{pregnancy} week 15

Hey luvs,

So excited to be sharing my second pregnancy update with you. I am currently in the middle of my 15th week.

Everything is pretty much the same as in my week 14 update in the purely twins world.  Just a few changes… like Michelle is also now a personal trainer so we can now take our online business even further. And learning to help make it grow through some online business classes. In addition, purely twins headquarters might be relocating.

week 15 update purelytwins

pregnancy week 15 update:

Current food cravings?

Still loving grapefruit.  And now really enjoying freshly sliced turkey or ham from WholeFoods, mostly turkey.  It just satisfies me so much. And loving my healthy fats, always want something (coconut oil, tahini, peanut butter or almond, and avocados).

peanut butter and jelly on plantain bread copy

Love my homemade PB&J.

coconut egg pancake

Loving anything bread like – from plantain bread to this simple coconut flour egg pancake.

sliced turkey cravings

Sliced turkey and ham from my lunch yesterday. So good.

Any symptoms?

Sleep is pretty good. Some nights I feel like I slept well while other nights I toss and turn a lot. Mainly from my nose being so stuffy that I can’t breathe that well. Plus having minor bloody noses. Nothing too bad, just a little bloody.  Fun times.

I don’t seem to really have any other symptoms. Still overall feeling like my normal self.

Stretch marks?

None that I have noticed that I didn’t have previously.

Miss anything?

A good glass of wine.

How is your skin?

Skin is still doing well. I have small blemishes a little bit all over my face, they are small so makeup usually covers them up. I did have my first large pimple this past week that was on my right side of mouth/cheek area. This week I feel it is going away.  I still have some back acne that I have been dealing with the whole year, they just don’t seem to move. So frustrating. I am starting to put my Nerium face lotion on it and dry skin brush to see if that helps them to go away!

How is digestion?

Digestion is normal.  No major issues. Some days I eat a little too fast that I get a little extra bloated, but besides that nothing different.  Constipation is part of my past, it has been something I have been focused on during my pregnancy. I will do a follow-up more on this tomorrow with what supplements I have been taking.

Total weight gain/loss?

Again I am not tracking this so I have no idea. But I do personally feel that I have gained some weight as I feel ‘heavier’ especially in the stomach, legs and butt area. Which is to be expected. I am taking this week by week. I know the weight gain is part of pregnancy but still sometimes it can be hard. Don’t get me wrong, I am loving being pregnant and seeing my body change. I am excited to see how it continues to change the next few months.

pregnancy staying fit

Now for my pregnancy workouts from last week

Monday –  did purely fit life weights #8 – those dive bombers were tough but managed to do them

Tuesday-  did purely fit life cardio #8 – another fav workout of mine, I was able to keep up but did have to do some modifications

Wednesday –  did some TRX back exercises and pull-ups

Thursday- did purely training #56 – felt good during this workout

Friday-  filmed a new purely fit life weight workout for the club

Saturday- active rest day

Sunday- pull-ups and some extra leg stuff for another active rest day

lori second trimester workout

For my workouts I felt great during them. I feel I still have decent strength, some days I do feel a little weak and heavy. But keeping up with my weekly workouts is helping me feel good and staying healthy. I look forward to my workouts each day.  I know here soon my workouts might be changing more so I am enjoying that I am still able to do most things.

babybump growing purelytwins

My little baby bump slowing growing 😉  I love looking down and seeing my belly, even if it’s a little small at the moment.

What I am looking forward to?

So many things. I guess finding out the sex of the baby in a few weeks so I can really start planning.

For other moms out there, did you take weekly pics of your belly? What did you like most about second trimester?

Anything you are enjoying this week? Do share.

Who has done their 33 kettlebell swings? Michelle and I will be doing ours later with our workout.

Remember to check-in with us using hashtags #purelytwins and #purelyfitlife so we can encourage each other!!

