kale.
5. Because it’s fun to see everyones faces as they see you eat this veggie burger and ask you what you are eating?
A little mix of sweet and savory. These burgers have a slightly sweet taste mixed with some tahini and sun-dried tomato flavors bursting through.
Easy to make. Taste great. And perfect for making homemade burgers with the family. Remember you can use our plantain bread as the bun 🙂
Replace plantain with potato or sweet potato. Might make more dense burger as plantains are more starchy.
Replace sunflower seeds with any nut or seed of choice.
Replace kale with spinach.
Replace tahini with any nut butter or sunbutter.
Here is recipe for these amazing grain-free vegan veggie burgers.Print
Kale sun-dried tomato plantain veggie burger
A simple healthy veggie burger made with kale and plantains that you can enjoy guilt free. Gluten-free. Egg-free. Dairy-free. Grain-free.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: makes 8 burgers 1x
- 7 oz steamed plantain
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon honey or maple
- handful kale
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Peel plantain and steam for about 20 minutes.
- Place plantain plus remaining ingredients into food processor.
- Blend until everything comes together.
- If batter is dry, add water 1 tablespoon at a time.
- You want a slightly sticky easy to use batter.
- Once everything is blended together scoop out burgers.
- Makes about 8 burgers depending on how big you want them.
- To bake: place in 350 degree oven, paste each side with some coconut oil and bake for 12-15 minutes on each side.
- To cook on skillet: Place some coconut oil in pan. Place burgers on skillet over medium heat. Cook for about 6-8 minutes on each side.
Now let’s enjoy some veggie plantain burgers this Spring!