NEW blog signature-01

sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) April 8, 2014 - 10:17 am

I love seeing you go through this! I’m so excited for you and Gary! Sadly I did not take many pregnant pictures of myself. I was young and dumb. 🙂

I will be getting my 33 kettle bell swings in a little later today!

purelytwins April 8, 2014 - 12:00 pm

thanks girl! I sometimes feel silly taking the pictures, but know that I will probably enjoy looking at them later on 😉

yay for kb swings!

lauraagarwilson (keepinghealthygettingstylish) April 8, 2014 - 10:22 am

I’m taking belly picture but they aren’t the best ones, although I have looked back and can see a difference since 10 weeks which is nice! I’ve actually gone completely off white meat, but I’m with you on the healthy fats, I’ve been eating tahini by the jar full these last few weeks. Looking forward to my 20 week scan as well, can’t wait to find out what we are having! Do you have any feeling if it is a boy or girl? I’m sure I’m having a girl!

purelytwins April 8, 2014 - 12:01 pm

yay for healthy fats 🙂 at first I thought it was boy, now I am thinking a girl.

Meg @ A Dash of Meg April 8, 2014 - 11:50 am

love these posts sis! and i don’t believe i’ve tried your coconut flour egg pancake yet!

purelytwins April 8, 2014 - 12:02 pm

thanks sis 😉 xo

Jojo @ RunFastEatLots April 8, 2014 - 11:56 am

You’re doing great! 😀

I’m enjoying the beautiful spring weather this week!

purelytwins April 8, 2014 - 12:02 pm

glad you are having lovely weather, we’ve had rain, so hopefully sunny days are around the corner 😉 hugs

georgia April 8, 2014 - 1:38 pm

I love seeing the progress! Its always good to document these things, I’m sure you will be glad you did. You look so lovely!

purelytwins April 8, 2014 - 7:02 pm

thank you Georgia, yes I am excited to be able to look back on my journey. hugs

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun April 8, 2014 - 3:06 pm

You are doing AWESOME! I look forward for you to find out the gender as well! I’ve always said I would LOVE to be surprised but i know how I am and that would never work. HA

purelytwins April 8, 2014 - 7:04 pm

thanks Sara! I know being surprised sounds fun but not sure if I really could haha

Erica April 8, 2014 - 3:29 pm

Your belly is so darn cute!

purelytwins April 8, 2014 - 7:04 pm

🙂 thx

Ulli April 8, 2014 - 4:25 pm

Thanks for sharing!! I’m in the 27th week already and am so proud of my growing belly…the first 20 weeks it was nearly impossible to see – I shared some pics on my blog too. I’m not allowed to do my workouts anymore because of the position of my placenta, which really sucks, I miss them so so much!! I just focus on going for lots of walks with my dog Mini and move as much as I can. I’m already looking forward to reading about your journey!! Have a great day! Ulli

purelytwins April 8, 2014 - 7:06 pm

congrats to you sweetie, sorry about not being able to workout, but walking is good 🙂

Angele April 8, 2014 - 6:37 pm

Love the weekly pics and pregnancy update!! VERY curious to hear about your digestion struggles at the start.. how long it lasted and how you overcame! You’re looking great:)

Angele April 8, 2014 - 6:44 pm

LOVE seeing the weekly pics and updates! You’re looking great and sounds like you’re doing great.. I’m really looking forward to reading about your bout of digestive issues at the start of your pregnancy – how long did it last, how did you overcome it and keep it at bay now? Thanks for sharing! 🙂
Also – congrats to Michelle on getting certified as a trainer!

purelytwins April 8, 2014 - 7:07 pm

thanks sweetie! and oh yes the fun digestive stuff haha, it took a good few weeks before things got better, but I will expand on that more

lindsay April 8, 2014 - 7:31 pm

don’t worry, i’ll drink that wine for you mama!
😉

purelytwins April 8, 2014 - 7:57 pm

haha Thanks girl!! Michelle is sitting here drinking a glass 😉

Pua April 9, 2014 - 3:12 am

I’m about a week behind you, but I am HUGE! 🙂 I’ve been having major digestion issues, so that’s been a struggle. However, going into my second semester, I’ve had a lot more energy. I’m able to work out again! I love reading your posts… congrats!!

purelytwins April 9, 2014 - 7:07 am

thanks! Sorry to hear your having digestion issues, I hope that works out soon for you. But glad you’re feeling better. hugs

carla April 9, 2014 - 7:52 am

How much do I LOVE your “IM NOT TRACKING WEIGHT.”
you wise.
it’s so so so not about that right now.

purelytwins April 9, 2014 - 8:30 am

🙂 xo

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables April 9, 2014 - 8:17 am

gosh… I’m so stinking over the moon for you!!

purelytwins April 9, 2014 - 8:31 am